• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Majora's Past: The Ocean of Time

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    This will be the first game I've ever made, and a combination of the Zelda and Pokemon universes. I'm still fleshing out how the battle system will work in this game, but I have the main concept, geography and a few plot ideas ready.

The story will take place in Termina. Since Termina, the land from Majora's Mask, is the parallel universe of Hyrule, when Hyrule is drowned beneath the ocean, so is Termina. Like Hyrule, the deluge was a temporary fix to the evil facing the respective kingdoms.

The main difference, however, is the technologies the two lands developed. Termina was already far more technologically advanced than Hyrule, and it will become even more apparent in this game. The technology will be slightly steampunk inspired, and will include devices used to capture the local fauna of The Oceans of Time, or Sunken Termina. Much like a pokeball.

However, the game will only have 5 available in the party, the first being the hero, you. There will be 5 main islands for the character to travel in, each relating to a storyline region in Majora's Mask. Each Island will have a gym, and after beating the gym with standard pokemon combat, the player will gain access to that regions dungeon. In this stage of development, (this will probably change depending on how difficult scripting this will end up being) the dungeons will be fought in the traditional overworld-style of battle familiar to Zelda games.

There will be a total of four badges, and four dungeons on the four compass-direction islands. After collecting four badges, the player will then fight this regions version of the elite four, and gain access to the final dungeon, where both the champion 'pokemon' battle will be held, and the final boss will be fought with overworld combat.

thoughts/suggestions/critiques?

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    My idea insofar is take the mechanics of pokemon to the world of Zelda. There wouldn't be as huge a variety of creatures, but certain locations would allow for you to battle pokemon style and capture Zelda enemies. So, for example, in the Deku area, there would be a location with non-sentient Deku scrubs, as well as otehr hostiles found in that area to capture.

Years
  • This actually sound very interesting. I love both Zelda and Pokemon and it sounds like very new and creative way of mixing the two together. Just wonder if the game mechanics will compliment each other when put on the same game or just make it more complicated. Either way the ideas creative, interesting, and makes me want to hear more! :P Hope to hear more about it sometime later in the future and even get to see some game progress happening like screenshots or (eventually when its good enough for test) a demo! :P Hope for the best for you and your work! :)

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    A game like this would be truly epic! And also it really makes sense, becasue poekmon already uses Zelda-like mechanics with the HMs that keep opening new passages for you just like the items in Zelda ^.^

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I like ^_^

One question, in the dungeons will you be forced to only to use your "link" character, or can you use your "pokemon"? I understand that it wouldn't be rpg combat, but using these characters in real time instead...

Back