• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Advertising Campaign

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Other than the obvious television commercials and magazine information the Pokémon games have ben advertised in other, big ways. Some examples include Pokémon B/W being promoted by One Direction, and Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 getting its own anime style trailer. So how do you think X and Y will be advertised? Would you like to see something we have already had? How would you advertise the games?

Discuss!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love to see an anime-like trailer advertisement again, tbh! The animations of advertising the game just really, really, appealed to me so much that I went off to buy B2W2 in a pre-order; it was the first time I ever pre-ordered a game, in-fact!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I think the animated trailer for BW2 was fantastic, it really made me want the games a lot more. If Nintendo were to do that again, and use it on TV as one of their commercials, I think it would seriously help with sales.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Big 5 minute gameplay video in Time's Square. Hosted by William Shatner.

...too much?

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
It would be cool to see a trailer with someone playing Pokemon Red wearing 3D glasses with a disappointed look, wishing it was in 3D and thus, Pokemon X & Y is introduced with the new features and gameplay idkk.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Pokemon X commercial narrated by Morgan Freeman
Pokemon Y commercial narrated by Christopher Walken

Nuff said.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I could see Pokémon X narrated by a pirate.

"X marks the spot, matey!"

Cyclone

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I like the comedic suggestions people have suggested on this thread for a trailer, but I think one of the best options they have is to make another animated trailer, a la BW2.
I wish the anime was something like that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just got the penultimate idea. A "60 Minutes" special on Pokémon with a two-segment story on the new game. The history of Pokémon.

...all right, that would be overkill. Besides, could you see old guys in suits talking about little fighting animals?

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like to see an animated Pokémon XY trailer, this time with the female character being in the first version of it. It could start in a peaceful PokéParis setting than go up from their to whatever action events go on in the games.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm thinking that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be advertised similar to what it was in the first trailer along the lines of "Discover a breathtaking new world", instead could be something like "Explore the Pokémon world like never before".

It would also be nice to see some anime short for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, like it was for Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Besides another animated trailer ─ seriously, the B2W2 trailer was crazy good and I'd love to see another one done like that ─ I'd also like to see more advertising commercials like the ones below. Honestly you guys, what can be better than to have advertising like this brought back? Especially something like the first one, because it'd work out perfectly for commercializing on being the first main titles on the 3DS.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Whoa, I remember that R/B/E from commercial years ago. O: I agree - even if it's not the Japanese animated trailers that they've provided for B2W2, the North American commercials for pokemon are equally as good imo. That also can please nostalgic pokemon players too in a way, because they can see those types of commercials and say, "hey, that reminds me of the good ol' days..." you know?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Whoa, I remember that R/B/E from commercial years ago. O: I agree - even if it's not the Japanese animated trailers that they've provided for B2W2, the North American commercials for pokemon are equally as good imo. That also can please nostalgic pokemon players too in a way, because they can see those types of commercials and say, "hey, that reminds me of the good ol' days..." you know?
Unfortunately, the marketing for Pokémon in the US and I'm going to assume for the other countries outside of the Japan as well, leaves a lot to be desired. There's no real creativity behind them anymore. At least none like the effort that was made for the animated Black 2 / White 2 trailer made in Japan, which was later just translated in English afterward. I'd enjoy seeing some commercials and trailers like the good old days again.

A little bit of effort goes a long way. I'm sure it would attract the attention of the young players, both new and current, as well as the old fans who remember similarly styled commercials.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Unfortunately, the marketing for Pokémon in the US and I'm going to assume for the other countries outside of the Japan as well, leaves a lot to be desired. There's no real creativity behind them anymore. At least none like the effort that was made for the animated Black 2 / White 2 trailer made in Japan, which was later just translated in English afterward. I'd enjoy seeing some commercials and trailers like the good old days again.

A little bit of effort goes a long way. I'm sure it would attract the attention of the young players, both new and current, as well as the old fans who remember similarly styled commercials.

Eh... It's all a matter of opinion in that regard I guess. Cause well, some appeals to me, and some don't. But yeah, with hard work and effort, I'm sure that they'll be able to appeal to the younger and older players of pokemon. I mean, we also don't have to worry about their budgets, right? I mean, from the animations from B2W2, their budget can certainly make it all possible~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The reason we never get commercials like those anymore is because we're not in the 90s anymore. Back in that decade, a lot of video game commercials were crazy. The commercial for R/S used the same 90s style, but it somehow didn't appeal to the audience in the 2000s, resulting in Gen III being the least-selling installment of the franchise. So now we have bland 2000s video game commercials.

Back