• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated Pokemon in Older Essentials Versions

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
I noticed that in newer versions in Essentials, game creators can use Animated Pokemon. I am using Essentials 08 because that is what was available when I started game development in 08. How would 08 users add animated Pokemon??

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I suggest upgrading, if you have your own scripts, just re-add them to the new Essentials, other than that, any scripts that you have, may probably not work if you just add the animation thing to yours, I may be wrong, FL . or Maruno will probably be able to answer this more thoroughly though

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I know nothing about animated Pokémon sprites. I thought I should just say that.

Riansky

Purr
Years
You mean the ones like in B/W ? If so, those are just gif images. I don't know if 08 version of Essentials can use gifs but I think it can. But I would really suggest you upgrading to newest version.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I know nothing about animated Pokémon sprites. I thought I should just say that.
Me too.

I tooka quick look and fond that the current version can detect sprites when the sprite is ".gif" and animate it (search for ".gif" and "class GifBitmap").

Your version probably don't have this class, there two fix:
1-You can paste this class with adaptations to work with a old Essentials version. This require a good script knowledge.
2-You can update your version. You probably need to spend a huge time to adapt the PBS, the scripts and the scripts in events in your game to the newer version. With this you can use several new features as well.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
I do not have very many scripts done, but I should be able to adapt my Trainer Card and Dual Screen with ease.

Back