• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet-What drew you in to all that you view and your status on it?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • So yeah simple. What drew you in? it had to be hacks here and then after viewing a lot of the forums I started to see things called fanbases and such and just got stuck. Oh and the rumors and knowing of games ahead of time.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The fact that one could be a total loser in real life but the coolest person on the web. The internet is like a life within your life.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The fact that one could be a total loser in real life but the coolest person on the web. The internet is like a life within your life.

Pretty much what he said. It's a chance to either be yourself, or the person of your wildest dreams, y'know?

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Well, I'm like a god in real life, people can't get enough of me. On the internet however, I'm free to be judged and occasionally left alone. I get to choose when people see my body as well, so I get less perverted stares.

Years
  • Well, I'm like a god in real life, people can't get enough of me. On the internet however, I'm free to be left alone and occasionally judged. I get to choose when people see my body as well, so I get less menacing laughs.

Fixed for my version of the story.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I was bored one day so I got on the Internet. Nothing really draws me to it; there's just nothing else to do.​

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    The fact that one could be a total loser in real life but the coolest person on the web.
    I once dated someone like this (met him on another forum). He was the coolest dude ever online, but turned out to be a basement-dweller that hated IRL human interaction. :/

I honestly don't remember what 'drew me in' to the web per se, as I was a little kid. I guess I liked finding out about stuff. My earliest internet days were also when I was first heavily into Pokemon, so I looked up a lot of stuff about it, and hoarded folders full of images. Later I hoarded pics of various bishies, and later still I learned the ways of communicating with others online, and the rest is history.

My status on the internet... well basically I've been a complete nobody everywhere I've been until this year. Now I'm suddenly becoming quasi-popular in a sense, or at least becoming more well-known and making more friends.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I don't really know. I don't think I started using the Internet on a daily basis until Neopets at age 12. Then one day I decided to see what their forums were all about, specifically roleplaying, which sounded interesting to me. I got hooked, made a lot of awesome friends I couldn't live without, who in turn inspired me to go out and make a life of my own.

I'm 17 now, and in my rare case, the Internet is why I have a life. xD Since then, I guess I've just been hopping from forum to forum, my latest obsessions being GaiaOnline, deviantArt, and here. <3

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • The only reason the internet became part of my life is because it wasn't for so long and all of my IRL friends had it, so I jumped on the bandwagon.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm not a "loser" in my real life, but I tend to quietly shrink into the backround. Of course on the Internet I am an attention grabbing hog <_<

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I have a lot of opinions >.<
    I'm really shy with new people, but with new people on the net? They can't see me.
    So I'm not shy.

Years
  • Seriously. I just wanted to go on children's TV sites (Blue Peter, CBBC) and send emails to them. Then, we had AOL and i started talking in chat rooms and on the boards. After that i got into pokemon and started browsing anything to do with pokemon, before i found neopets. After a while i got bored of Neopets and left for other more gaming related sites and from there on in it has just ballooned into how i use the internet today.

Years
  • I've never really thought about it, I've just taken it for granted that I've always been an internet junkie. When in actual fact, I rarely got to to go online until I was about 12. Even at that stage, I didn't spend much time online, but it's gradually grown to the point where I can spend the entire weekend on the net, provided my parents don't disconnect the router on me.

But my internet obsession started after I became obsessed with GBA games. That grew to include pokemon and then just a vast range of computer-related concepts.

I regret it, to be honest, because it's taken away time I could have spent doing other things, but despite feeling I should, I always stick around for fear of missing something.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Came to forums with Pokemon and stuff and eventually got hooked on. Then started experimenting with other stuff outside of Pokemon, etc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I had originally styled myself as a gamer. I'd been on the Internet just randomly browsing for a while already but that multiplayer button on Homeworld 2's main menu is what threw me in properly, late nights an' all.
    This forum was one of my early Internet ventures, in two and a half years I have amassed just three thousand posts and merited no staff positions, but I have always been Hayate's and later Bromly's right hand man to be super/global moderator on their forum projects.

Now? I am still a gamer, still a forum-goer. I have over time found the best sites for getting the images and music I want, as well as become absorbed into the Internet's own culture, but little more.

The Internet is, funnily enough, what made me stop being a 'loser IRL'.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I was always a techie; I had an old 386 with DOS on it when I was about 5 years old, and by the time I was 6, I was fluid with using it. I grew up with computers, and I've used the internet for as long as I can remember. It started just visiting websites on the internet for shows I watched and playing online with StarCraft and such, and just grew from there.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • When I was 8 I used to look at Sailor Moon sites, but since the only sites were about the Japanese version and were complaining about the English dub, it confused me. :P I didn't know any Japanese names and I loved the English version (and didn't even know there *was* a Japanese version) so I decided the internet was stupid and didn't use it again for a while.

I think I was 11 when I next used it. I'd just gotten into Pokemon and started out downloading music in Napster and chatting with the people I was d/ling music from. I don't remember who it was but someone introduced me to Yahoo Instant Messenger and its chatrooms and I was addicted. I RPed Pokemon a lot and from there, moved on to forums and the like. :] I've been a forum-goer ever since. Toss in Livejournal in 2004 and Twitter in 2007 and you've got me addicted.

idk about status, though. I'm not e-famous or anything but I'm known enough in my circles and honestly, that's all I could really ask for.

Back