• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Chronos

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • Pokemon: Chronos
    Thanks to some persuation, and a year of mowing the lawn, my parents have finally agreed to letting me get RPG Maker XP, so now I can start production on my game =D Anyways, Pokemon: Chronos is a game I've had for a while now and now that I have poccil's starter kit and RPG Maker, and I can finally work on it! My friend and I are co-working on it at the moment. Chronos takes place in the Destiny Archipelago, a large series of islands found in the south tropics. The Destiny Archipelago is made up of about 50 small islands as well as volcanos, mountains, and forests. An entirely new region lies before you full of adventure, mystery, and excitement.

Type: Game, not Hack
    Program: RPG Maker XP, Poccil's Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit​

Story (Seperate from Plot, this is basically what happens at the begining of the game):
    In the Destiny Archipelago, you begin your adventures as a Pokemon Trainer. One afternoon, in the woodlands outside of your hometown of Wavecrest, you, your uncle, and your cousin, Namine, are performing field research to help your uncle, Professor Briars, collect data on the Pokemon living in the area. Suddenly, there's a bright flash and a passed out Pichu with a notched ear appears before your very eyes. Startled and not knowing what to do, you call out to your uncle and cousin who take the Pichu back to the lab for analysis. Later that night, Prof. Briars finally comes to a shocking conclusion. He explains that the Pichu you found earlier that day is from the distant past. Further more, it arrived in this time period via Time Travel, an ability shared only by Celebi and Dialga. Namine asks what this Pichu is doing here and Briars states that he hasn't figured that out yet, but that this Pichu is definitely unique. Your mom walks into the lab and asks what happened. After being filled in, she says it's rather odd that this Pichu should appear before you. Prof. Briars ponders this for a moment before deciding that you should care for the Pichu since you were the one to discover it. Your mom is astonished and worries that you're too young to handle such a big responsibility. However, Briars convinces her to let you take care of the Pichu, which he refers to as the Notch-Eared Pichu, and that you're old enough to begin exploring the world on your own. Namine becomes slightly jealous, asking where her Pokemon is. Briars chuckles and gives Namine an Eevee, telling her that the Eevee she just received is a descendant of Red's Espeon. Namine becomes overly excited and challenges you to a Pokemon Battle. After it ends, Briars gives you 5 Poke Balls, and 3 Potions, as well as a pair of Running Shoes to be on your way. He asks you to do him a favor and visit his old mentor, Prof. Oak, who is visiting in Emerald Bay, just east of Wavecrest. Along the way, two strangely dressed goons, who demand you hand over the Notch-Eared Pichu, ambush you. Out matched, you don't know what to do, until an enigmatic Trainer appears to help you out. After defeating the goons and sending them packing, the mystery Trainer introduces himself as Silvio, and comments that you battle admirably for a greenhorn before departing. Once you visit Prof. Oak and show him your Pichu, he gives you a PokeDex, asking you to catch as many Pokemon from the Destiny Archipelago as you can to see if you can find any more Pokemon like your Notch-Eared Pichu. You return to Briars and he tells you he's uncovered some more information concerning the Notch-Eared Pichu. He explains that a strange group of villains called Eclipse have been after the Time Traveling Pokemon, Celebi, for the last year. Prof. Briars says that if these people are interested in Celebi, then they'll be after you for the Notch-Eared Pichu due to its connection to Celebi. You tell him about your encounter with the two goons from earlier and how Silvio helped you and Briars decides you need to keep in touch so he gives you a PokeGear. He suggests you train and become a strong Trainer to defend yourself against the Eclipse.

Plot:
    While doing field research with your uncle and cousin, you discover an odd Pichu which is later identified as the Noth-Eared Pichu. Your uncle, Prof. Briars, gives you the Pichu, saying that you would be more capable of taking care of it than he would. An evil organization known as Eclipse hunts you down throughout the game, trying to steal the Noth-Eared Pichu. It is later uncovered that they want the Pichu so they can capture Celebi due to its connections to the Time-Traveling Pokemon. They seek to capture and use Celebi to travel back in time and capture the three Legendary Pokemon Pokemon: Kyogre, Groundon, and Rayquaza, who battles against each other centuries ago and created the Destiny Archipelago in the process. Eclipse wants to use these deities to take over the world. You must protect the Notch-Eared Pichu and stop Eclipse's plans before they can carry out their evil plans. To become stronger, you must capture and train your Pokemon and take on the Archipelago's 10 Gym Leaders.

Characters:
    -Hero(You): The main character of the game, duh =P You've grown up on Wavecrest Island with your mom, your cousin Namine, and uncle Briars since your father's death six years ago during a fishing expedition. After discovering the Notch-Eared Pichu and having a run in with two mysterious thugs, as well as a Trainer named Silvio, you embark on an epic journey that'll take you deeper into the past of the Destiny Archipelago then you'd ever thought possible. You believe deeply in legends and tales of the past and want to uncover everything you can about the Destiny Archipelago...but will you believe what you find?
    What the-?! A Pichu?...Hey, it's got a notched ear, hehe, cute~You

-Notch-Eared Pichu: A unique Pichu shrouded in mystery. Not much is known about it at first, but as you progress, more comes to surface about it. The Notch-Eared Pichu cannot be removed from your party until you reach a certain point in the game. Also, its stats, moveset, and ability are different from the Notched Ear Pichu from HG/SS.
    ...You gonna stare at me all day, or are we gonna get on with the show?~Notch-Eared Pichu, using the Pichu Translator

-Namine: Your cousin who's lived on Wavecrest Island with her dad, Prof. Briars, since she was a little girl. Namine is a sweet girl and puts her friends and Pokemon before herself. A year younger than you, Namine knows a lot about Pokemon from her father and wants to become a professor one day. She'll provide you with helpful information and items throughout your journey. Her most precious Pokemon is the Eevee her father gave her at the same time you recieved the Notch-Eared Pichu.
    I may be a girl, but I know atleast twnety times more about Pokemon than you!~Namine

-Professor Briars: Your uncle, Namine's father, and your mother's brother. Prof. Briars is the world-renowned proffesor on the study of the archipelago's unique species of Pokemon. When you take the Noth-Eared Pichu to Briars, he immediately plunges into nonstop research about its origins. As you progress throughout the game, Briars cals you via your PokeGear to give you knew insight on the Noth-Eared Pichu, and at a certain point, asks you to return to the lab to give you a special key item called the Pichu Translator so you can talk to the Notch-Eared Pichu and discover what happened to it first hand. Briars is a prime target of the Eclipse due to his extensive knowledge of the Destiny Archipelago. Although he isn't much of a battler, Prof. Briars can handle himself with his Cirribus.
    The Destiny Archipelago is the most mysterious part of our world. As a professor, it's my duty to uncover its mysteries and enlighten the world!~Professor Briars

-Eclipse: Not much is known about this mysterious group of thieves, vandals, and evil-doers except that they operate in secret and that their motives remain unknown to the public. Cases of theft of technology have been reported, as well as stealing of mass amounts of money from the Destiny Archipelago banks. What do these people want? And more importantly, why are they after your Pichu?
    We want to reshape the world, and let its people become aware that their lives are about to be eclipses by a new era...Hahahahaha!!!~Eclipse Admin

-Silvio: An enigmatic trainer who appears when two mysterious figures attempt to snatch your Pichu. Silvio doesn't say much, but he doesn't need to when his battle skills are terrifyingly excellent. He considers himself your rival after denying his request to have you hand over your Pichu. Silvio's prized Pokemon is his Ninjun.
    You're not fit to train a Pokemon from another time...so be it...I suppose I'll just have to show you what a real Trainer is capable of!~Silvio

Region:
    Composed of over 50 islands, the Destiny Archipelago is a unique region because most of the islands are only large enough to accomedate one town or city. Because of this, the main form of transportation in the Archipelago is by boat, or Surfing. The Destiny Archipelago is not shy of Trainers either, in fact, it boasts ten, yes TEN Gyms! With forests, caverns, volcanos, snowy plains and much more, the Destiny Archipelago is a magical place to explore.

*:I am currently working on the regional map for the Destiny Archipelago. It should be up by next week, hopefully.

Features:
    The features listed below are not concrete. They are simply what I WANT to include in my game.

-An entirely new region to explore
    -Appearances by characters like Red, Oak, Green, Gold, Elm, and many others from past games.
    -Pokemon Follow Me feature: Atleast for the Notch-Eared Pichu.
    -New Types: Wind, Light and Cosmic
    -New moves and abilities.
    -Type changes and moveset changes for some of the official Pokemon (Gyrados won't be a Water/Flying anymore =D)
    -Missions, tons, and tons of missions!
    -Custom tiles (I can't sprite, but I'd love to have a custom tileset for this project!)
    -HM/TM list revision
    -New means of transportation: Every island will have a dock and boat that can take you to any island that is near it. Some islands will have planes and landing areas to take you to other islands with landing areas.
    -Battle against a tag-team of Steven and Cynthia as well as a lone battle with Red.
    -Take on the Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto Gym Leaders.
    -Fight Lance, Will, Flint, Aaron, Karen, and Bruno as well.
    -Several sub-plots revolving around various past and new Legendary Pokemon.
    -Catch roaming legendaries like the Beasts, Mesprit, and Cresselia.
    -Create a special Pokemon.
    -Return of Team Rocket?!
    -Time Traveling. Throughout the game, the Notch-Eared Pichu will send you to the past where it came from via unknown power. These trips to the past will give you some insight into the story, the Notch-Eared Pichu's origins, and the past of the Destiny Archipelago. You'll be able to battle Trainers, and even catch Pokemon here that cannot be found anywhere else in the game.

Credits:
    -Poccil for his amazing starter kit!

Well, this is what I have so far =) Tell me what you guys think. But, please, no bashing or negative comments.
    *: I aplogize to the creator of the Fakemon I has posted here earlier. I was unaware that they were your sprites and I sincerely aplogize.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Personally, keep up the great work on the storyline! It is really interesting!

The Fakemon sprites look incredible!

One question, will this take place in Johto?

EDIT: Sorry didn't read it clearly!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • No, it takes place in the Destiny Archipelago. The archipelago itself is located south of Johto. Thanks for the comments =) I worked really hard on the story.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    wow this looks awesome I'm a really looking foward to your work. btw can I be a mapper?

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    new feature = awesomeness
    hey you should get a scripter to help you with the whole following pokemon thing. I'm still looking for one on my game...

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Thanks =) I plan on making the time-traveling a key feature. I may, or may not, make it possible to travle to the Destiny Archipelago of the past after beating the storyline so players can explore the islands and battle new Trainers and such...

I would LOVE to get a scriptor, yet I don't know one...

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    i know a beginner one but he may or may not help you. its carmaniac hes on my friends list.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Thanks, Scizor X =) I'll try him after I browse around and see what I find on my own. Also, you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a HG/SS RPGMaker XP formatted tileset, would ya? I want custom tiles for the game, but until then, or if it never happens, I'd like to use the tiles from HG and SS.

New Features added to the first post. Check em out! First family of Fakemon to be revealed next weekend!

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • You have to take responsibilities for the sprites, because you are the one making your game and putting them in. Also it should be mentioned here, so that all people know that it's not your work. Also all the fakemon you mentioned (5 new Regis and new Rotom) sounds to me like you are stealing Water Trainer's fakemon. He specifically said that he doesn't want his work to be used in another game so you should remove those.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    yea I'm making my own Regis so should you. The Electric is Regishock

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Oh boy...I apologize. Sincerely, I had no idea those sprites were stolen. I'll remove them right away. The 'Fakemon' feature is going to be removed completely because I fear that all the sprites I was supplied are also stolen. Again, I aplogize to the makers of these sprites.

Back