• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worries, fears and phobias.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I have mild spheksophobia, I guess.
I also have an irrational fear of walking around in the dark. I know nothing's there, but I expect something like this or a modern skinwalker or something to show up when I wake up or walk around in my house at night.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
- Fireworks, or other loud booming sounds. I'm extremely sound sensitive, but fireworks are worse because I was burned by them once.

- Pregnancy/childbirth. I've had recurring nightmares about both situations since I was about 16 and it's slowly made me not want to have children. It's something that really bothers me because deep down, I still would like to have them, but I don't think I can get over this fear because it gets worse every year.

- Cockroaches...I shouldn't have to explain.

- Thievery. I'm very materialistic. When I didn't have people or friends, I had things. I don't hoard though, lol. I value my things enough to organize them well and keep them in great shape, and many of my things have sentimental value and great memories held within. I'm terrified of being robbed of quite a few things. I would be completely distraught.

- Change. Probably not a fear per se, but it just makes me uncomfortable. I need preparation before major changes are made, because when new things are sprung on me out of no where without warning, or consultation if it involves me directly, I flip out. I totally don't mean to though, so if you've ever been caught in the midst of it, I'm really sorry. I'm aware I don't like change, but when it happens and I had no idea it was coming, my natural reaction is...well, whatever you get! I had a situation here regarding my forums and it happened without anyone telling me, and I went absolutely nuts. I'm really thankful to higher staff, especially Audy, for communicating with me more and being understanding since then, like with my Spin Off forum being made into a subforum. I really appreciate it...I hope someone sees this haha.

- Large crowds/public speaking. Social anxiety, enough said. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
If there's anything that would scare me, it would be losing my mind & thus losing control over my own actions.

Really though, I would not like the prospect of having some kind of really bad mental disease that puts me as clinically insane, & thus have no control over myself. If that were to happen, death would only be mercy.

Years
I have a serious case of mephobia, as defined by UD as the "Fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies."

Please refrain from any derogatory responses; this is a serious ailment I suffer with each and every day of my life.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm afraid of anything that's poisonous, the idea that something inhumane will pop out when I enter an empty room, roads with numerous twists and turns that made me fear driving to faraway cities, eerie portraits that could go into a monstrous metamorphasus, and someone interrupting a live show in a theme park, which I fear could be me if not for the countless visions of me doing horrid things coming out of my head.

Years
Things i worry about: school stuff basically. Fortunately i don't have anything else to worry right now.

Things i'm scared: bugs, insects or reptils that appear unexpectadely. Actually i fear all kinds of unexpected things.

Phobias i have none.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Some fears of mine include:

Heights
Sight of blood (Makes me sick)
Public Speaking (I eventually ease into it, but I get worked up before hand)
My Future (Afraid I won't find a job upon graduating and I will be screwed)
Spiders (Those things are creepy as hell)

Years
Ah! Was just reminded of another one. I'm absolutely terrified about losing my other ovary when I'm already missing one. Considering I want a child of my own with my biological genes and what-not, it's a prospective fear of mine because I constantly have abdominal pains from time-to-time. Been sent to the hospital a few times because of them...

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I have a fear of drowning. Apparently that's aquaphobia, but I'm not really afraid of just water. Also, consequently, things on the ocean floor or just floating around in the deep freak me out. I've had nightmares of traffic lights glowing underwater that just haunt me. Love all the little critters swimming around though, so I guess inanimate objects, oh especially stuff that gets rusty.

Back