• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon types for Satoshi

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    Hey guys

I love Pokemon. I have been watching this anime since I was 5 years old or so.. so it is 14 years back ..

I always loved Ghost and Fighting types. I was so sad when Ash didn't get haunter and when he let primape go.. but w.e

So.. I would like to ask you guys.. do you think that Ash will ever get to own GHOST type ? It would be so amazing to see him having gengar or some other ghost pokemon

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Actually, Haunter technically counts as Ash "owning" a Ghost type. Even though it wasn't official he did own it for a little while, but if you're referring to the future here then I can't see him getting one. I just don't think Ash is the type to get a Ghost Pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Yuki's right, Haunter is counted and captured Pokemon... similar to egg Larvitar...
    In future... only if any ghost Pokemon will become mascot of some generation...
    Ghost types are almost never mainstream so adding them to Satoshi's party isn't in writers' mind probably...

Years
  • I know Ash may have trained a Ghost-type (Haunter) but as for actually catching a Ghost-type? I don't think Ghost-types suit Ash, but then again he also hasn't caught any Steel or Psychic-type Pokemon yet either.

Maybe the writers think certain types suit Ash more than others, which is probably why he hasn't caught any of those three types above.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    Hey guys

I love Pokemon. I have been watching this anime since I was 5 years old or so.. so it is 14 years back ..

I always loved Ghost and Fighting types. I was so sad when Ash didn't get haunter and when he let primape go.. but w.e

So.. I would like to ask you guys.. do you think that Ash will ever get to own GHOST type ? It would be so amazing to see him having gengar or some other ghost pokemon
    If it gives you any solace Ash has two fighting types in his Unova rotation.

To answer the question yes I feel he will at some point. It will just be a matter of time as with many things. So at some point I feel we will definitely see him with every type.

Actually, Haunter technically counts as Ash "owning" a Ghost type. Even though it wasn't official he did own it for a little while, but if you're referring to the future here then I can't see him getting one. I just don't think Ash is the type to get a Ghost Pokemon.
    I dunno if I would officially(as you said) consider him "owning" Haunter. Seems more like Haunter just agreed to travel with him to face Sabrina.

Yuki's right, Haunter is counted and captured Pokemon... similar to egg Larvitar...
    In future... only if any ghost Pokemon will become mascot of some generation...
    Ghost types are almost never mainstream so adding them to Satoshi's party isn't in writers' mind probably...
    But they were never captured or at least on screen. So does that really define ownership, because it seems more so that he befriended them. He never actually used Haunter in battle as it just made Sabrina laugh thus earning him a Marsh badge. So Ash is going to capture Giratina lol.

I don't see how Ghosts are any less mainstream than any other type. Maybe you are thinking this because they have the fewest amount of pokemon based on typing. I'd say Gengar is pretty main stream considering he was in the opening of RBGY facing Nidorino. Then there has been reoccurring characters and rivals having ghost types, heck Trip even had two ghost types.

Too me I don't think all of his pokemon have been mainstream its just a matter of opinion really. I mean how mainstream is Torkoal? Or any other pokemon.

I know Ash may have trained a Ghost-type (Haunter) but as for actually catching a Ghost-type? I don't think Ghost-types suit Ash, but then again he also hasn't caught any Steel or Psychic-type Pokemon yet either.

Maybe the writers think certain types suit Ash more than others, which is probably why he hasn't caught any of those three types above.
    The thing is we can all say they don't suit him but until we have the opportunity to see it first hand how do we know? People may have not thought Dark types suited Ash, but has now has two in this current generation alone. He also didn't have a Rock till this generation either. This farther seems to reiterate my point as that this is all a matter of time.

Back