• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't break me, won't shake me.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
  • This is my first go around at a Pokemon Roleplay, but I have enjoyed writing for quite a while... I hope that this is a thread that you enjoy, or want to be a part of... Here goes! ^^

First off, this roleplay is rated M.

Region: Sinnoh

Plot:

Bradyn Kipsingh first took on the art of Pokemon training at the young age of 12. He enjoyed some success, was an elite trainer for his age, and won quite a few Gym Badges. He made a good name for himself, although young, and although he had enemies he had far more allies. Hey... That's every young kids dream, right? Training Pokemon, winning, having plenty of friends and people to talk to, while not held to the rules of curfew, or "bedtime" by parents. It's basically a dream!

Wrong.

He started to miss his home. He started to miss his friends. He started to miss... The simple life! Oh yeah, and his mom too. Keeping his Pokemon that are closest to him, Bradyn took a step back away from the battles, the travel, and returned home to live with his parents at the new age of 14. Some of his closer friends criticized him, called him a quitter, as at the moment that he decided to step away he was on a bit of a losing streak. Nothing was going right, his Pokemon were beginning to become stand-offish towards him... All these things made sense to him of course, but apparently not to his friends. Friends, were now enemies, and the only people that he had a care for in the world were his parents and the Pokemon that he still had by his side.

Of course, life away from the battles was nice. It was really nice, in fact. However... Soon, his closest Pokemon, an experienced and brilliant Vaporeon, began to miss the battle life. Bradyn now 19, the life of going to the market, or going to the beach... While nice, it wasn't cutting it for Vaporeon. Especially with the annual Beach Battles coming up... An event that he and Bradyn had won all three times that the pair competed. Relaxing was nice, but battling, and proving your worth among the working force... THAT was what Vaporeon wanted.

And although Bradyn would never say it... He wanted it, too.

Enter the comeback.

Oh, and the real plot, too...

As Bradyn is now 19, and has been out of the battles for five years, most would say that he is behind in what trainers, and how battles go nowadays. Not the case. While it has been a while since he and his team of Eevee evolution's have been part of a battle, he has been training and working hard with them for the day. The day? The day of the comeback... In the back of his head, he always knew that he was going to make the return. It was just going to come with age. And now that he had age on his side... It was time for some experience.

Starting his travels back across Sinnoh, Bradyn stumbles across a tough new competition called Stars of Sinnoh: Battle till you Sink. SoS is now being held in Sunyshore City, due to the beautiful and beachy feel of the city. Also, the matches are to be held in a new, state-of-the-art, all-water facility. Of course, not all the trainers' Pokemon have to be of the water-type, and their will be arena's available to rise from the water for those Pokemon not of the water-type. Those of the water-type however, will indeed have a distinct advantage, as their are no rules stating that water pokemon, even if at the advantage, have to stay above water.

The entrant field for SoS is a measly eight, but the selected eight are some of the best. Bradyn fought hard for his spot, defeating a flurry of Sunyshore's most talented trainers to earn his spot in the tournament. It certainly was not easy, and it was certainly not without loss... A few of his Pokemon took on serious injuries, and are now out for the beginning/conclusion of SoS (Vaporeon is not among those, just an fyi). Working with a half-new, half-old team is sure to be a challenge, but Bradyn is determined and sure that he can make it through his challenges to become the Inaugural champion.

This is where YOU all come in.

Whether your path was easy, or it was difficult like that of Bradyn, your mission is the same as his: To become the champion on this new event. Whether you are making a comeback, or you've been around for a while... Obviously, who you are and what you do is up to you. Whether you're friendly, or you're mean... Again, up to you. The prize of winning the the title, although a new tournament, is huge. The winner of this tournament will receive the highest pay to date (something you can decide), as well as worldwide recognition of your accomplishments. Due to the state-of-the-art facilities design, and the fame of the (later to be identified) tournament host, each and every battle will be televised. Again, this will be worldwide. It will make more sense once the hosts' name is released, but I'm going to hold out on that for a while.

The tournament isn't without it's own demons, however...

Just like with any other tournament, or event of fame, the tournament has gained a lot of bad reputations. The big payout, while nice, has people wondering just who the host is... Is the host just a successful business man? An ex-trainer? Or is it an evil plot, by an evil organization in search of the next great team of Pokemon? So much speculation, so much anger... Trainers that are competing in SoS are going to have to be very careful with those that they trust. After all, the last person you trust... Might just be the last person you ever see.

Is the title worth it? Is the fame worth it? You decide.

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name:

Nickname:

Appearance:

Personality: (Must be at least three-four sentences long-- Five or six is ideal).

History: (Same requirements as Personality).

Pokemon:

Here's my example:

Name: Bradyn Kipsingh

Nickname: Braky

Personality: See plot for example of Bradyn's personality (Must be at least three-four sentences long-- Five or six is ideal).

History: See plot for example of Bradyn's history (Same requirements as Personality).

Pokemon: Vaporeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Gallade, Kingdra and Umbreon (This team is subject to change; yours can be as well).

Rules:

1. No God Modding. You control your character, let others control theirs. It will NOT be tolerated.

2. There will be a posting order. Once every spot is filled, I will design a posting order.

3. DO NOT break the posting order. Exceptions will be made if a person is gone for a while, or drops out, but please do not break the posting order.

4. If you are going to be gone for a while, let me know through PM. Not VM, PM. Anyone who does not will be dropped after two weeks of inactivity.

5. Be courteous. We're all equal here, and there is no room for a lack of manners.

6. Everyone will be expected to post at least five paragraphs per post. Also, each paragraph needs to have at least five complete sentences. No cheap stuff.

7. If you have a case of writer's block (it does happen, so I understand), let me know. We can re-order the posting order for that round, so as to give you the maximum time you feel you need to get a post together. You must let me know, however.

8. Have fun! It's not meant to be a stressful roleplay, but a care-free one.

Stars of Sinnoh: Battle till you Sink competitors:

1. Bradyn Kipsingh (ohHeyVaporeon.)
    2. Nickolas Hertz (Snow Phoenix).
    3. Cornelius "Nel" Young (Nakuzami).
    4. Seth Windsong (Scarf Blade)
    5. Nubia Sterling/Jin Yin (Roswell)
    6. Miharu Mizushima (MichaelaTheUchiha)
    7. Brandon Callahan (Yagerbomb)
    8. Leonard Argyle Radcliff (Raikiri)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Aw, when I saw that Ichiro was the last one to post, I thought that he'd be joining ;_;
    Oh well, this RP seems interesting nonetheless.
    For the posting order... does it matter that I usually can't post on the weekends? It might be possible for me to post, but I probably won't be able to on the weekends.

Well, if that's okay, then reserve me please :3

EDIT: There's no Appearence section in the SU Sheet...

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • No, that doesn't matter at all. If you can't post on the weekends, that is just fine. After all, a weekend is only two days... If people/we have to wait, then that is just fine. Some people (assuming this roleplay goes far) may need the occasional two days off to recover and think out their posts.

Reserving you a spot now! What is your characters name? PM it to me, or VM it to me and I will reserve a spot for you.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • (I hope playing as an Opposite gender isn't Frown upon I can't think of any good Male Plots I can do without copying)

Hope I can reserve.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • No, that doesn't matter at all. If you can't post on the weekends, that is just fine. After all, a weekend is only two days... If people/we have to wait, then that is just fine. Some people (assuming this roleplay goes far) may need the occasional two days off to recover and think out their posts.

Reserving you a spot now! What is your characters name? PM it to me, or VM it to me and I will reserve a spot for you.

Okay, good!

Um, not sure on my character's name yet, as I'm probably going to be creating a new one.
    Also, is there a limit on how many moves our Pokemon can have, or if they can only have one ability?
    I find that sometimes a problem can arise if there is no limit on these.

I'll come up with my character's name now(I kinda need to if I'm to continue my SU ;P)

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • Oh! Yes! I forgot to put a limit on the move-set. There is a limit of six. I like to think that is lenient. ^^

Also, don't worry about getting the name to me till submit your SU. I went ahead and reserved your spots, as well as Aquataris and Snow Phoenix. So just worry about the name when you begin work on your SU.

Also, I added an Appearance option to the SU. I was in a hurry when I submitted it, so I did miss a few things. If you notice anything else, do let me know.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Done!!!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Well I started :3 Got the basic skeleton and worked on the personality. I may or may not add more to that later xD I also put a Poke there :3

Name: Nickolas Hertz

Nickname: Nick or sometimes Nickie when around close friends who like to tease him.

Personality: Nick is definitely one of the experienced competitors in the SoS tournament, however, many doubt his abilities upon first meeting him. Nick is charismatic, ditsy, and rash. He's often the one who'll be found ruining a birthday surprise or blaming the salesclerk for losing his merchandise when its clearly in his own hands. Nick is openly aware of his faults and does his best to try fix things, but he always seems to mess things up. That's why he always keeps his wallet handy to repair any mishaps, although, he tends to get scolded by his tournament sponsers for wasting their money.

Nick's own strength comes from his ability to work quickly on the offensive. He can coordinate multiple attacks simulataneously, however, he'll often pause on occasion and trip himself up. On the otherhand, he has developed a glaringly obvious blindness to his opponents strategy. Sure he's not dense enough to fall for the same trick twice, but he is dense enough to miss even the most basic traps.

Overall Nick just lives by the motto of relax and be yourself. He's concerned about his many faults, but he doesn't mind them. They're kind of cute in their own way and he shouldn't worrying about what other people think. This is the one attribute that most people find admirable about him if they are not scolding him for his reckless behavior.

History: Nick grew up in the isolated Sootopolis City where he experienced early encounters with Pokemon. Wallace, the city's gym leader, frequently displayed his Pokemon's abilities in the town square and Nick was always sure to be watching in the crowds. Sometime after his 8th birthday, he was chosen as Wallace's assistant in his act and Nick absolutely fell in love with Pokemon. When he arrived home that day, Nick boldly declared that he was going to travel out on his own Pokemon Adventure. His parents laughed at the time, but decided to save up a modest sum incase he did wish to leave home and travel around. So when Nick turned 14, he left Sootopolis City with a Chinchou set aside by Wallace, who was eager to set a plucky youngster out on his Pokemon Journey.

The first year out on his own, Nick spent entering various Pokemon contests in Lilycove City as idol, Wallace, had done. He had two Pokemon by then, his starting Chinchou and a Snorunt from a cave north of Mossdeep City. Neither of the two were particularly successful because Nick lacked the skill to make proper Pokeblocks and quite frankly did not know anything about art. His Pokemon did, however, prove to be effective battlers and by the guidance of a passing friend from his home town, he changed his goal to badge collecting. Nick's first gym match in Mossdeep City ended in tragic failure, but he had potential. After training around the surrounding islands until his Chinchou evolved into Lanturn, he successful defeated the gym leaders, Tate and Liza, in a double battle. It was then that Nick officially discovered his talent, Double Battles. Instead of continuing his badge collecting Journey, he dedicated himself to continue honing his newfound specialty.

After a few additional years of training, Nick returned home in time to enter a tournament being held in his home town. It was a Doubles Tournament called the Juan Cup as a parody of the Wallace Cup held in Sinnoh. He entered with his team and nearly won first place. The opponent that he had lost to was the former Gym Leader of Sootopolis City and his idol, Wallace, who was impressed by Nick's skills. By request of Wallace, Nick headed off to Sunnyshore, Sinnoh to enter the SoS Tournament with Sootopolis City sponsering him as a Doubles Expert.

Appearance:

Pokemon 1: Lanturn
    Nickname: Bisquick
    Moves: Discharge, Signal Beam, Bubblebeam, Aquaring, Dive, Bounce

Pokemon 2: Ampharos
    Nickname: Blight
    Moves: Thunder Punch, Cotton Spore, Cotton Guard, Light Screen, Power Gem, Iron Tail

Pokemon 3: Froslass
    Nickname: Sher
    Moves: Hail, Double Team, Ominous Wind, Confuse Ray, Blizzard, Destiny Bond

Pokemon 4: Honchkrow
    Nickname: Crush
    Moves: Roost, Night Slash, Quash, Aerial Ace, Swagger, Foul Play

Pokemon 5: Lapras
    Nickname: Crasher
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Perish Song, Mist, Safeguard, Thunderbolt

Pokemon 6: Snorlax
    Nickname: Munch
    Moves: Crunch, Heavy Slam, Stockpile, Swallow, Zen Heabutt, Rollout

Last edited:

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • Name: Chris
    Nickname: None
    Appearance:
    oldchris.png

Personality: He is joyful at most times until something makes him angry. If he loses he thanks the trainer for the battle and walks off. He has never been mean to anybody yet but has gotten angry at some people. He uses only fighting types because he was saved by a group them. He has 6 gym badges already and first went to sunnyshore to get his seventh but then he saw the SoS and joined that instead.
    History: A group of fighting types saved him and his family from a plane crash making him like all of that type. He went around capturing every fighting type he could find and training it up to help him in battles. Then one day his parents disapeared. After that Chris has spent all his life with his fighting pokemon searching for them. His first pokemon was a Riolu that he met and befriended near his hometown of oreburgh city.
    Pokemon: Lucario, Gallade, Toxicroak, Herracross, Breloom, Machamp.

Last edited:

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    It's very simple, yet so intriguing. Count me in! I think I'll do a character I don't personally like for a change...

Name: Adam Leroux

Nickname: Felon

Appearance:
    One word to describe Adam would be breathtaking. The very first things you notice about Spencer are his raven-black hair and piercing grey, almost white eyes. His thin and chiseled face is very handsome in a serious way, despite the seeming inability to smile as his mouth is always a taut, thin line. His eyebrows are thin and the same colour as his hair, and his nose fits in perfectly on his face. His skin is ghostly pale and unmarked by any kind of blemish, cut or freckle.

He is tall and lean, and very intimidating. He stands a good two inches over most people his age, and he has no problem looking down on them from above. His lean, slightly muscular frame is very supple and agile, and his arms and legs show clear signs of exercise and are muscular, with relatively little hair on them.

What he wears differs to a degree- it is always either grey or black, and always formal. He always wears sunglasses, even when indoors.

Personality:
    Once you've said remarkably intelligent, that's essentially it for 's positive qualities. He is arrogant, he is unkind and abrasive, and he is very, very sadistic. He can't stand losing and doesn't do it often, loves the look of defeat on his opponent's face and never really has a nice word to say about anyone- not that anyone has a nice word to say about him. He never stops to think about the social consequences of his actions, but don't mistake him for someone who reckons they are popular- he knows he is hated, and doesn't care.

However, he does have a somewhat softer side for his Pokemon. He is impeccably skilled in battling, and his superiority complex is at least somewhat deserved since he only lost a single battle eight years ago. He never over-works his Pokemon to the point of hurting them, and takes genuinely excellent care of them- nearly spoiling them, although he lets them know that they are his partners, not his children. He never criticises them unnecessarily and would never dream of hurting them.

The source of all of this anger, and angst, and hatred and insecurity is his sexuality- from fourteen he started being attracted to other guys and so he pushed them all away as much as he could, and this eventually extended tot he rest of humanity- except for those he could battle, of course.

History:
    Born in Opelucid city and exposed to the harshest of environs from birth, Adam was raised to the highest standards of his parents' strict ideals. No room for failure, no room for disappointment and definitely no second chances. Strictly disciplined and slowly twisted into the cold and calculating sadist he is today by a cruel father and vindictive mother, he has never known kindness and so has never accepted- or shown- it himself.

His first experience with Pokemon was also one of cruelty- when he had got an A in GCSE Mathematics instead of an A*, his parents decided that he was not performing well enough and after too many times of beratement used their powerful and unfaultingly loyal Pokemon to punish him. He has never spoken of how, exactly, but it is known it was traumatic. Fortunately, one of their Pokemon- a relatively kind-hearted Milotic who had recently lost it's baby Feebas during a battling incident- helped him finally escape from his parents. Since then he has been training with her and the rest of the Pokemon he has caught over the years.

He first rose to the fore during a mini-tournament held in Castelia city, and won with relative ease. He was given an unnecessarily large ego-boost as the critics praised him as "The next greatest Pokemon Master" due to his nearly flawless victory. Since then, he has been tearing through region after reigon, devastating trainers, breaking hearts and spreading a small wave of misery throughout the Pokemon world.

Pokemon:
    Milotic :Atlanta: Female
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moves; Surf, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Scald, Mirror Coat, Attract

Titan :Salamence: Male
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves; Fly, Shadow Claw, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Zen Headbutt, Crunch

Noble :Arcanine: Male
    Ability: Justified
    Moves; Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Sunny Day, Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Crunch

Introvert :Cloyster: Male
    Ability: Skill Link
    Moves: Spike Cannon, Icicle Spear, Twineedle, Protect, Icicle Crash, Blizzard

Grace :Gardevoir: Female
    Ability: Trace
    Moves: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Psyshock, Reflect

Pinnacle :Steelix: Male
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Take Down, Iron Tail, Sandstorm, Stone Edge

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    So now all the SU's on here currently have the ages counting up from16 to 21. Lovely XD

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • Scarf Blade, Kagan2, and =(^ ^)= your spots are reserved. As for the rest, I am now reviewing your SU's. I'll edit in my acceptances/denials once I am done with each one.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Finally finished. I was gone all day so... yeah. It's not the greatest, but I think it's adequate :3

Name: Cornelius "Nel" Young

Personality:
    Nel is a very, very intelligent person. He likes to show off all of his smarticles as much as he can. Although, sometimes he tries to just avoid people when there is the danger of mockery. His Pokemon try to help him be more assertive, and so far it's worked fairly well. He is a very friendly person, and he'll try to help as much as possible.

Although Nel doesn't have the greatest sense of humor, he can be a very fun person to be around. At least, he can be when he's not spouting out all the intellectual stuff. Nel also only trusts his Pokemon completely, he is a bit wary of other people. Due to this, his Pokemon, especially Zel, are also a bit wary of other people and will keep people away from Nel if Nel doesn't want them around.

Appearance:
    Nel is caucasian[white] and stands at about 6'. He's pretty weak looking and only weighs about one hundred and ten pounds, give or take. He has short, black hair and bright green eyes. He has a tendency to chew his nails so they're usually very short. Nel is also rather flexible compared to other people of the male gender that he knows.

Nel sometimes wears a black baseball cap with the Greek letter Delta on it. When he's not wearing it he carries it in his backpack. He wears a dark green t-shirt and sometimes a black and gray striped hoodie. He has dark blue or sometimes black jeans and black converse with green laces. He wears black fingerless gloves and has a rubix-cube esque chain that hangs from his belt, much like N's. His socks also reach about halfway up to his knees and are black and green striped, but only the ankle area is usually visible due to his jeans.

History:
    Cornelius Young was born in Nuvema Town, Unova. He grew up there and rarely left the little town. He was a very intelligent boy, as shown by his grades in school, never less than a perfect one hundred percent. Well, except in gym class. He was always rather weak and a bit nerdy, so, naturally, he was the center of much mockery by the kids in his school. He tried to ignore this, but he never really could. After all, it was hard to ignore one of the most prominent things in your daily life.

Cornelius grew with the amazing total of zero friends. His parents knew about this, but sadly there was no way they could force anybody to be his friend, so they brought him to a very talented Pokemon Breeder to pick out a Pokemon. He ended up choosing a newborn Deino, one who had many special talents due to generations of breeding for these talents. He named the Deino Zel.

He raised the Deino, whom became his one and only friend. Some kids became jealous because he had a Deino, which caused some to suck up to him, and others to bully him even more. When he turned thirteen, Cornelius decided that it was time for him to start his Pokemon journey. That way people would respect him, and he could get even more Pokemon.

It also helped the Nel had been extensively studying Pokemon, and knew almost everything about every known Pokemon. He even had a fairly extensive knowledge on legendary Pokemon.

Nel and Zel started their journey and quickly gathered multiple gym badges. When they reached Nimbasa City, they encountered a Solosis. Nel and Zel battled and captured the Solosis, naming him Gummi Bear. Although Nel had two strong Pokemon, he found that he could not defeat the Driftveil gym leader, Clay. Nel decided to go to other regions and build up his Pokemon team.

The first region that they went to was Kanto, where Nel almost immediately encountered a Bellsprout. He quickly captured it and went to Lavender Town. There, he caught a Ghastly. Once Nel had eight Kanto gym badges, he moved on to Sinnoh.

In Sinnoh, Nel encountered a Mantyke and a Spoink engaged in battle. He quickly intervened and captured the two Pokemon. At that time, he decided that his Pokemon team was complete, so he went on to collect all eight Sinnoh gym badges.

By the time Nel reached Sunnyshore City, it was about time for the Stars of Sinnoh: Battle till you sink competition. He decided to enter, and with some hard training and luck, he got a spot in the competition.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • Snow Phoenix- Accepted. Welcome to the roleplay!

Aquataris- Your post was a bit choppy in places, and at times hard to follow. There also seemed to be some run-on sentences. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to deny you.

Roswell: Accepted. Very nice SU! Welcome to the roleplay.

Scarf Blade: Accepted! Also, another very nice SU. Welcome!

luigimario84: Your SU was a little... Short. I'm sorry, but denied.

Adam- Accepted! Welcome to the roleplay.

Nakuzami- I am reviewing your SU's as we speak!

Last edited:
    Back