• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Voltage Version

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    banner_by_glitchdoodles-d7umgjf.png

Info:
    Hello there, my name is .//HackZoroark//. and this is my hack, Voltage Version.
    It's a kind of different hack, in the sense of, it's on Fire Red, but it uses Gold and Silver Graphics, simply because I find those graphics the utter most appealing. The hack itself is something I've been working on for only a week and a bit now, since I'm new to hacking, and this community.
    But, hey! Without further ado;

Story:
    You find yourself taking the role of a young child whom today is about to move out of their home in Mondas Town, to move to an academic city known as Terserus City, to take part in the Trainer School there, and take on the City's Gym. As you leave for your adventure, your mother gives you new shoes, and a map, and your father gives you his last Pokémon. A Mareep. Wishing you well, he sends you on your way.
    As the Train's journey progresses, it eventually comes to a grinding halt, as large boulders block the path, most people see this as just a small problem, and venture through the route nearby, and make their own way to Terserus City, while a young lad called Vexx investigates, he explains how Static Co power the machines that keep the rocks out of the way, if they've gone down, then power has been altered or turned off. He then wanders off muttering and thinking to himself, as you're left to make your own way to Terserus City, with just a small Mareep with you.
    Your adventure begins...

Team Static:
    Team Static are the guys behind Static Co. the Tolbi region's main power source, they own over 20 of the large power stations around the region, and power almost every major city.
    They announced recently to try attempting to move to more "eco-friendly" ways, and have been experimenting with "alternate power", but all research was and has never been released to the public. People of the region begin to think Dark Motives are behind Static Co...

Planned Features:
    • Able to catch all 251 Pokémon from GSC
    • Retro-style Graphics throughout the whole adventure!
    • Retro Music played in every map
    • A couple extra Pokémon from future Gens.

Screenshots:
    pok__mon_voltage_title_screen_by_glitchdoodles-d7umgj7.png

skull_cave_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0eao.png
    the_train_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0eam.png
    kavor_city_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0f3h.png

pokecenter_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0f3d.png
    skull_cave_2_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0f36.png
    first_route_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0f9o.png

first_gym_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0fmx.png
    battle_1_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0fn4.png
    battle_2_by_glitchdoodles-d7w0fn1.png

*Images not 100% final*

Music:
    All music will be 8-bit, and made to replicate Gen II music style.

Credits:
    Varion: Music Insertion
    Neti : Neti's Past ROM Base
    DawnRhyder: Titlescreen tutorial
    diegoisawesome: XSE tutorial, intro tutorial removal, gender choice removal patches.​

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • A classic GBC format in Fire Red! Good luck with it! I am okay with a Mareep for a starter! Plus, it makes sense given the titlescreen. Gotta admit I'm awed completely!

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I love how GBC graphics on a GBA game suddenly became popular. Splendid work.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    A different experience, it seems that it was cool.

THanks, I think ~

A classic GBC format in Fire Red! Good luck with it! I am okay with a Mareep for a starter! Plus, it makes sense given the titlescreen. Gotta admit I'm awed completely!

Awesome, thanks! But, like I said up above, you do get starters, proper ones, later on.

I love how GBC graphics on a GBA game suddenly became popular. Splendid work.

I didn't see someone else's GBC Graphic act till after I posted mine, I actually went to their page and apologised. >A<

This hack is interesting!!!! So how's the progress of the hack?
    Like 20% for mapping, etc

I don't really like to give out Percentages or Release Dates. (I know you didn't ask for a date). It gives too much pressure to me, or too much expectation to the viewers of the thread, making them thing it could be released sooner than thought. :c

New Screens:
    train_arrive_by_glitchdoodles-d7vljsz.png
    train_by_glitchdoodles-d7vljsx.png
    rout_by_glitchdoodles-d7vljt2.png

These shots show the player entering the train, on the train, and on the route the train crashes.​

It's 2AM here, I'm off to bed, tommorow I plan to insert more music. (2nd Town, Gym, and PC/Mart THemes), and also, maybe de-vamp the battle screen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Abut percentages, it's cool if you don't like to think about it :D
    I just hope this get finished.. There are so many hack these days that keep improving, but none of them is closed to finished (except glazed).. Good luck finishing this!!! I'll play it for sure!!

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    This seems like a very cool ROM hack! I can't wait 'till its done so I can try it!

Thanks you ~

Abut percentages, it's cool if you don't like to think about it :D
    I just hope this get finished.. There are so many hack these days that keep improving, but none of them is closed to finished (except glazed).. Good luck finishing this!!! I'll play it for sure!!

Thank you ~

battle_by_glitchdoodles-d7vos8d.png
    battle_2_by_glitchdoodles-d7vos7z.png

Like I said last night, I've started the battle screens.

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Oh man, I love the G/S/C sprites, it seems pretty beautiful, one chance to change the battle panels? Congrats, I also believe that is a lot of responsibility to do all that when the hack really looks promising. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I love your mapping style! Now i'm ashamed of mine. Also you don't need to apologize, shh. It's not like my idea of "GSC on FRLG" is something that nobody thought before, haha

Really looking forward to it. Maybe we can exchange experience in the future, since our hacks have a similar concept. Good luck!

EDIT: Also... Is that a Doctor Who reference?

station_speech_by_glitchdoodles-d7vgar4.png

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Looks pretty interesting. ^^
    The story sounds interesting as well. ^_^

I'll keep an eye on this project of yours. :3
    Mostly because of Mareep. I love Flaaffy. <3

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Oh man, I love the G/S/C sprites, it seems pretty beautiful, one chance to change the battle panels? Congrats, I also believe that is a lot of responsibility to do all that when the hack really looks promising. Good luck!

Thanks, I shall try change the boxes and textboxes of the battle screen eventually.

Wow!!! Loving the battle sprite, it looks soo cool and remind me of my favorite Crystal version!!!!! I love this hack!!

Thanks!

I love your mapping style! Now i'm ashamed of mine. Also you don't need to apologize, shh. It's not like my idea of "GSC on FRLG" is something that nobody thought before, haha

Really looking forward to it. Maybe we can exchange experience in the future, since our hacks have a similar concept. Good luck!

EDIT: Also... Is that a Doctor Who reference?

station_speech_by_glitchdoodles-d7vgar4.png

Yush, I'm not good with original names for towns, so, so far I have three Doctor Who named towns. Mondas = Cybermen's original planet. Terserus = A planet of the bottom burpers. (Comic Relief episode) and Skaro = Dalek's home planet.

Looks pretty interesting. ^^
    The story sounds interesting as well. ^_^

I'll keep an eye on this project of yours. :3
    Mostly because of Mareep. I love Flaaffy. <3

Thanks so much!!

Update:
    city_2_by_glitchdoodles-d7vuxpv.png
    city_by_glitchdoodles-d7vux1y.png
    skull_cave_by_glitchdoodles-d7vux1t.png

And a WIP on the Player Sprites:
    hero_sprites_by_glitchdoodles-d7vvoz2.png

Kavos City, and Skull Cave. c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Yush, I'm not good with original names for towns, so, so far I have three Doctor Who named towns. Mondas = Cybermen's original planet. Terserus = A planet of the bottom burpers. (Comic Relief episode) and Skaro = Dalek's home planet.

Neat! Always good to see Doctor Who references (Saiken has some too).

Loved the cave theme.

Back