• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are they ever going to make a pokemon game on the Wii like whats on the gameboy/DS?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2008
    and not just some half baked pokemon battle game like they have for wii right now. im talking about a REAL pokemon game were you can actually walk to towns, get badges and stuff like that. is there ever going to be a game like this on the Wii?

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • That's exactly what I meant as not a good track record. But it's almost as if they have trouble making grass blocks in a full-roaming 3D world - because of no wild Pokemon in Colosseum and XD. Which is strange - Final Fantasy had no problem with it.
    But who knows what the future holds? Whatever the next Pokemon game on the Wii, I hope it's better than Battle Rev. T'was a real disappointment.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • It would be awesome, and has amazing potential, but I've a bad feeling that if they do, it'd turn pretty bad. Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are currently the closest to said style, but I don't believe either of them really went down well, other than to nab Lugia and Ho-oh. (although Ho-oh is a real pain to get; still working on getting it, myself. -.-; ) Oh; and the Johto Starters. (albeit much easier to acquire in Colosseum)

But if they pull it off, I might have more incentive to actually buy a Wii. Currently, there's nothing I really want for it. My only problem is they went forwards with Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness by adding a storyline to it, and then went backwards with Battle Revolution. Seriously.. what the hell? I personally think a 3D "Generation" game would be much too far out of their grasp, in all honesty.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • 50 bucks? I payed $100. I thought it would be a game equal, if not a little better than that of XD. I was sadly mistaken - I payed $100 AUD and all I got was a Surfing Pikachu.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • Said price over there should drop about $80 or so. Then it would make sense.

Hundred bucks is even more ridiculous. Hell, I can buy myself craploads with that kind of money other than just an extension.

Yeah, so can I, but that's the exchange rate. All Wii games here are above $70. But even then, I should've payed $20. Or gotten Twilight Princess instead.

Glaceon_

Years
  • More like Nintendo just isn't going to bother, and is just going to continue with the family games. Now don't we all love Brain Age?

I unfortunately do believe you're right... and I really hate those games... >>;; Its another one of the reasons I deterred from buying a Wii; its just advertised as more of an exercise machine, than a gaming console. I don't even have to go into making a list.

All I'll say is that a guy in my bank had a Wii for a few months, before getting rid of it.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • I'm just crossing my fingers that a good game (especially Pokemon) will actually come out for it. I wish there wasn't so many racing games - they're the easiest to make and some of the least entertaining. We need more Zeldas and Smash Bros - games that are ACTUALLY good, out there on the market.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • I bought a Wii because I thought the games being released for it would actually be worthwhile. And this was last year June or so. And boy, was I ever wrong. The only thing I would ever play on there is Battle Revolution, and that's when extreme boredom strikes.

I really hope Nintendo really thinks about it's core gamers for once. I mean, they're letting the money get to their head. As long as they get money, they don't care. The easiest way to do that? Get non-gamers involved with their products.

It's really sad how things are nowadays.

Well, I hate to say this, and I in no way defend them - but they're out there to make a profit.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • I think Platinum will be okay - they always seem to do the 'redone' versions of Pokemon games pretty well - although I wish they'd add stuff to that.

Glaceon_

Years
  • I'm just crossing my fingers that a good game (especially Pokemon) will actually come out for it. I wish there wasn't so many racing games - they're the easiest to make and some of the least entertaining. We need more Zeldas and Smash Bros - games that are ACTUALLY good, out there on the market.

Speaking of LoZ, I went out of my way to get Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, because for me, it is by far the better console, when compared to the Wii. they disappointed me with Battle revolution, and the only other game that I've seen that looks remotely interesting is No More Heroes. =/ I'll say it now; I'm surprised Nintendo are stacking up against the likes of Sony and Microsoft with the Wii, because in all honesty, I've more incentive to buy a 360, which I'll never do, anyway... =/

I bought a Wii because I thought the games being released for it would actually be worthwhile. And this was last year June or so. And boy, was I ever wrong. The only thing I would ever play on there is Battle Revolution(and sometimes Brawl when I want to challenge somebody in it), and that's when extreme boredom strikes. My Wii is just slowly getting less useful.

I really hope Nintendo really thinks about it's core gamers for once. I mean, they're letting the money get to their head. As long as they get money, they don't care. The easiest way to do that? Get non-gamers involved with their products.

It's really sad how things are nowadays.

Well, I hate to say this, and I in no way defend them - but they're out there to make a profit.

That's the way the world is; Nintendo just wanted to suck in more people into its web, if I'm to say. The unfortunate thing is, some of the Nintendo fans of the past might have taken a bit too strongly to the change in pace. While other consoles go for graphics, Nintendo are just going for diversity, in my opinion. The DS (Lite) is the only good console to come from them, this Gaming Generation.

And we, sadly, just have to deal with it or something until the next actual cool game comes out. There's Platinum, but god knows what Nintendo is doing to that game at the moment. I just pray to god that it won't turn out crappy or anything, seriously.

The DS has better games than the Wii, in my opinion. From what I heard, they're also getting a Sonic RPG, which I'm actually looking forward to seeing. Sonic is one of the retro games I've liked, even through all the explosion of the recent failures that are Sonic Heroes, and such. I could never get into Sonic Heroes...

Ermm.. but I'm kinda taking this thing off-topic, so... XD;;

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • well there are two diffrent pokemon companies

genius sority(spelling?) dose the consoules

and gamefreak does the handhelds

i think thats how it will go for a while...

but hopfully gamefreak will think outside of the box one day

nintendo.....gotta love 'em...

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Guys are we discussing the topic at hand or the Wii? I'd like to get on topic, I don't want to type a book on how the Wii rules, which I am capable of doing.

Anyway yes I really really hope they do that and make an actual platformer Pokemon game for the Wii. I've thought about it for a long time and it would truly be amazing.

Years
  • Nah, theres all these DS games, like Platinum in about a year, then there are DawnSilver/DuskGold (rumored) and there is another rumor that there will be an updated DS coming out in two thousand ten. The wii wouldn't handle those graphics very good, the world map would be too much for the wii, and people would enjoy to use their portable thing to do wireless play when not in a wifi range, so this has got to be a NO. Too bad so sad.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Nah, theres all these DS games, like Platinum in about a year, then there are DawnSilver/DuskGold (rumored) and there is another rumor that there will be an updated DS coming out in two thousand ten. The wii wouldn't handle those graphics very good, the world map would be too much for the wii, and people would enjoy to use their portable thing to do wireless play when not in a wifi range, so this has got to be a NO. Too bad so sad.

The Wii can easily handle the graphics. Nintendo has always come off as being very weak graphically because they don't actually make games with great graphics. But that doesn't mean the system isn't capable of rendering such graphics. Look at the Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 had better graphics than any one Xbox or PS2 game.

As for the Wii, look at FFCC My Life as a King. They can do it and it can handle it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't see Nintendo making a real Pokemon RPG on a console any time soon. Personally, I don't know that I'd want one. Pokemon is long, and there's lots of repetition to the battles. It's the kind of game I would rather pick up and play on a whim while lounging around, or on-the-go when I have the free time, or when I'm on the toilet. It's not something I'd want to confine myself to one spot in the living room for. Plus, there's a metric buttload of Pokemon nowadays. Making a game with that many fully 3D-rendered and animated Pokemon with that many different locations and packing it into a 50+ hour RPG is a pretty big project. I mean, they could, but I wouldn't see it as being much more fruitful than just putting it on a handheld.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I don't think they should. Although it might be good there is a strong possability that it would muck it up by the graphics or something. The DS games like D/P are all good in their own way and that is what make them unique. Adding one to the Wii would probably be a disaster. The GCN, yes, the Wii, no. It would ruin the game, make it all grainy and make it too big. I say it would be a bad idea.

Colloseum and XD did not have to display as much graphics as the Wii would and well I can't see it happening anyway.

Back