• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon recording software

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    Hey guys I'm currently at a predicament. I want to get a 3 DS capture card for recording, but I'm not exactly sure where I should get one. The one the Utah guy makes is sold out. And there's one that I found, but I don't know how reliable it is since it's from Japan and has no return policy (website to the place I'm talking about: http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/ ). If any of you guys can help me out, that would be great :)

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I'm in the same boat, but the solutions are horribly expensive. I actually haven't heard about the second one before, but...that price tag. I'm personally waiting for the technologies needed to have 3DS capture to get cheaper (though that will be a long time I'm sure.) Well for me if I wanna post X/Y battles it's back to the ol' camera pointed at the 3DS I suppose.

Granted, you can wait till Loopy is ready to recieve new orders, but god knows when that will wind up being...

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Both the 'Utah guy' and 3DS Video Capture are trusted, although they're called Loopy and Katsukity respectively.
    There's a third option, called Merki: http://www.merki.net/?page_id=54.
    Merki is the European distributor of Loopy's 3DS Capture Card.
    Katsukity distributes his own Capture Cards, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    Thank you MK. For giving me a possible third option to use. But is Merki selling 3DS version for USA as well?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm not sure about that, I know many European customers had good experience with Merki.
    But since you're in America, I guess you should wait for Loopy, it'd be cheaper for you (Customs, etc.).

Back