• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Team Before B/W

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
  • It has been a while since I have been battling and I lost some really good skills I used to have. Now, I have recently built a team I can work with and it seems to work out pretty well for the most part. The team was actually designed around a SubRoost Set Zapdos, and most of my team can take out some of it's counters. This is not meant to be a 100% stall team. The job of the team is to set up in a way that Zapdos will SubRoost kill the rest.
    At a Glance:​
    142.png
    145.png
    073.png
    260.png
    068.png
    094.png

In Depth:​
    142.png

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

At first, I immediately wanted a lead that can successfully get Stealth Rocks into the field, taunt, and do some damage. At first, I was using an Azelf, but after I saw an increase in Tyranitars, Azelfs were not the best choice for a suicide lead. The Aerodactyl is not suppose to counter Tyranitars. Aerodactyl can set up on a Tyranitar more successfully than an Azelf. Thanks to Aerodactyl's base 130 speed, he can outspeed all of the OU leads excluding Ninjasks, and speed tie with other Aerodactyls and Crobats. Even then, Ninjasks aren't too hard to counter. A simple taunt would ruin it's plans. A Crobat and Aerodactyl can easily go down with Stone Edge since they will usually taunt to avoid me from setting up. Why do I have Stone Edge > Rock Slide? The answer is to OHKO Abomasnow leads. Rock Slide will weaken an Abomasnow, but won't take it out, and hail+ Blizzard can take Aerodactyl out. Azelfs usually go down in 2 Stone Edges, and I don't mind Rocks being set up on me since I have a spinner.

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

As I said earlier, this team is built around this Zapdos. This Zapdos can take almost any physical attack and take the opponent out without too much trouble. This Zapdos is one of my answers to a Scarf Flygon since he can take a Stone Edge and HP Ice to take it out. Another thing I love about this Zapdos is that he is one of the few special Pokemon who can outstall a Blissey (which he has done many times) after my Tentacruel sets up Toxic Spikes. This Zapdos is also one of my only answer to a Dragon Dance Gyarados. He can take a +1 Stone Edge, Waterfall, and Bounce, and Thunderbolt for the OHKO. A combination of Sub+ Roost can pressure stall my opponents without much effort. And after toxic spikes are set up, he can start killing. Why do I have HP Ice > Toxic? Mainly because I have Tentacruel to set up Toxic Spikes, and HP Ice is my main answer to those Pokemon that do not get affected by Toxic Spikes (Gliscor, Flygon, Dragonite, etc.)

073.png

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

The good old Toxic Spikes set up+ Spinner. Since this team is built around Zapdos, Stealth Rocks is a huge problem and since Zapdos does carry Hidden Power Ice > Toxic, Tentacruel is almost a must in this team. With great Special and Physical defense, he can take Ice attacks that get thrown at Zapdos and Zapdos can take Ground attacks thrown at Tentacruel. The synergy between these two is not bad. Surf is always a general STAB move used to do some damage. A bulky water does not like an HP Electric in it's face especially when it comes in on a 2 layer toxic spikes. Before, I had a Starmie over here and ran Toxic on Zapdos. But, after Leech Seed Celebis became common, I quickly switched to Tentacruel, so Zapdos can have HP Ice, and Tentacruel can take out leech seed Celebis. The set is actually pretty standard and there isn't too much more to say about this.

260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake
    - Roar

Zapdos and Tentacruel both share a huge Tyranitar weakness, so here is Swampert to scare those pesky Tyranitars out of the picture! Usually, not many people actually expect a Swampert to have Rest, Sleep Talk, and Roar. They usually think it carries Ice Beam. This can happily come in on Dragons and scare them away, AND use Roar to do some scouting, and getting Rocks damage and Poisoning my opponents. This Swampert plays a status absorber in my team since most of my team hates status conditions. Rest can get rid of it, and Sleep Talk to pair up with rest. Swamperts are usually a PAIN to take down, the only thing they are missing is a reliable recovery. The only recovery they have is rest, so might as well make the best use of it. For a while, I have been considering to change this to a CursePert set with Rest, but I am not too sure how it will work out. As for now, I prefer this set since it is harder to kill. Swampert, Zapdos, and Tentacruel (all together) have really good synergy. Swampert takes all Electric and Rock attack, Zapdos takes all Ground and Grass attacks, and Tentacruel takes all Ice Attacks.

068.png

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - DynamicPunch
    - Payback
    - Bullet Punch
    - Ice Punch

Since most of my team has a Blissey weakness, Machamp was added to remove this weakness. The Machamp is actually a good revenge killer thanks to Bullet Punch. Against Blisseys, I usually use Dynamic Punch, so that even if a switch is taking place, he can Confuse the opponent. If the opponent send out a ghost, Payback will usually OHKO the ghost. This Machamp is basically a Banded Set with a Leftover to confuse my opponent. This Machamp, before, took out 3-4 Pokemon in a row with those moves. And, all of the moves hits every OU Pokemon for at least normal damage. Ice Punch will easily take care of Dragons, so I have it instead of Stone Edge. Machamp is also one of my answers to a Tyranitar. Just like Blissey, forcing a switch. I have actually considered a Flygon instead because my team has a HUGE HUGE weakness to an Azelf. Bullet Punch can only weaken it while Zapdos can use Thunder Bolt to take it out, but it is not worth it if I have to cause Machamp to die.

094.png

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

My final and last Pokemon is a Gengar! As some of you may or may not know, I do not know how to predict well. So, Gengar is one of my favorite Pokemon when is comes to Scizor and Tyranitars. Gengar usually can take them out with a Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire. Shadow Ball is a great STAB move. Protect will let me see if the Scizor or Tyranitar is going to use Pursuit. And according to the move they use, I return or Focus Blast/HP Fire. Gengar is one of my only answers to a Breloom. After Breloom puts another one of my Pokemon to sleep, Gengar comes in and uses the appropriate move. However, I prefer Zapdos to counter Breloom, and Gengar to stick to taking Scizors and Tyranitars out of the picture. There is not much more to say about this Gengar.

Overall:​
    I actually love this team and how each member supports Zapdos in one way or another. However, I have been EASILY swept with a Nasty Plot Azelf and Specs Azelfs. I am thinking of a way to counter that, but I can't think of which Pokemon I want to take out/ replace. I also have slight troubles against Starmie, but he easily dies against Zapdos and Machamp.

Please Rate My Team!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    This team got me back into gen IV for a while, and i love using it :) especially ur zapos with T spikes down.
    Honestly cant think of any improvements just wanted 2 say thanks. I might come back later when ive used it some more.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    You're gonna need some priority or a scarfer to stop Azelf sweeping you. Another option is to use sp.Def Rest Talk Roar Heatran over Machamp which walls Azelf amazing well.

Heatran@Leftovers
    248 HP/128 Spd/132 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar
    - Lava Plume

Also Sub Split Gengar over your current one benefits from T-Spikes much more as it actually outstalls Blissey.

Gengar@ Life Orb
    252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Though honestly Rotom-A is 100% better as a spin blocker and covers your Gyarados weakness. Specs Rotom-W can also Trick last poke like CM Suicune and curse Snorlax (especially without Machamp) with Rest as you cannot PHaze or beat these if they are last Pokemon left as your team isnt really offensively threatening.

Speaking of Gyarados, DD Gyarados crushes you easily. Put something like Scarf Flygon over Swampert. Does everything Swampert does but isn't set up fodder and covers some loose edges vs sweepers (DD Nite).

Flygon@Choice Scarf
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - U-Turn
    - ThunderPunch / Stone Edge

So changes;

Aero
    Tenta
    Zappy
    Sp.Def Roar Tran
    Specs Rotom-W
    Scarf Flygon

Hope this helps a little.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
  • Well, you see if I change it to that line up, it will ruin the physical/ special balance there is in my team. And, As for Rotom, I can't really get it into its appliance form in game, so I will use your Sub PainSplit Gengar idea as of now. And, I was always thinking about Scarf Flygon, so I guess that will work. And, I'll see how heatran does. I'll test it with this line up:

Aerodactyl
    Tentacruel
    Zapdos
    Heatran
    Gengar
    Flygon

EDIT: I tried that team... didn't work out well. It lost too easily.

I was actually trying out a Scarf Heatran > Gengar and it actually did pretty well. But, I lost my spin blocker. Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back