• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Refuses to Return Home, Growing Out of His Pokémon Training

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What if Ash is pushed in his limits when Giovanni encourages him that he ought to return to his home, growing out of his own Pokémon training because he has lost all of his Pokémon, which is because Jessie, James and Meowth have stolen all of his Pokémon currently in rotation on team while all of his other Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory and in training have been stolen and destroyed by the other Team Rocket operatives besides Jessie, James and Meowth, and may never return?

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Aye, what a sentence. It took me a few reads, but I think I get what you're asking.

I guess the answer would be the show comes to an end? I mean, isn't the whole point of the anime to follow along the adventures of some protagonist as s/he learns life lessons (hopefully) while on their journey to better themselves and become a Pokemon master? Whatever the heck that really means?

What your proposing sounds like a downer ending to me. Or at best, the end of Ash, and they start following a new guy or girl around. That would be a really terrible way to end Ash's 'career', considering all the time the writers, animators, and fans have invested into watching, working on and maybe even cheering for Ash for years. That'd be like me making a series with a everyman-like hero that grows and learns, and 7 seasons later, I just kill him off for no reason. I couldn't peeve off the show's fanbase more. Unless they hated him, and even then it's still in bad taste.

I'll admit, though, the idea sounds like it'd be a funny "life sucks" style Pokemon comic you'd find on tumblr or something.

EDIT: Crud. I read that as "Ash returns home". Hahahaha, oh man. I guess you can forget the above.

New answer: Um, he breaks down? Gets into a fist fight? I mean, really, what can he do? Start over again at best, go into a deep dark depression at worst. I'm even more confused now, though. He refuses to return home, but grew out of his Pokemon training. What? Ash finally gets a full time job and lives in the Celadon City flats? I dunno.

Last edited:
    Back