• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manafi or Manaphy?

Which one?

• Total voters

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
  • *dies* They're the same. o.O The syllable -fi is pronounced the same as -phy. Either spelling is okay with me, though if I had my way, it would be Manafee, like manatee. ^^ I like manatees.

I say it as mahn-uh-fee. ^-^

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Like somebody already said, the direct translation is Manafi, but they "American-ized" it and changed it to Manaphy.

pokepac

Pikachu Trainer!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2006
    I seen it spelled like this every where, Manafi.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    If they translate the name directly, it will probably be "Manaphy" in English. However, I prefer spelling it "Manafi". I just think it looks better that way.

-X-

pronounced "dash X dash"
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    I spell it manafi and I didn't even know anyone spelt it like manaphy.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I would use Manaphy for the sake of spelling. XD Since I would normally pronounce them the same either way, Manaphy just looks more formal (for the lack of a better word O.<). X3

~Kelsey

Back