• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
in most trainer editors you have the option to change the music may I recamend advance trainer by hackmew
No, A-Trainer only allows me to chage the intro theme, not the battle theme. Also, I have an additional question.
In Advanced Map, I added in a trainer, but I don't know how to code in his pokemon, their moves, and his dialouge. Nothing I've tried works.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Hey, I'm in the middle of making a hack, I'm trying to make a Pokemon game with a different feel to it, trying to change up the repetitive Pokemon style, ya know? But I need to figure out how to make it so you start with the national Pokedex. I've been trying for a while now, and I've searched for it, but as far as I saw nothing really came up, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked haha. It seems pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yes its been asked before(manny time) in okes script after you get the regular dex put the line special 0x(national dex) I forget the esact number but if you search okes script you should find it under the text .... click done you dex has been updated

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Now, before I post my question, understand that all my warps work fine. When I test them in Advance Map, they all work as I want.

Anyways, when I go into the game, and try to enter the room, the whole screen is black. What happened?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
ahh This happened to before when I was a younger hacker and I figured it out It also happened a few times recently I dont know why it happends but I know how to fix it :D
click on the buttune that looks like a house and a sun this is the insert map buttune
then if your map(you are having problems with is bank 4 map 3) put in the box insert map 4 3 bacialy you are inserting the same map into the map but andvances map repoints it with a diferent offset mabey this happends when you over lap a offset not sure but this fixs the problem 100% of the time if you need more help send me your hack and I will do it because its a quick fix also and if you have any more questions leave me a visiting message

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
That's happened to me too, when I tried to make an alternate warp into Brock's gym...
I tried a few things, but I am clueless as to what causes it (I think it's something about entering a building from a custom map). I recommend using cntrl+right click to just select the whole map and paste it onto a new map, then insert that map somewhere else. That worked out pretty well for me.

EDIT: Darn it all, someone else answered while I was typing. Ah well. It's basically the same solution, only his is simpler.

To my would-be helpers...
Thanks for the enthusiastic file-sharing recommendations, but for now, does either of you know why my maps keep getting compressed to the left like that? For anyone else who sees this post, basically I'm trying to insert a world map, but it just turns into two long lines of crud on unLZ. Also, if anyone could shoot me a link to a world-map tutorial other than haefele's, that would be great. There used to be several, I think, but for some reason they're gone now...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Grr, I'm having another inserting tiles problem.
I've followed every step properly for inserting tiles, and I've inserted tiles before with no problem.

When I load the .dib file with my new tiles in the A-Map tile editor, and set it to it's palette (any palette even), for some odd reason my tiles are messed.
Attachment at the bottom.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

-.-

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Grr, I'm having another inserting tiles problem.
I've followed every step properly for inserting tiles, and I've inserted tiles before with no problem.

When I load the .dib file with my new tiles in the A-Map tile editor, and set it to it's palette (any palette even), for some odd reason my tiles are messed.
Attachment at the bottom.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

-.-
the tiles you inserted the collars did not match the platlets go to platelet editor and fix the collars write changes to rom then re-load the tile set

Cello

Tonight!
Years
the tiles you inserted the collars did not match the platlets go to platelet editor and fix the collars write changes to rom then re-load the tile set

Oh, thank you. It was a little off what you suggested but you helped point me in the right direction. In photoshop it said I had 16 colors exactly, but when I reloaded it and checked a second time there was apparently 18 colors.

I loaded the tile set perfectly now though.

Thanks again! :D

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Is there a way to change the pokedex order? like making a different pokemon show up at number 1.
ex:
normal:
1.bulbasaur
2.ivysaur
3.venusaur
4.charmander
5.charmeleon
6.charizard

Change to:
1.charmander
2.charmeleon
3.charizard
4.bulbasaur
5.ivysaur
6.venusaur

Wow it looks like this question was never answered...

Well if you want to edit the pokedex order just look in the toolbox in 24 hours ;)

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Well I found out how to add in trainers. But a new question arises.
Say I have edited a sprite of a trainer. The pallet hasn't been edited. What steps would I follow to put this in the game? All of the tuts mention how to add them in when they have a different pallet.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well I found out how to add in trainers. But a new question arises.
Say I have edited a sprite of a trainer. The pallet hasn't been edited. What steps would I follow to put this in the game? All of the tuts mention how to add them in when they have a different pallet.

Well it should be the same. You just dont worry about replacing the pallete.

Uh,does anybody know how to repoint a move to an image so that's what it shows in battle?

In my opinion it depends on the move. The Images are different sizes for each ,ove and so are the tilemaps.

How to change sprite of Prof. Birdthin Ruby Version?

You can change him in tile molester.

pallete 0x39E414
Image 0x39DBF4 in TLP or Tile Molester.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
I assume my question goes here and not in the script help thread...

Does anyone know how to make all 3 dog/cat/beasts roam in FR instead of just the one?

Not specifically, but to enable all 3 you would have to modify the current roaming dog Script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back