• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need help

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Having more than your question for starters...

That is to say, you need a premise... Something that would appeal to you.

Start as simple as your favourite pokemon, or your favourite character.

Perhaps it is something you'd like to emulate.

Another simple question is that of what genre you would like to chose from.

Asking yourself these simple question will help too:

- Where do you want your character to start? (setting)
- What do you want to do with the fic? (Do you want others to read it, do you want to satisfy your own writing ability? Does your fic have a purpose or point?) These questions might seem trivial but the are essential nonetheless.

And lastly, I'd suggest just reading some fics here.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Just Put You Username together with your favorite Pokemon, like I did!

CaptainSpicyClouds
+
Pikachu
=
Captain Pikachu

(And there you have it)
...But that doesn''t help much with ideas beyond making up a name for a Pokemon character.... and I fear this could be problematic for Rhyhorn. If the fav. Pokemon is the same as the username... a character called Rhyhorn Rhyhorn? Maybe in a comedy fic, but... =P

Basically what Feign said, and I'd place emphasis on the 'read other people's fics' part as well. That'll give you a good idea on what makes a good story, and prehaps what type of setting and/or genre appeals to you, something you'll want to write with. Consider what 'canon' you want to work from, such as anime canon, game canon, etc - or maybe something separate from them. From there you could brainstorm some, just go crazy with ideas and see what comes out of that. Good luck with it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
...But that doesn''t help much with ideas beyond making up a name for a Pokemon character.... and I fear this could be problematic for Rhyhorn. If the fav. Pokemon is the same as the username... a character called Rhyhorn Rhyhorn? Maybe in a comedy fic, but... =P
Maybe he would be like Madonna, and only have one name. Rhyhorn.

Oh! Spicy Pikachu!

To answer the OP: Anything your little heart desires, really. Write whatever you want to write about in the Pokemon world, any little part of canon you want to explore.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Yes, I agree. Maybe go watch one of the movies, or play through a game, with an eye for a detail or character that you like the concept of. For example, if you for some mysterious reason find an incredible interest on how TMs work, you could turn it into some sort of fifty-chapter epic on how Pokémon really wanted to learn moves or something.

...Please don't use that idea. But you get the concept, right?

Back