• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Omega [Beta 1 released in english]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
i downloaded this from WAH it was great yet i had translated it but didnt want to steal some1 elses game in a different language.. i trained all my pokes into their lvl 60's can't wait 4 beta two keep it up!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
lol, i don't get why so many people can't play this?

Well, the beta was amazing! That was one of the best hacks i have ever played!
The shiny thing worked for me too!

Best of luck!!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Ah, good to see it's up on PC, Xiros.
Darn, I wish I had time. I was supposed to translate it, but I only got up to Town 1. -_-

Sorry for that, Xiros, I had little time. Keep it going, it's looking very good!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
I don´t have enough time now to answer all the posts so i will answer just 2 of them xO

You know when making maps that you have to place the colored number that represent what the player can do.

1=impassable
C=Passable
4=Impassable(Surf Exception)

Understand?

Yeah now i undersand, well thanks, now i will try to revise the whole beta so i fix those little mistakes xD

Ah, good to see it's up on PC, Xiros.
Darn, I wish I had time. I was supposed to translate it, but I only got up to Town 1. -_-

Sorry for that, Xiros, I had little time. Keep it going, it's looking very good!

Hehe at lest u tried, and i´m very thanked for that.
Thanks for posting!

Well, now i´m currently scripting :P
Tomorrow i should be starting to work with a cave tileset, so soon i will show some screens.
That´s all for now!

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Your welcome. While playing the betta I killed both baby snorelax and the shiny Murkrow....I am so bad!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
Your welcome. While playing the betta I killed both baby snorelax and the shiny Murkrow....I am so bad!

Haha in beta 2 there will be more wildbattles so u will be able to kill more pokémon =P

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
the file doesn't extract. Could someone give me a quick toutoiral on how to make it work.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
Well, the Leader Sofia, is a MotherFu**** Powerful xD.
Is more difficult than the Team Shadow o.O.
But i beat. before 13 times :p (More than the 1st leader of Ruby Destiny)
Well, i hope updates of the Beta 2.
Good luck frend!

Years
i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years

but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!

The one starter is good, as that's the way the hack is. I didn't have too much of a problem, just bring potions/catch other pokemon.

Remember, its just a beta, he can get into extra things later (like the surf thing, if he wants to)

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years

1. changing storylines
2. changing maps
3. add new events etc

Well, remember, its just a beta, and its just in the beginning, i have lots of ideas but i didn´t add them on beta 1...
About the 1 pokémon, it will stay like that, if u are a boy the starter is a growlithe and if u are a girl the starter is vulpix, and it won´t change.
Growlithe on beta 1 has lower states than it should, but its only because since it was a beta 1 and it wasn´t long i wanted it to be a bit difficult.

The new things will appear later, don´t be so hasty, i have almost the whole hack planned and it has new things, i hate the bike so i will change it... And more new things.
Just wait to beta 2....

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
great game!
i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
I also liked the idea of two professors
good luck on pokemon omega!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
great game!
i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
I also liked the idea of two professors
good luck on pokemon omega!

Hehe yeah mew will be able to catch, but yet i don´t know when...

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
Years
Cool Hack! I just caught murkrow!

o_o OMG i just found a wild shiny pidgey!

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
Is murcrow catcchable i throw a pokemon ball at him and he broke out with one shake and burned

Yeah its catchable but it has a very low catch rate, so its difficult to catch it.

Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.

Yeah its difficult to catch, for next beta the catch rate will be higher, but it will still be a bit difficult haha

Tenzou

~Ten...
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2009
Speechless. What you did ... What you made... Awesome Xiros! :D Wonderful storyline, ( I liked the diary a lot, by the way) New graphics and palettes, etc. (and as usual your original and great scripts ). So far I have no questions and I think Pokemon Omega is brilliant and is a hack you must try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back