• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Card of the Week #1 (Sept. 3rd-9th, 2011) - Sage's Training UD 77/90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity's Card of the Week series!

Back after a temporary hiatus and renamed to better fit my schedule!

Basically, this is a series of threads where you rate a given card based on several factors, including how useful it is in various decks, which cards it combos well with, and its art. So, basically, you're rating all aspects of the card.

Card of the Week #1 for September 3rd-9th, 2011 - Sage's Training HS Undaunted

Spoiler:

(This pic is just being used to show the art. I can't find the power cable for our scanner here at the moment, otherwise I'd have used a scan)

Card details:

Spoiler:

Some questions to get you started:
    What decks is this useful in?
    What cards does it combo well with?
    What do you think about the card's capabilities?
    What do you think about the card art?

Now get your rate on!

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • It's useful in just about any deck. It's a limited option of what you get to keep, but great for strategizing.

It doesn't particularly combo well with anything, other than anything you can use to pick up the cards you discarded like Energy Retrieval.

It's got good potential, and it's one of the best draw supports in the game as of late.

As for the art, it's meh to me. It's not really all that interesting going on, and it's not quite stoic enough to really seem like the sage is a wise man. He kinda looks like a self-righteous douche; especially with his pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Title fixed. Interestingly the only mistake I made for posting it at 4 AM.

Anyway, I think it's interesting and works well in decks that have a means to recover discarded cards, so basically anything that runs Energy Retrieval or Junk Arm would benefit from it. The flexibility it gives you for drawing has no equal. I personally still wouldn't use it, but that's just me.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • i have used this card before but! it made my deck dissapear with wasting 3 cards and throwing them in the discard pile you could get the same good effect with engeniers adjustment's [sorry for bad vocab]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back