• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2015
    Pre-Introduction
    Okay, I'm Rai. I joined this forum today solely to advertise my Youtube channel because I will be doing a what is so called a "Let's Play", I will be doing a Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon Black 2. I haven't yet seen any Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlockes so I guess i should try be the first one(sorry if there is already one). But before I start this I would like someone to help me make a banner or avatar for this series. I'm really bad at design so I wouldnt be asking if I was desperate. If anyone can do this for me it'd be great or if anyone could send me in the right direction.

Introduction​
    The Nuzlocke Challenge is a set of rules intended to create a higher level of difficulty while playing the Pokémon games. Many challengers feel that the rules also serve the purpose of encouraging the use of Pokémon the player would not normally choose, and promoting closer bonds with the player's Pokémon. The rules are not an in-game function, but are self-imposed on the part of the player, and thus subject to variation.

Rules
    • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
    • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else.
    • If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    • If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
    • While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
    • Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
    • Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themself, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited.
    • Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a Golem, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules.
    • As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.
    • Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.

To know my youtube channel just send me a vm because I can't post a link of it on this thread.
    I will start this next week because I need time to make a Banner and an avatar for this series, hopefully it lasts long.
    Thanks for all possible viewers, I'm not too fussed about subscribers but if you could tell you're friends about me and what I'm doing it will be greatly appreciated.​

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The section's rules state that videos must be posted to the forum, and you can not link to your channel. Linking to your channel can count as advertising.

Just post around in various forums (don't spam!) to get fifteen posts in order to share links, then post your video here using the Youtube code. Start a thread when you're ready rather than announcing that you'll be starting a Let's Play when you're ready. You should have as much in order before sharing your Let's Play on PC.

When you're ready, feel free to send me/Aura Blackquill a VM/PM to reopen your thread if you don't want to make a new one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back