• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Amazing discovery mate of 256 colour titlescreen or otherwise I would have been screwed twice over. ;)
Black Charizard or ดูดดื่ม (beacuse you said you fixed it for ~Teh Panda~) I also have a problem :(
But I hope you can tell me how to fix it. Once I loaded up my rom I checked the result of insertion and It is EXACTLY how ~ Teh Panda ~'s title screen looked like (messed up logo and rest of the image was a weird repeating pattern) except in different colours and styles of course. Could you please tell me how to fix it which you told or did for ~ Teh Panda ~ because I got the EXACT same problem as him.

Many thanks in advance :)

EXACTLY like this my problem.
(~Teh Panda's~ screenshot)
h_tp://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Hmm.png

Now I can edit it. This problem is caused by a process of tilemap.
The NTME you set it to 32x32 or box below the size of each version.

PS: Nice to meet U, friend. :)

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Nope....

Now I can edit it. This problem is caused by a process of tilemap.
The NTME you set it to 32x32 or box below the size of each version.

PS: Nice to meet U, friend. :)

Still doesnt work, got the same problem :(.
Do you mean in NTME to set the bottom size to 32 x 32 but the the size becomes custom and not FR/LG
Oh yeah, on the last step when you get your result from FSF are you supposed to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck/check anything?
By the way nice to talk to you mate ;)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Still doesnt work, got the same problem :(.
Do you mean in NTME to set the bottom size to 32 x 32 but the the size becomes custom and not FR/LG
Oh yeah, on the last step when you get your result from FSF are you supposed to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck/check anything?
By the way nice to talk to you mate ;)

It is because the width of it is not enough. If you change it to widen it to normal.
See you back at step 5 of the black charizard described.
The final step is to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck it only export pallete.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
It is because the width of it is not enough. If you change it to widen it to normal.
See you back at step 5 of the black charizard described.
The final step is to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck it only export pallete.

Ok so Im supposed to put it to 32 x 32 in NTME and custom size and the final step put 2 00's in front of the result and only have export palette checked?
Any other things I should do do minimize the errors or troubles?
Thanks mate ;) Real help your are :)

EDIT: Wait in my NTME 32 x 32 is way to big for my titlescreen is the size supposed (in bottom titleset) to it to be fitting EXACTLY with no extra space?

Last edited:

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Ok so Im supposed to put it to 32 x 32 in NTME and custom size and the final step put 2 00's in front of the result and only have export palette checked?
Any other things I should do do minimize the errors or troubles?
Thanks mate ;) Real help your are :)

Yes.
If you have a problem as I edit the raw size, it's ok.

Edit: You just adjust the width before adding +2.

Last edited:

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
If so...

I had the same problem. You have to import the titlescreen before the tilemap. You can't screw it up. This fixed my problem.

So is the result like a weird messed up columns without any tile repeated in the bottom box? Also do you put the size to FR/LG TS or do you leave it on custom size? If so what do you do next? Thanks for the info because I've seen this weird columns some where else... :D

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
So once it put the titlescreen at 32 x 32 in NTME I +2 to width? :O
Sorry mate just don't get you :(

Yes.it's width.
This picture of Black Charizard @ step 5.

13048611.png

The picture you see red circle.

*Must be really sorry. My English is not strong.
icon9.gif

To pokemonhacker12345
You do the same stinger123.
It is normal.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Still not working

Aww man! I still get screwed up :(
.OK this is what I did.
Indexed my full title screen (239 colours.)
Got NTME, set size to FR/LG TS and selected the whole titlescreen and put it onto the tile map. There was a bit extra space at the right hand side.
Went to NGLZ - Advance Put in image offset and imported my indexed bitmap and repointed thingy to 800000 and the two boxes checked.
Went to Unlz-Gba and went to the number where I found my firered logo - 1991 :O and went 1 after that and 16 colours on. Loaded Raw onto 1992 and file to big blah blah 564
FSF Put 700000 and put 564, got 1380 and search and copied the code and shoved it on with 2 00's and only had export palette checked.
Clicked OK nothing happened. Loaded up game and I was even more screwed than last time :(
Can someone put screen shot's on the NTME bit, importing on Unlz gba specially when you get your result and put the 2 00's on it and checking the boxes and stuff so I can check if mine is correct.
Thanks for the people who are helping me :D

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Aww man! I still get screwed up :(
.OK this is what I did.
Indexed my full title screen (239 colours.)
Got NTME, set size to FR/LG TS and selected the whole titlescreen and put it onto the tile map. There was a bit extra space at the right hand side.
Went to NGLZ - Advance Put in image offset and imported my indexed bitmap and repointed thingy to 800000 and the two boxes checked.
Went to Unlz-Gba and went to the number where I found my firered logo - 1991 :O and went 1 after that and 16 colours on. Loaded Raw onto 1992 and file to big blah blah 564
FSF Put 700000 and put 564, got 1380 and search and copied the code and shoved it on with 2 00's and only had export palette checked.
Clicked OK nothing happened. Loaded up game and I was even more screwed than last time :(
Can someone put screen shot's on the NTME bit, importing on Unlz gba specially when you get your result and put the 2 00's on it and checking the boxes and stuff so I can check if mine is correct.
Thanks for the people who are helping me :D
Then you try to gradually increase the size of the raw. It then checks that the size of unlz.gba acted when you have not insert it.
Try to look at this picture again.
I have used images of black charizard.

90685576.png

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Then you try to gradually increase the size of the raw. It then checks that the size of unlz.gba acted when you have not insert it.
Try to look at this picture again.
I have used images of black charizard.

90685576.png

Um, can you give me a suggest how much to increase the raw by? :O
Thanks for you help friend :D

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
Thanks, guys. I was looking for a copy of MSpaint for XP for my 7 earlier, but i didn't find it.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Still messed up titlescreens

Aww, 5th time still getting screwed up titlescreens
I still get messed up screens like ~ Teh Panda ~ did. Anyways two people have tried and help me out but I still get messed up titlescreens.
Any solution?
Very very sorry because I know I am getting very annoying :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Aww, 5th time still getting screwed up titlescreens
I still get messed up screens like ~ Teh Panda ~ did. Anyways two people have tried and help me out but I still get messed up titlescreens.
Any solution?
Very very sorry because I know I am getting very annoying :(

I can help send me a pm with a link to your indexed image and a patch of the rom it needs to be inserted to

Well, I did all of your steps till now, and this is what I get:
*attachment*
What did I do wrong??? Please help me....

You need to follow the NTME steps carefully.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
I can help send me a pm with a link to your indexed image and a patch of the rom it needs to be inserted to

Thanks mate, if is the last resort then I will send you my titlescreen and give credit to you and stuff, but I wanna learn how to do this thing and not screw up. I wanna do something by myself without others doing it for me. You get what I'm saying? :D
Anyways since I got the same problem as ~ Teh Panda ~ and few others, do you now how to fix my problem because I think you fixed his for him, so if you helped me it would work since I got the same problem as ~Teh Panda~.
Cheers ;)

Back