• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai experiments...

Which deck with Darkrai should I run?

• Hammertime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darkrai/Zoroark

• Klingklang-EXs

• Hydreigon/Leavanny/Techs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
  • Watsup, PC. I'm kind of bored right now, especially since I have nothing to do until Cities (Can't go to Regionals).

For my birthday, I got a Darkrai tin. I'm like, ARE YOU SERIOUS!! I already have 3!! So, I decided to fool around and make a Darkrai deck that has one strategy: DO DAMAGE. It's not finished yet, but it it's coming along.

4 Darkrai-EX
    2 Aerodactyl
    2 Tornadus
    3 Sableye

3 Eviolite
    3 Twist Mountain
    3 Catcher
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    2 Level Ball
    3 Dark Claw
    2 PlusPower
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Cheren
    2 Cilan

8 Darkness Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy: Aggro darkrai, get Dark Claw on 'em, Aerodactyl, Pluspower. With Darkrai, I'm doing an extra 30-50 damage per turn. With Tornadus, im still doing extra damage. *I only added Tornadus because I run stadiums, and I might get lucky with a DONK.

Critique?

Years
  • You need to add more energy. You've got way too many trainers and items. I'd reccomend taking out a couple Junipers and Ns because discarding your hands you'll probably end up discarding a Juniper and N at the same time. Also, are your Aerodactyls basic? Because I always thought you had to evolve them from Old Amber? Also, you should add a few basic and stage 1 Pokemon to the mix because 4 Darkrai EX will require 3 dark energy each, 4 x 3 = 12 that's all of your energies. I'd reccomend Stunky/Skuntank because their first attacks only require 1 dark energy plus Stunky's first attack will let you discard an energy card attached to the defending Pokemon if you get heads and Skuntank's attack does 20-30 damage I think plus poisoning each turn. Go out and buy the Dragonsnarl deck if you don't already have it because it has everything I mentioned above.

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Regarding Aerodactyl, they changed how fossils work this time around, so Aerodactyl is indeed a Basic Pokemon, at least on the versions that say it is one, like in the most recent sets.
    I'm not exactly sure how Aerodactyl works as a Restored pokemon personally since I never see anyone using Aerodactyl.

But considering that it doesn't list itself as a Basic pokemon since it has to be played via specific play conditions, I don't think it's affected by cards that target Basic pokemon such as Skyarrow Bridge.

I don't personally see Aerodactyl being that good, really. Given how much work you have to put in to put him in play I feel pluspower is just a much more worthwhile investment since it's immediate and it doesn't take up a slot on the bench.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
    Years
  • Originally posted by Feralikazam
    You need to add more energy. You've got way too many trainers and items. I'd reccomend taking out a couple Junipers and Ns because discarding your hands you'll probably end up discarding a Juniper and N at the same time. Also, are your Aerodactyls basic? Because I always thought you had to evolve them from Old Amber? Also, you should add a few basic and stage 1 Pokemon to the mix because 4 Darkrai EX will require 3 dark energy each, 4 x 3 = 12 that's all of your energies. I'd reccomend Stunky/Skuntank because their first attacks only require 1 dark energy plus Stunky's first attack will let you discard an energy card attached to the defending Pokemon if you get heads and Skuntank's attack does 20-30 damage I think plus poisoning each turn. Go out and buy the Dragonsnarl deck if you don't already have it because it has everything I mentioned above.

I have the DragonSnarl deck already. However: Skuntank is, honestly, terrible. Very low HP, also has no synergy in the deck except for the fact that it's a Dark type. Adding it in would require more energy and more trainers. Therefore I cannot add it.

I don't think Aerodactyl is basic. They are restored Pokémon, and I think that it says in the rules that it doesnt count as Basic.

I don't really need more energy. I have Dark Patch, as well as Sableye. I really don't need more energy. My Hydrai only runs 8 Darks, and it works. Getting rid of supporters won't really do me good. I only run 11, which is just enough. If I get rid of a Juniper and an N, I'm down to 9. IMO, I need to run at least 10 for this deck.

Back