• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    My internet speed is horrific :( So i couldn't upload the gyms! I have beaten the eight gyms! I am just grinding now to 70. This will be a fun finish!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    pokemon_yellow_mono_black_finally_by_darksword4773-d8y95mh.png

Snorlax/Frends
    Lvl 60
    Strength
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Double Team (Open for other moves if needed)

If I fail I will post another update and levels!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    pokemon_yellow_mono_black_finished_by_darksword4773-d8y97bd.png

FINISHED!!!!!!!!
    This was a lot of fun. Next is Crystal, cant wait till later! Later on I will try to catch every black colored Pokemon there is throughout all of the games.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Trying to figure out if there are any black pokemon before the second gym?

After reading your previous posts (which double posting is against the rules btw). You're doing crystal next, right?
    Unown is the only one, but hey, it's a challenge for a reason. All I have to say about it good luck, lol.
    ------------------------------------------
    As for myself, I'm going to get back into challenges. Yay.
    Username: Volga
    Color: Brown
    Game: Blue, Crystal, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X
    Ultimate: Yep

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Nope I have played through the fourth gym. I also read over the rules and paid more attention and I am deeply sorry for breaking rules. Okay crystal is ten thousand times harder because I have two pokemon currently umbreon, and unown. Before this champion though I will have 3 poles adding sneasal. I will have 6 pokemon for red though because you get snorlax, houndour, and Murkrow.
    Finished the first part. My next update will be me fighting Red.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Username: banjopop7_7
    Color: Blue
    Game: Y
    Ultimate: nope.
    Two questions:
    If I catch for example a Gloom, can I evolve it? Or does it have to stay a Gloom forever?
    And English is not my best language, so I'm not quite sure of the rules. Can I trade for example a Sawk to my game (It's an X exclusive)?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Username: banjopop7_7
    Color: Blue
    Game: Y
    Ultimate: nope.
    Two questions:
    If I catch for example a Gloom, can I evolve it? Or does it have to stay a Gloom forever?
    And English is not my best language, so I'm not quite sure of the rules. Can I trade for example a Sawk to my game (It's an X exclusive)?
    Vileplume/Bellossom are not blue, so it must stay a Gloom if you choose to use it.

You can trade one version exclusive Pokemon over. In your case, either Sawk or Clauncher. I encourage you to trade them over in an egg so the Exp bonus doesn't apply (this is a challenge after all). Otherwise try to keep the level as low as possible.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Well I have just finished CRYSTAL :)! Man I can't wait for Platinum. Anyways Emerald is next... I have a question, can I just show a screen shot every two gyms and then the final champion? Well here is my proof!
    Spoiler:

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Vileplume/Bellossom are not blue, so it must stay a Gloom if you choose to use it.

You can trade one version exclusive Pokemon over. In your case, either Sawk or Clauncher. I encourage you to trade them over in an egg so the Exp bonus doesn't apply (this is a challenge after all). Otherwise try to keep the level as low as possible.

Ok, thanks. That clears up a lot. I can't trade so is it okay if the pokemon is Lv. 1?
    Anyways, I will start it as soon as possible.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I'm new to this site and all so I guess I'll try the Mono-Color challenge as something to do before summer ends. I'll probably post my stuff once I can actually post pictures so it pops out more. One question. Can you use some ROM editing device to edit evolutions that are impossible like using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer except without randomizing or whatever?

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • Final update for Red on Y:

♦ From Lumiose I continued to Laverre City through Route 14, where I caught my final team member, Speedinja the Shelmet.
    ♦ I took on the gym using mainly Vilestria, since she has super effective moves against Fairy-types.
    ♦ Made my way to the Poké Ball Factory and took care of all the Flare members.
    ♦ Went from Laverre City to Anistar City, after some stops on several routes, Dendemille Town and Frost Cavern.
    ♦ Once there, I battled Calem and then Olympia in the gym. She was no big threat, since her team had a weakness to almost every Pokémon on my team.
    ♦ Backtracked to Lumiose to find Team Flare's super secret HQ, and raided it once there. It was a pretty long road with lots of stops at the Poké Centre, but we eventually made it and caught Yveltal.
    ♦ My next stop was Couriway Town, and I went to Terminus Cave on my way there, to pick up some nice stuff and get some exp. for my team.
    ♦ Reached Couriway, battled Sycamore, and then went towards Snowbelle City after some tough battles.
    ♦ After finding the gym leader in the Pokémon Village, I challenged the gym using mainly Flamschazam and Salapants.
    ♦ Obtained the final badge, and off we were to the Pokémon League through Victory Road!
    ♦ Wikstrom was taken care of by Flamschazam, and Malva went down to Kaliente and Dino Might. Vilestria was the main player for Drasna and Siebold, with some help from the others.
    ♦ Diantha proved to put up more of a fight than the Elite Four, but was still no huge threat, and so we emerged victorious!

My next color will be either brown or white, also done on Y.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I'm new to this site and all so I guess I'll try the Mono-Color challenge as something to do before summer ends. I'll probably post my stuff once I can actually post pictures so it pops out more. One question. Can you use some ROM editing device to edit evolutions that are impossible like using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer except without randomizing or whatever?
    Yeah, that's fine.

I started my Hoenn purple leg on Emerald a couple weeks ago, will post an update soon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Username: gummybuns
    Color: Purple
    Game: Pokemon 3d (it plays exactly like hgss and has almost every pokemon up to gen 6)
    Ultimate: No

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • I decided to go with brown, first update for Y:

♦ I picked the male character and named myself Chevi. After having done the beginning stuff, I trekked through Santalune Forest to get my first 2 team members. On Route 22, I caught both Banyan the Litleo and Kapok the Farfetch'd.
    ♦ Trained them up to Lv. 10, and then battled the gym. Viola was an easy battle thanks to my type advantage.
    ♦ Continued up to Lumiose City, where I went to the lab, and then continued to Route 5. Once that route was over, I was in Camphrier Town, with a mission to wake up a sleeping Snorlax blocking the road. However, I had to obtain the Poké Flute from the Parfum Palace first. On my way back, I caught Sugi the Honedge.
    ♦ With that out of the way, I went to Ambrette Town through Connecting Cave and Route 8. Once there, I couldn't continue towards Cyllage City until I cleared up some business in Glittering Cave, so I went ahead and did that.
    ♦ But first, I caught Butternut the Binacle and trained him up a bit.
    ♦ Went to Cyllage gym, where Sugi did pretty much all of the work. Butternut could've come in handy with Water-moves, but he wasn't strong enough to deal sufficient damage. Nevertheless, I earned the badge and continued my adventure.
    ♦ Team Flare still hadn't given up after Glittering Cave, so I beat up some more grunts on Route 10, and then made it to Geosenge Town.
    ♦ Battled Korrina and then continued to Reflection Cave. After trekking through that, we ended up in Shalour City.
    ♦ Before taking on the gym, we had to go to the Tower of Mastery. After some story time and a battle against my rival, I was free to challenge the gym.
    ♦ Kapok and Sugi handled everything very well, including Korrina herself.
    ♦ Continued to Route 12, and then ended up in Couriway Town.
    ♦ I went straight to the gym after defeating my rival in front of it. Ramos was taken care of easily by Kapok and Banyan.
    ♦ About to backtrack to Cyllage to obtain my next team member.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • May I Do One? This is my First Time doing a Mono-Color.
    Username: Pelipper_Zachary
    Color: Red
    Game: Red, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2 and Y
    Ultimate: Yes

I'll Start Tomorrow Morning (After Breakfast)

Years
  • Red Update #1:
    Spoiler:

Completed Red! Next is Silver but Not Right Now

Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back