• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Minecraft] How to get more horsepower out of your game.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
  • Minecraft, a game that is surprisingly regarded of a legend in the gaming community, due to its playability, ability to build almost anything and the fact its backed with a nearly unlimited amount of mods due to its customizable source. However, Minecraft only requires 1 Gig of RAM to run at full/fancy settings, but on older systems... this is a challenge, even if they have the memory to power it. Normally, they still can't. Today, I'll like to share some interesting secrets on how to make your Minecraft game run much better.

==Allocating more memory for Minecraft==

Allocating more memory [RAM] to Minecraft will allow the game to run faster and more smoother. This makes the game on your computer be less damaging to you as well. This is actually done is a easy way too. I have a step-by-step process to do this.

1] Go to the folder where you downloaded and execute minecraft.exe. [This is NOT the '.minecraft' folder]
    If you don't have your Minecraft launcher in a folder, please move it into one or create a folder for it.

2] Open Notepad

3] In notepad, you should now write one of the following lines of code...

2 Gigs:
    Code:
    java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar "Minecraft.exe"

4 Gigs:
    Code:
    java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar "Minecraft.exe"
    Now, what this does is that it allows Minecraft to run with a expanded RAM amount, not the varied amount given when you boot the game.

4] Save the file as, 'Minecraft ?GB RAM.bat'. '.bat' files are batch files and this is what you double click when booting the game, this also explains why it has to be in the same folder as Minecraft.

5] Now run and test.

==OptiFine HD D5 Mod==

A wonderful mod created by sp614x. The OptiFine HD D5 Mod is what Muti-Core users need if they want Minecraft to run easier on their systems. This is also a must for those who want to use HD Texture Packs without the patcher or the fact they have older computers. Yes, this mod makes older computers be able to run Minecraft at a easier processor rate.

C7CkN.png

As you see, only Ultra has the Muti-Core, but if your PC is older. All you need is Basic with ModLoader and you are good to go!

More Info and the Mod's Download can be found on it's MinecraftForums thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...d5-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

Back