• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firefox Question

Jirachi Master

I can walk AND talk!
Years
  • I just downloaded Firefox yesterday, but I have some questions about it. Every time I go into it, a window comes up saying, "Would you like you set Firefox as your delfault browser?". what does that mean? Another thing is, sometimes when I try to go to a website, it says, "The Web page does not exist. Check your url and try again", or something like that. I am 100% sure that the page exists and has the correct url. Why does this happen? It doesn't happen every, time since I am on Firefox as I type this.

aaaaaa

Default Browser basically means that Windows will associate that browser with everything you do web related. Think carefully before checking yes, becuase especailly with Firefox, it can be a pain to get it to reliniquish control

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Jirachi Master said:
    I just downloaded Firefox yesterday, but I have some questions about it. Every time I go into it, a window comes up saying, "Would you like you set Firefox as your delfault browser?". what does that mean? Another thing is, sometimes when I try to go to a website, it says, "The Web page does not exist. Check your url and try again", or something like that. I am 100% sure that the page exists and has the correct url. Why does this happen? It doesn't happen every, time since I am on Firefox as I type this.
    'Do you want to set FireFox as your Default Browser?' means
    Do you want FireFox to be the most used, and generic browser for your computer?

Like, if you are reading a document on your computer, and it gives a hyperlink, it should open FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.

And also on the start menu, by default(the original or recomended settings), it should say Internet Explorer, but if you set Firefox as the default browser, it will show FireFox instead of Internet explorer.

Basically, setting FireFox as the default browser will make FireFox do anything that IE would usually do.

I don't know if I could have made this more simple, but I'm just really bad at explaining some things. I suggest moving to Opera though XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    'Do you want to set FireFox as your Default Browser?' means
    Do you want FireFox to be the most used, and generic browser for your computer?

Like, if you are reading a document on your computer, and it gives a hyperlink, it should open FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.

And also on the start menu, by default(the original or recomended settings), it should say Internet Explorer, but if you set Firefox as the default browser, it will show FireFox instead of Internet explorer.

Basically, setting FireFox as the default browser will make FireFox do anything that IE would usually do.

I don't know if I could have made this more simple, but I'm just really bad at explaining some things. I suggest moving to Opera though XD
    Sometimes Windows refuses to switch that over in the Start Menu though and you have to do it manually by right clicking it. And ugh, one time I had MYIE2 default, I could never get it to give it up, no matter what I tried. >< This was back on the old computer, and my mom LOATHES tabs. This became a problem. >_>

You still having that other problem? o_O

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • With the site being down, just hit "refresh" and it should work if it is up. If you want to stop it asking if you want it to be default browser click on Tools > Options on the General tab and uncheck the box.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Sometimes Windows refuses to switch that over in the Start Menu though and you have to do it manually by right clicking it. And ugh, one time I had MYIE2 default, I could never get it to give it up, no matter what I tried. >< This was back on the old computer, and my mom LOATHES tabs. This became a problem. >_>

You still having that other problem? o_O
    Wow, I have never experianced that problem...

Back