• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than 6 Pokémon in your party?

Years
  • While everyone is saying the number of gyms and badges and all that good stuff that could be incoporated into the game. I cant help but think about the # of pokemon in your party. in previous games they had 6 which normally isnt a bad thing but sometimes if i want a certain pokemon i find it annoying making room for them. also with hm slaves, have more then 6 slots can free up favorite pokemon who you dont want to be a hm slave.

thoughts? concerns? comments?

ps im going with the grass starter all the way

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I don't think that they would change the number of Pokémon able to be in your party so far in the series...

Years
  • maybe not but it would really change things up a bit, imagine your rival having 8 pokemon and you having 8 pokemon, and dont forget gym leaders and the elite 4 each having 8 pokemon (any more then 8 would be gay).

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I doubt it. But I admit it would be (kinda) cool.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • maybe not but it would really change things up a bit, imagine your rival having 8 pokemon and you having 8 pokemon, and dont forget gym leaders and the elite 4 each having 8 pokemon (any more then 8 would be gay).

it would be diabolical and evil.

Wifi battles would be even more painful.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it'll always be to limit of 6 in one's party.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    While I'd LOVE to carry more Pokemon with me, it would seriously irk and irritate me, drive me to the point of insanity, and exhaust me when it comes to battling 8 on 8 throughout the game. It might come to point where its just too tiring and time consuming to play. It's not a good idea to carry more than 6.

But! I wish we could learn more than 4 moves per Pokemon. That would help a lot when it comes to HM slave Pokemon...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Usually I find it hard to train a party of 6..Having more could be nice since I wouldn't have to limit my pokemon that I can hold on me, but it would be horrible having to train them all. I'd prefer it if we could just get pokemon from the PC through the new poketch/pokenav-type thing that we will have in b&w. That way if I wanted to train multiple pokemon at once I could just send some to the PC, withdraw a few others and train them without having to even go back to the pokemon center.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    since i only train 2-3 people anyway, and i only need a max of 3 hm slaves, i think 6 is perfect. as for competitive, it would kill it.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • This doesn't make sense at all.. Pokémon B/W may have some news and improvements, but this goes totally agaisnt the tradictions of Pokémon! It will never happen, for sure.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I like having Six Pokemon. That way I have The Ace, The Lancer, The Big Guy, The Smart One, The Chick, and The Sixth Ranger.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Changed the thread title slightly so that it doesn't look like the title of another thread. :p Hopefully it'll discourage people from reporting it as a duplicate when it's not.

And on-topic, I think any more than 6 Pokémon would be imbalanced... though I personally wouldn't mind at all since I wouldn't have to worry about running out of room for Pokémon I like on my team.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I really doubt it, tbh. As some people above me said, it'd make it quite a pain for the competitive battlers. But yeah, tbh, I'm not bothered. I'm not a competitive player, after all. xD;

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    More moves would be great, but eight pokemon is not needed since sometimes just not having the pokemon I need reminds me to go to the pokemon center. On my DSI i have a level 87 Empoleon, and its nearly indistructable so I forget to go to the pokemon center and restore its PP haha good thing I haven't fought the Elite Four and made that mistake :P

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Little known Fact: Did you know that in the development stages of Ruby and Saphire, they planned for there to be more than 6 party pokemon and more than 4 moves, they actually considered this idea, honestly!

Back