• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#7: The Nido Monarchy

Which Nido evolution do you prefer?

• Total voters

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
  • Nidoking is beating Nidoqueen soundly at the moment... whoa. Guess people like going for offense more than defense?

Anyway, going to go with Nidoking myself. I love both of the poisonous reptile/rabbit hybrids, and both of their respective lines (some of my favourite Poison-types actually) but I prefer Nidoking to Nidoqueen. It's probably that aforementioned offensive to defensive thing, mostly, although Nidoking does look a good deal more intimidating, too.

Years
  • I like Nidoqueen better of the two, mainly because I love the blue color better than purple. But hey, both are still very awesome in their own right.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I remember in blue I tried to raise both, but when it came to picking just one, I picked Nidoking. I'm grateful I did, because he was my powerhouse over the span of Blue, Silver, and Fire Red and later Soul Silver. Such a tank all around!

Years
  • Wow, I expected to Nidoking to be slightly more popular, but not by as wide of a margin as that!

I myself voted for Nidoking as well, seeing as I don't worry about defensive stats as much as I do the offensive ones in battle. While I actually like Nidoran-F and Nidorina better, something about Nidoking's design really catches my eye, especially how well the purple color looks on it.

Remember, even though this week of voting is over, you can still continue to post in this thread even if it's been destickied! Look out for our next POTW, as that should be up very shortly!

Years
  • Nidoking really looks like he could mess you up so I'll go for him. Better offensive stats and he's fairly strong to boot.. certainly wouldn't want to take a punch from him to the face. :P Though as far as colors go I highly prefer Nidoqueen's blue!

But agreed with Jamais - figured Nidoqueen would be a little closer in votes. What a gap.

Back