• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contestation

Years

• CONTENTS

[alink id=info]I N F O R M A T I O N[/alink id]
    [alink id=guide]G U I D E L I N E S[/alink id]
    [alink id=rules]R U L E S[/alink id]
    [alink id=con]C O N C L U S I O N[/alink id]

[a id]info[/a id]

I N F O R M A T I O N

In simple terms Contestation is a chance for the amateur game developers of PC to get together and compete against eachother in an all out game making match off.

The idea of Contestation is to give people a total of one week, and one week only.
    During this one week period you will be creating a game by the provided materials given to you; by the end of the week the entrants are required to submit their game in the Contestation thread; failure to do so will result in disqualification.

After submission all games will be rated by one or more judges. These judges will, of course, be specifically picked by myself.
    The three best game will be featured in the Contestation Hall of Fame.

[a id]guide[/a id]

G U I D E L I N E S

Each Contestation will feature its own theme, set of materials, and rules. You are required to abide by these.

[a id]rules[/a id]

R U L E S

1. You must follow the guidelines that are provided in the Contestation thread.
    2. All games must stick to the theme and the materials provided in each Contestation thread (unless otherwise stated)
    3. You may not steal from another entry. Users caught doing so will be disqualified and will be unable to participate in future Contestations.
    4. If the game is made in RPG Maker XP you are obliged to include the necessary files for the judges to be able to open it.

The rules may be updated without notice.
    Failure to follow the rules (or the guidelines) will result in disqualification. There is no excuse to not having read them.

[a id]con[/a id]

C O N C L U S I O N

If there is anything you wish to know feel free to ask in this thread and I will get around to answering you.
    Posts in this thread that have no relevancy will be deleted.

Contestation is still in the planning stages and it may take awhile before the first one will take place.
    This thread may be revised during the planning.

Last edited:

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
    Years
  • This sounds really cool, and like something I would enjoy doing. However, I have a few questions:

Would these projects be Pokemon related, or just RPG's in general? For that matter, would they be RPG's at all?

About how many people could be on a team? Can someone work alone?

Can these be in XP, or do they have to be in 2k/2k3? Or can we use whatever we want?

Anyways, this sounds cool. Sign me up!

Years
  • rebellee1187 said:
    Would these projects be Pokemon related, or just RPG's in general? For that matter, would they be RPG's at all?
    Each Contestation has its own theme. These themes have no relation to Pokémon.
    About how many people could be on a team? Can someone work alone?
    This is designed to be a one-man (or woman) contest, to see who can make the best game individually, in seven days.
    Can these be in XP, or do they have to be in 2k/2k3? Or can we use whatever we want?
    The maker used will be specified in each Contestation. Some may use 2K (or 2K3) while others will use XP; or even Sphere.
    Anyways, this sounds cool. Sign me up!
    There won't be any sign-ups just yet. As stated in my post,

Contestation is still in the planning stages and it may take awhile before the first one will take place.
    This thread may be revised during the planning.

I will make an announcement when the first Contestation launches. In the mean time I'll be using this thread as a reference.

I'll try, sounds cool....................
    If you can't make a post that is atleast 25 characters; then don't make one. Regardless of content.

Last edited:
    Back