• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wanted: Kamikaze Co-Pilot for 1st gen spending spree.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Hey guys, I am one of those guys that can't put a limit on what i spend on Pokemon card collecting and could EASILY exceed 1k on random transaction(s) haha.

I am looking for a person(s) (more then one, more the merrier), boy or girl is irrelevant that is going through the same activity directed towards these 1st generation cards. I don't want your money or even go halves in something it's basically like team building, help with decisions, idea's, advice giving and going through one hell of a journey.

I want to be felt like I am not alone on this there is someone that has that same passion for money can't buy attitude that would buy 1st edition booster packs, individual cards or just have a higher priority for the 1st generation stuff (anything up to the neo sets).

I am not asking someone who normally wouldn't to break their bank, It's just someone who is in a financial situation to do it and has the passion to not second guess their transactions (generally speaking).

Again it's a spiritual journey and to make a good friend... Financial transfer between one person to another. I am NOT interested in.

It's probably a massive longshot cause i am probably a massive idiot for blowing money on pokemon cards haha but i think there is probably someone out there similar.

Thanks heaps, Gotta catch e'm all

Ftp44 :).

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2013
    Not sure if they are real but there is some 1st edition neo destiny booster boxes on ebay going for:
    $2,800 buy it now
    $2,555 buy it now
    Others going for 700$+ but they are not images of the actual product so I would request that first.
    I wouldn't spend that lmao, I saw a first edition base set booster box on eBay about 4 days ago on auction, it sold for for £4100 or something, thts like $6500? you do the maths lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, I saw one go for $5,500 not long ago and $6,100 last week, he sniped it in the last few seconds sitting at 6,000 for 1 week lol.

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • I don't exactly understand your purpose to this post. Are you asking for people to be your financial adviser when it comes to the best transaction of older Pokemon sets or are asking for a "combined" collection with people around the world to put all their cards together in one big Poole of awesomeness ?

Personally I own the majority of first edition base set card, Jungle and Fossil..why because I was a kid who collected when they first came out ?

They are not WORTH anything in money, but they hold a lot of childhood memories which is why they are not for sale or trade.

The older cards aren't worth a huge amount and if you are planning to collect them due to sentimental value then you will have to accept that you may spend a lot more than the cards were originally worth.

DO NOT buy booster boxes, they are overvalued due to being sealed products which are no longer in manufacturing process.

You're better off just trading or buying singles off eBay, going to car boot/garage/jumble sales or charity shops.
    Even players at your local league may not even want their older cards and may easily part with them if you offer them a fair amount for them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    All I want is a mate and someone to talk pokemon and is going through the same experience.

I do realise buying cards in singles is often cheaper but that is kind of a boring way to do it. You can't put a price on Nostalgia so in saying that a currency limit doesn't exist.

Back