• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Subtle Meanings

Years
After looking at it a bit more and thinking more it I think I have changed to thinking we might be seeing Life vs Death which does surprise me but pokemon themes have certainly become more deep as the series has progressed I'm thinking this will mean we have people who want immortality turning up also (as someone on another thread stated)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
The theme can be deep, but it does not with story. BW are decent at best. Maybe it because truth vs ideal is something hard to elaborate. Life and Death are much easier, I hope the don't mess this one up.

Years
Well we seem to have genetics as a theme this time around and genetics is about reproducing, passing on traits - genes - from one generation to another so the theme could be something revolving around that. That has a kind of an "Old vs. New" feel to it, like perhaps a confrontation between traditions and people who want to keep them and pass them on and people who want to branch out into new areas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
We sort of had a traditional/nature vs expansion/technology theme in BW.

I was thinking from the looks of the legendaries, perhaps strength vs wisdom. If the double-helix in the Japanese logos is any indication, along with the whole "X and Y chromosome" thing, another possibility could be masculine vs feminine which, if done correctly, could hold all sorts of political intrigue, if Game Freak wants to take the series that far.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
If the X and Y are from the chromosomes, then I do think we will be having a genetics theme again. As people have said before me, it'll probably be genetically modified Pokémon vs natural Pokémon. If it is, I'm all for it because it sound like an interesting and exciting theme.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, we could see a more scientific, genetic altering team with X and Y. I think X and Y either represents:

The axes on a graph, or the chromosomes that distinguish boys (XX) from girls (XY). I've been thinking about this too, and it would even be cool if we could see an evil group return like Team Rocket. Nevertheless, I hope the evil group is more scientific as well.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y probably represents the chromosomes or it could possibly mean width and height. The team could be called Team Genetic, seeing as the games seem like they'd have a story about genetic kind of stuff.

Either way, it sounds like it's going to have a great storyline to it. ^^

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I myself, am leaning more towards the possibility that these games can represent biology in general, but, as I came to learning more and more about these games, a lot of people have quite interesting theories! Like in a thread I made about Dimensions in space, maybe x & y can represent the 3D axis, which can correspond with dimensions, or in mathematics in some way.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
The natural pokémon vs. manufactured pokémon theory is very interesting (not to mention topical, with humans likely to bond themselves closer and closer to computers as the years go on). I think it has absolutely tonnes of potential. The evil team could believe that natural pokémon are so last year or whatever. I had an idea where Yveltal was a formerly natural pokémon that the evil team mechanized and you use Xerneas to save it but obviously that can't happen with both legends being exclusive to one version.

Still, an evil team who thinks the only way for the human race to advance is to create their own pokémon has lots of potential. I'll be disappointed if the story doesn't at least partly revolve around that, now.

Back