• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I've encountered a bug in the Pokemon catching Area system (in the pokedex)
I don't know if it's fixed in the newest release, because I don't use the newest release..
but I have 2 regions in my game, so two region maps aswell
If I take a look at where I can catch a voltorb i.e.. and I can only catch it on the second region map but it also shows it like I can catch it on the other region map aswell.. but that's not the case..!

PokéMaKeR

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Code:
Pokemon Hall Of Fame
---------------------------
Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long.  The game will restart.
WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:688:in `update'
WindowAndTilemap:1535:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:91:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

My friend told me that he gets this error frequently but not always when walking into another map. I don't have this error in my computer so I'm confused with it. Please tell me what's wrong with this and is there a way to fix it. Besides, why this error happens to some people but not to everyone and why it doesn't occur all the time but for sometimes?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
What file stores the game save in Pokemon Essentials?

the save file is called game.rxdata. rpg maker xp creates this saved format and as far as i know it can't be manually editted without ruining the save.

Code:
Pokemon Hall Of Fame
---------------------------
Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long.  The game will restart.
WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `refresh_autotiles'
WindowAndTilemap:688:in `update'
WindowAndTilemap:1535:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:91:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

My friend told me that he gets this error frequently but not always when walking into another map. I don't have this error in my computer so I'm confused with it. Please tell me what's wrong with this and is there a way to fix it. Besides, why this error happens to some people but not to everyone and why it doesn't occur all the time but for sometimes?

it's quite possible that he doesn't have rpgmxp installed on his computer meaning that he wouldn't have the required .dll file for some ruby scripts. it's usually called RGSS102E.dll or something to that effect. i believe it can be found in the folder you installed rpgmxp to or can just do a file search for it. once you find the .dll file, just put in the same folder as your game. this might just solve your problem.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
the save file is called game.rxdata. rpg maker xp creates this saved format and as far as i know it can't be manually editted without ruining the save.

it's quite possible that he doesn't have rpgmxp installed on his computer meaning that he wouldn't have the required .dll file for some ruby scripts. it's usually called RGSS102E.dll or something to that effect. i believe it can be found in the folder you installed rpgmxp to or can just do a file search for it. once you find the .dll file, just put in the same folder as your game. this might just solve your problem.

Thanks for this answer and I'll inform my friend about the solution.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I may have a weird question to ask. How can I manage to create a pokemon with special ability in this game. For instance, in Pokemon Crystal the Dratini you obtain from an elder learns extremespeed, which is generally not learned by any Dratini in Pokemon Video game. I'd also like to create a special crystal Onix(Steel and Water type) in Sunburst Island, which is completely different from the other Onix. Please help.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I may have a weird question to ask. How can I manage to create a pokemon with special ability in this game. For instance, in Pokemon Crystal the Dratini you obtain from an elder learns extremespeed, which is generally not learned by any Dratini in Pokemon Video game. I'd also like to create a special crystal Onix(Steel and Water type) in Sunburst Island, which is completely different from the other Onix. Please help.

I'm not sure about it, but one solution can be creating an other onix with a new pokedex entry.. else I don't have a clue

PoKéMaKeR

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
within the file pictures you have three background things:
Playerbase ( place where pokemon stands on)
Enemy base ( place where enemy stands on)
and the background blocks ( background )

Years
I've got a problem.

I think that Pokemon give too much experience. For example : when my Chikorita lvl9 kill a Geodude lvl 9, chikorita go lvl 10 (50%). After (it's my first gym) when he kill an Onix lvl 9, he go lvl 12...

Isn't it too much ? How can I change the growth rate, to make him more realistic.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I got an error with using the animation editor and it looks ridiculous:
Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
BitmapCache:367:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:392:in `animation'
PokemonAnimEditor:1034:in `loadAnimation'
PokemonAnimEditor:1006:in `initialize'
PokemonAnimEditor:2611:in `new'
PokemonAnimEditor:2611:in `animationEditorMain'
PokemonAnimEditor:2790:in `pbAnimationEditor'
PokemonDebug:901:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:901:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonDebug:901:in `pbDebugMenu'

Please help...

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
That's great and all poccil, but I'm currently just starting to work on developing a game that makes use of D/P sprites and tiles. Does this starter kit still apply or what? I'm sorry I'm so nooby.. =_='

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Well im using this starter kit with KYLEDOVES custom Sinnoh set, and im using normal D/P NPC and Overworld sprites. So yes, this can be done with the SK. Just need to add in the NEW tiles/sprites ETC.

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Well im using this starter kit with KYLEDOVES custom Sinnoh set, and im using normal D/P NPC and Overworld sprites. So yes, this can be done with the SK. Just need to add in the NEW tiles/sprites ETC.

No way, really!?

I hate to sound like a complete and utter annoying noob, but can you help me with the scripting?? I had no idea that the starter kit could have the D/P tiles and such! I just can't script if my life depended on it... if I'm not too much of a bother, do you think you can help me with my project? As in... be a part of my unfinished team? =d

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2009
Im kinda new, and i was wondering if there was any way to like make it so that it all the info thats usualy in the trainer card and make it so it apears in the PokeGear in the part when you first open it. And like get rid of the trainer card. For exaple see attachments.

If anyone can help they will be credited if they want and thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back