• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild Encounter Battle Music

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to play a different battle music if you encounter a specific pokemon.

So for example, if the pokemon (which you randomly encounter) is a pidgey, play the regular music. But if the pokemon you encounter is a (rare and random encountered) pidgeot, play the hyper-ultra-cool-look-out-for-the-dangerous-pokemon-music.

Although I did find some stuff about changing music, or even battle music, I did not find something yet to change the music upon encountering a specific pokemon. Thank you for your help in advance!

Regards,

dexter1o6

EDIT:

I solved the problem in a for me effective but somewhat sloppy way. For those who gave me advise: thanks again!

The script change changes the music when you encounter a wild pokemon of a level equal to or higher then the highest level the first pokemon in 'encounters.txt' can have, in case of the example in my next post, this would be level 24.
In PokemonEncounters:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
You could implement this via script and add conditions but that'll take time depending on your skill. A lame unusual way you could do this would be create an event that was set to player touch and have an encounter. You could modify the music that way by screen tone changes, bgm change, etc. and have the event set to like a certain time of day switch and variable to make it more uncommon and have it set to a random movement in the area with boundaries set if it collides with invisible events, etc. It's lame and no one should ever do something like that but it is a possible solution.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I know the easy way, but I want it to react upon encountering a pokemon set in PBS\\encounters.txt.

So for example, this is the encounterlist as set in the text file (I have altered the scripts to allow more (rare) pokemon in one area, that's why the list is so long):

Spoiler:

As you can see, most pokemon are below level 10, but there is a small chance you might encounter a pidgeot of around level 40.

When encountering pidgeot, I want the music to be different. I understand this may/will include changing some scripts, but you may consider me skilled.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Check def pbWildBattle and notice that it mentions pbGetWildBattleBGM. It does what it says on the tin.

You can edit def pbGetWildBattleBGM to do what you want. It's up to you to decide how/when you want to change the battle music (depending on species/map/both/etc.).

Back