• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much Longer Do You Think You Will Still Be Interested In Pokémon?

How much longer do you think you'll like Pokémon?

• 1 year or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 11-20 years

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • More than 20 years

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • I don't think I'll lose interest in it..
    See? When I finished Crystal a long time ago, I discovered Ruby. Then, after that, Diamond. After Diamond, I ventured into FireRed. Then, I went back to Ruby. After that, restarted Crystal. Now I'm playing Pearl. And soon, when Platinum is out, I'd probably try that. And then, I'm afraid I'll go through the cycle again, maybe Emerald, Gold, who knows? Even after they stopped making Pokemon games, I'd still play again and again, and the movies that I own, that too won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • If they continue to have the same storyline over and over again, I see myself completely losing interest in Pokemon after two more gens or so. You can only redo something so many times...

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Well, my motive for playing them is they're fun, so I see myself playing them for as long as they bring them out. How long that will be all depends on what kind of inspiration the creators have for new Generations, and the like.

Here's to hoping the storyline has some changes, though. Basically, domination has been the complete focus from them all.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'll be honest. 2-5 more years i expect. college is coming up and i'll probably lose interest somewhere along the line. I may check up on it to see what's going on but I may stop with the games.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • It all depends where life takes em and what happens to the pokemon franchise. I'll probably play competitively as long as I can, but the fact that I am not crazy about the DP metagame means that I might lose interest.

My guess is 2-5 years. But I'll never forget pokemon, regardless of when I lose interest.

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
  • Forever.

Or, as a completely rational answer, a year or so after they stop producing entertainment pertaining to the series.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • The truth is - I can't judge because I don't know. But just estimating on the subject, I'd say 2-5 years. Pokemon is great, it's awesome. But I can't see me as a 20 or 40 year old still playing the PKMN games. D:

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • I've started to think the series will end, although there are increasing amounts of good spin-offs (like Ranger, which I really liked)

And the fact is, even if some hardcore gamers think Pokémon is getting old, it still sells by the bucketloads, so when I think of it that way, I don't think it'll be over for a while.

My only worry is having to suppress my feelings for the series while I'm at uni XD Not too good with people, I don't wanna get less social than I already am!

Years
  • Hard to say really. I tend to have phases of Pokemon at the moment. I'll play religiously for a couple of months, then stop playing completely for a few months before returning back.

But right now I've settled down and will just battle as and when I feel like it. It's far more enjoyable for me that way. Just a few battles a week. Battling 10+ times a day was a bit of overkill to be honest.. and the fact I was losing was making me more stressed about it.

Right now I have no plans to ever quit, but you can never say never. I'll have to start working around this time next year, so it could depend a lot on that. Though Pokemon isn't my whole life, just something I love playing.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I lost interest in the show long ago and never got into the cards.
    It's the games I've always been interested in, anything else to do with Pokemon is just... meh

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    As long as it exists I'd say. Pokemon was part of my childhood, and it will always stay with me forever as a memory. But for the huge part, I'll play the games until I find something else to do. Which will result in me getting bored of that and then back to Pokemon! :P

To put a time span on how long I will be interested in something is like saying I'll get over a girl I like tomorrow, next month or next year. It aint gonna happen! lol

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • I've liked Pokemon for a long time, since it ever came out. All my friends have 'grown out' of it, and even though I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be about it, Pokemon tends to be a small subject of interest for me. I find the games enjoyable and challenging, and the Pokemon themselves (the older ones, especially) are really cute and captivating with their designs. I don't think I'll ever lose my interest, even when I get too busy to spend a large amount of time on Pokemon, I believe that my initial love for it will never really fade away =D

Back