• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever made one mistake that's cost you everything?

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    Hey folks!

I've recently just joined onto the Pokémon X&Y Beta Competition on the Global Link... it's my first time double battling (I prefer & am used to single) so I wasn't expecting to do brilliantly buuuuuuuut it took me up until 2 hours before the tournament to finally get the Klefki I was looking for (thanks StCardinal). After EV training I was in such a rush to start battling I completely forgot to add Reflect.

I am now 0-4 pretty much purely destroyed by physical sweepers I could easily have nullified down.

Has anyone else ever messed up this big? Or am I alone in my epic stupidness? :D

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Nah, I'm pretty sure I've done stupid ♥♥♥♥ before too.

Years
  • Spent a long time breeding the perfect Iron Fist Chimchar. EV trained it, got all its moves right, trained to level 60.
    Realised, it had Blaze. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHECK THE ABILITY AS WELL AS IV'S YOU MORON.

Years
  • I receive from wonder trade a protean froakie timid nature. I thought it has perfect IV (didn't check) so I did for the first time the super training.... well I end up unlocking everything and train all the Evs (took 2 hours since I didn't have a single idea of what I was doing). Then, when the froakie was fully trained I checked his IV it had Special Defence as 31....

Sneakyarrow

Pokemon Breader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    That reminds me of the time when I was breeding my Raichu. I got a Pichu with all the IVs I needed, then I was in such a rush to make him "perfect", I neglected to level him up enough to learn Electro Ball. Time to breed Pikachus again...

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • I've done plenty, but one time I used Earthquake against a Gyarados instead of Toxic with my Gliscor. If I had done Toxic, I would have won, since it had 1 HP and we both had no other pokemon. D:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    When I first beat XY and started battling I vastly underestimated Xerneas and was not carrying any Poison or Steel moves on my team. I mean who carried those moves in Gen 5? Only when you lacked a better option. I know we received the new table and I should have prepared but this was a stupid mistake lol.

Now this Xerneas had to have been Bold running 252 HP, 252 Def with Leftovers because I could not hammer this thing down with ANYTHING!! Geomancy obviously boosting it's SDef to stupid levels. Regardless I fought hard trying to bring it down, it fully boosted and swept my entire team.

The worst part of the story? I swept the rest of his team without losing anything. We were 6-1 when Xerneas came out. Damn that Fairy Deer!! Bambi must die!!

Back