• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Hey everyone sorry the update has taken so long, but FMP says that it will be up this Friday Guarenteed. We were talking on MSN and he realized a few things looked odd so he went to change back them. I hope everyone's ready for what's in store this Friday. :D

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
it's ok if the update is a little late i mean no one has done a good digimon fan game, so we can wait. just don't wait too long though I want to see what's there too, and as for the multiple save files that's awesome i can't wait. How many save files will it support though.

The game currently supports 2 ;)

Cool multiple save files also I was wondering if
this game will support game pad computer controllers
I really like using the controllers for the computer better
than using a keyboard

hmm...I'm not to sure about that, although it would be a good idea to implement. I'll see what I can do about that later.

Yay, new update! the silouhetes look really nice, I just can't wait for the sprites to be finished. Great job, keep up the good work!

Thank you very much Mulch

ermrmm.....the suspense for the game is killin mehhhhhhhhh

lol Well don't worry It's going along at a great pace

Quite the impressive game. I am glad that so many people put the banners in their signatures, otherwise I wouldn't have known of this game. I've always been fond of Digimon, but I could never find a game that I felt was "good enough" to play, bar the original Digimon World on Playstation X. I look forward to the demo.

Thank You Arcelio, I'm glad you like it. Also I'm not sure if you've been here before but welcome to the Game developement section of the forums ;)

Hey everyone sorry the update has taken so long, but FMP says that it will be up this Friday Guaranteed. We were talking on MSN and he realized a few things looked odd so he went to change it. I hope everyone's ready for what's in store this Friday.
Thanks alot for keeping everyone on their toes Ryu.

logo.png

UPDATE

Alright, I think it's very important that I apologize to everyone that was looking forward to the update last week, but I had a busy week at that time lol...Everything was so confusing, but nonetheless. I have an update up and ready that should catch the eye of everyone ;)

The New Titlescreen V2

Well anyone that knows me knows that I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times and will go back and redo something quite a few times before I finalize it soooo with that said, I've worked on a new Titlescreen for Alpha but it's only V2 since I'm still learning how to script a bit of things(but just a few) haven't been put into the titlescreen so it's still a WIP IMO, but I think the Final should be in next update If I can find the script commands for what I'm attempting to do, I hope you'll like it and Comments/crit is always appreciated.

That's YOUR room

This is one of those perfection things I try to do, alright so I looked back at the room and felt that It just didn't have a Digimon feel to it, and of course it didn't because it had to much Megaman in it, So I tried to redo the room once again, and I really like how this one turned out because It looks alot more Digimonish.

better.png

From left To right: Males room, Females room...Well...I'm pretty sure that didn't need explaining did it? I apologize lol

The Females Digimon

Yep I know you've all been waiting for this one Right? RIGHT?! Yeah I'm right lol. anyway This is the females Partner. You'll have to excuse the color choice, I'm still a bit poor at color choice so consider this the concept, I do believe I'm finally getting down the Official Digimon shading style however. I hope you'll give me honest crit on this one.

FemaleDigimon.png

A bit of explanation to the Digimon you see...Cardinamon is actually a royal plant like Digimon that Digivolves into the Bird/plant; Tobimasumon...Kinda weird huh? Well then again... it's Digimon so I guess it's a bit normal. I however love the concepts though, they look amazing.

Hmmm...something's missing here...Oh that's right, the ultimate form. I haven't shown that one to you all so here it is
;)
Spoiler:

The Kidomon Battlesprite

As you may have guessed, this is the First official Battlesprite we've done for Alpha that will be introduced in the game and battlesystem the first time you're sucked into the Digital world if you're the male, for the female You'll be using Cardinamon of course.

Kidomonsprite.png

So you've fixed the Events?

I finally got the Females Event finished as well as the males, this isn't the introduction into the game, this is actually the second event to take place. If you look at the first picture of each of the events You'll see that they're mumbling about something in their sleep...I wonder why? lol

MaleEvent.png
FemaleEvent.png

As you can see. there's a lesson in both of these Events...for the Males event...Don't oversleep when you have a female best friend. You may just get hit in the head if you've planned something and you're not awake and ready to go ;)

For the Female...Don't go into her room while she's asleep and wake her up...You're going to get hit ;) lol alright maybe that's not the case at all for anyone, but it's sure fun to see in a game right?

Gender Selection script

Oh wow, yeah before I forget, I've finally gotten around to editing the script for the gender selection for when you start a new game. It turned out rather well and really
flows with the titlescreen. I hope you like it.

So that's what they look like?

So is anyone curious as to what the Mega forms of the Male and Female Digimon look like? Would you like to see? Well alright, but Only a silhouette we don't want to spoil to much ;)

Megasillouhettefemale.png
Megasillouhette.png

The Mega forms of Kidomon and Cardinamon I hope they keep you drooling with anticipation because they sure look great ;). Oh before I go. I forgot that we actually have a few more Digi-fakes to show, I just haven't sprited them so they're in a folder currently until I get around to them.

Well that's all I've got for you all For this update, I really appreciate everyone waiting so patiently for it. As always Comments and Crit are appreciated.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
AWSOME, the scripts are looking good, the gender selection is nice and simple, And those mega forms....*drools* Ones of them looks like a royal knight type digimon...

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
this looks amazing, i hope you stick with it, i look forward to playing it :)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow... just... just... *drools*

This is looking so amazing, I love everything about it from the scripting to the overworld style. I- *drools some more*- am so jealous right now... I wish you guys luck, I'm really excited for this game!

*drools until dies of dehydration*

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
sweet update, i can't wait to see all those new digimon.

funny event by the way i love the fact that you have some similarities between them though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
wooooow.
That is so impressive and i don't know a thing about Digimon.
The, digimon concepts? looks great!
Are you designing these yourself?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
AWSOME, the scripts are looking good, the gender selection is nice and simple, And those mega forms....*drools* Ones of them looks like a royal knight type digimon...

Lol Thanks alot DarkAchu, and Do they really? 0_o Ryu Get the bunnies...He knows to much -_-' We're going to have to take this one out as well.

lol Very Megamanny. Anyways I hope you do a good job with the cards.(I love the one in DW3 style, so if you use that one, itd be awesome. If not I rly wanna see what you choose)

Ha ha ha Thanks and You and me both man ;) We haven't really talked about the card battle system nor the the style they'll be sprited in so that wont be fore a while.

this looks amazing, i hope you stick with it, i look forward to playing it :)

Thanks alot I'm glad you like it ;)

Wow... just... just... *drools*

This is looking so amazing, I love everything about it from the scripting to the overworld style. I- *drools some more*- am so jealous right now... I wish you guys luck, I'm really excited for this game!

*drools until dies of dehydration*

Ha ha ha Thanks a ton Yuoaman! I'm happy that you like what we've rolled out so far.

By the way...I would give you meh water but it's like 100 something Degress here everyday so I'd roast -_-'

sweet update, i can't wait to see all those new digimon.

funny event by the way i love the fact that you have some similarities between them though.

Thanks Monkeyboi lol Yeah I wanted them to have their own unique flair but close to each other.

Absolutely amazing!
I can't wait for the next update.

Thanks alot Ty.

wooooow.
That is so impressive and i don't know a thing about Digimon.
The, digimon concepts? looks great!
Are you designing these yourself?

Ha ha ha Thanks a ton Blazers, Nope I don't draw the concepts...well I only drew one which was Lacertamon, but the rest were drawn by Our concept artist; Shadypenpen. I just do the spriting. Oh speaking of concepts I forgot to mention a few things

OMEGAGROUDON Has joined the Team as a Digi-Fake Concept artist. We're very glad to have him on our team and he gave us 3 new Digimon to go along with his joining.

Regaurding a few comments that were left a while ago that I talked about using most likely which were the Digivice color change, and the clothes color change. We've thought up a fun way to implement the Digivice color change in the game for when you're sent to the Digital world, but I'm not going to ruin that for you. I'll leave that up to Likewise(El) since It was his Idea. I've also thought of a cool costume change Idea that I'm going to try to implement later on if I have the time ;)

I could have sworn there was more, but my attention span is pretty low so I'll think of them later lol

Years
For the kind of game you have, I would desperately want the DW3 version of cardbattle, the mechanic should be easy to get as well(as you could just rip it IMO)

But thats personally what I would love to see. Maybe other people have different opinions.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Update! You're right, the titlescreen is much better. The female partner sprite looks awesome, is that tongue? lol. Yeah the room looks superb. The computer's usable, right? Can't wait for the beta, keep up the good work

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
this game is gonna turn out sweet. I can't wait for the finished product. Gonna do alot of concept drawings.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
You were right on the money, F.M.P. I am new here. i actually came here in the first place to check out Digimon Alpha, since I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now that I have...I can't wait for the release!

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I've been watching a lot of digimon, like Data Squad (first time... finished in two days...), Frontier and Tamers too, and I remembered how I used to always want a Calumon... Could he be part of the game too? They had him in the original DS game which I just started playing today... Also, you should have a wiki, it'll let you post all of the confirmed digimon, and give us a bunch of answers among other things. If you're too busy, you can designate someone to edit it and keep track of everything you post here, and other info, and put it into the wiki... I'd use wikia:

wikia.com/wiki/Special:CreateWiki

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2009
First off I'd like to say that your game looks great so far, and I'm happy that someone is making a Digimon fangame, as almost all of the Digimon games released by Bandai were mediocre at best.

I'm wondering if all Digimon will be playable, and if so, don't you think it's more practical not to include battle sprites for each character? (like the guilmon one in your screenshot) Maybe it's just better to keep it first-person?

Anyway, good luck on your game, and I hope you have enough motivation to finish it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back