• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stencyl

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hey everyone, i don't know if anyone else here knows about this so i thought i would tell you all.

Stencyl is a new game development program that has been in the making for a few years now, there is no release date for it yet but from the looks of things it can't be far from completion.

Stencly uses "Kits" which can each make different types of games
    "Platform Kit" allows you to make games such as Mario.
    "Shooter Kit" allows for games such as Metroid.
    "RPG Kit" allows for games such as Final Fantasy, Zelda and Pokemon.
    "Strategy Kit" allows for games such as Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics.

It is also possible to make your own Kit's as well and also join parts of two kits together.
    And the best thing about it is it's free.

Wanna know more visit: http://www.stencyl.com/about/

Shadez

-
    Years
  • it looks really cool and nice to
    but they do like it that they have a free game development program :P
    i saw like five times in the about thing that it's free, only they said it different

but still looks nice
    i wonder how long it will take for it to come out

EDIT: just saw some of the videos it looks really good
    and especially things like megaman battle network
    i love to make a mmbn game
    and also how you make the games is really easy
    i'm so going to download this when it's ready

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks pretty cool, better than RMVX (I HATE the mapping). The only question I have is how are core components and systems handled for each kit. They don't really go into detail on it, but rather their version of the Eventing system.

Back