• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future team

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • Hey ya'll, I've done a lot of updating, I ditched Kingdra and Chomp. I will use my Dragonite that I already raised. I will post all of his stats below. I updated Bronzong with a different nature, EV spread, and moveset. So let me know if that one's suitable! 
    Dancing 'Nite, true classic and one of my favorites. 

Dragonite @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Adamant nature
    Trait: Inner Focus ----- Multiscale would be a lot better when dealing with Ice Beams, but I don't have the extra time to breed for it.
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch

I could go with Roost over Fire Punch, to recover Life Orb damage if I decide to run it.

I updated my Bronzong, went with Sassy instead of Relaxed because it had better IV's. Here's my Bronzong, which is complete with EV's and everything, just doesn't have all the moves. 
    Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Sassy nature
    Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP, 84 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Sp Defense

Gyro Ball
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic
    Explosion/dual screens

I love the Starmie that Ooka posted below (Thanks man!). I figure I would use Starmie over Gyarados, because I don't want another Poke on my team with 4X weaknesses. But the star is good and fast, he would be better than Kingdra.
    Starmie @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Timid nature
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EV's: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Sp. Defense

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

I am considering one or more of these Pokes...but I just don't know.
    Heatran, Gliscor, Gengar, Lucario, Magnezone, Weavile, Zapdos, Machamp. 
    It's all in the balance right now...however I do have my first 3 posted. Not a complete team, but it's way better than nothing at all. I will continue to update this post when I see a nice idea posted, or I think of one. But thanks to every one who has posted!

Also, I'd love to have a Celebi to begin with, let alone to have it on my competitive team. But Celebi is wayyy too hard to get outside of Wifi trading, which I don't have. And I don't want to hack the game with action replay.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • (I'm assuming this is an OU Gen V team?)

In the Gen V metagame, Garchomp is an Uber, which means you can't use it in OU. Salamence is the closest thing to Garchomp you can get:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Roost
    Nature: Naive/Naughty/Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Yache Berry
    Ability: Intimidate

TBH, Kingdra isn't good outside of Rain teams. Also, Smokescreen on a Choice set is a bad idea. How about Vaporeon to provide Wish support to your team?:
    -Wish
    -Scald
    -Protect
    -Toxic/Ice Beam/Roar
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb

Explosion got nerfed in Gen V, so don't use it on Bronzong. Use this EV spread with a Sassy nature to take special hits better: 252 HP/84 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef

Use a Bold nature on Blissey with 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

None of your Pokemon benefit from Sandstorm other than Bronzong (who's immune to it). Scrafty can make a good Dragon Dancer with its dual STABs:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    -Crunch
    -Taunt/Ice Punch/Drain Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie

If you want to keep Tyranitar, ditch Choice Scarf, since it locks you into DD if you choose to use it and replace it with Life Orb, Lum Berry or Leftovers.

Like Garchomp, Mewtwo is an Uber so you can't use it in OU too. Reuniclus (or Alakazam) is the next best thing in OU:
    Reuniclus:
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Recover
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard

Alakazam:
    -Substitute/Calm Mind
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Ability: Magic Guard/Synchronize

(these suggestions assume that this is a Gen V OU team. If you don't mind me asking, what generation are you playing in?)

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, computer had a virus.

This is a Gen IV team, not into the 5th Gen much. I have the EXACT same EV spread on a Sassy Bronzong! It's wild that you posted that, did you get that spread from Smogon? I kind of like Salamence, because it's fast and has an even higher base Attack stat than Chomp. But I have a question, Chomp is an Uber in Gen V, but what about Gen IV? Also, I love Alakazam as a filler from Mewtwo. While he's got worse stats, I feel he is A LOT more fair to use than Mewtwo, cause he is pretty deadly if used right. I also like the Vaporeon idea, it takes away the two Dragon weaknesses that I had. I might try that spread sometime.

Still, thanks very much for your tips! The EV spreads look great.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yup, I got that EV spread from Smogon. Also, Salamence is an Uber in Gen IV. So is Garchomp. So you'll have to use Dragonite instead using the Salamence set I posted.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Oh that just sucks....I was really falling in love with Garchomp's strategies. But I already have a 'Nite ready, so it'll just save more time. No perfect IV's though, accept for Sp. Defense. @ Lv 100 his max Attack is 388 and running an Adamant nature, which is pretty good overall...
    So I like Alakazam's move set like this, based on what you posted above:

Timid, @ Life Orb
    252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Synchronize

Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

I'll check out Vaporeon though, since that thing can put hurt on a lot of things.

Thanks again for your tips.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • Salamence and garchomp have 4x weakness to Ice. I like the Haxorus choice better. High attack also with access to Swords dance.

-Swords Dance
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

Call in Haxorus after a previous faint of yours and if you have seen a dragon type or someone with a move that could KO Haxorus, predict the switch in. Start with a Swords Dance to boost that attack then depending on who they bring in...Outrage for Dragon's and Heavy Hitters, Earthquake for those Steel-types. Equip him with a Lum Berry for Outrages after effects. Just a little favorite of mine.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Hm, it would probably be best if you updated the first post so we can see what your current team is. xD

But if I'm looking right, it's pretty solid now. Since it looks like you're going to train them all from Egg to EVs, I won't suggest many changes.

The obvious ones, Garchomp/Salamence and Mewtwo are Uber, so they'll have to be taken out.

Gyarados is a pretty easy one to breed and get the correct moves for, so I'd suggest it > Garchomp/Salamence:

Gyarados@Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

And Mewtwo would probably be best replaced with:

Starmie@Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Recover

Yeah they both add an Electric weakness, but Physical Electric Pokemon were pretty lacking 4th gen, and the ones that do work it decently get beaten by Zong (Electivire mainly). And Blissey will sponge all the Special attacks. If you don't like it, still yet, you could always use:

Celebi@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 220 Def / 34 Speed
    Grass Knot
    Recover
    Leech Seed
    HP Ice

Which would give you a nice Pokemon to defend you on the physical side of things, as well as take out Swampert and Gliscor.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Read top post - Updated.

I'm liking Lucario alot...sort of thinking of a Physical Swords Dancing Lucario.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Defense

Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch

Back