• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RTS Games

TY

RTS (or Real Time Strategy) games are games that require some thinking to win. In some games you control one person, in others you control a entire base. Anyways RTS's have been around for ages like every other game.

Do you like RTS games? If so, what is your favortrite RTS game and why? What is your least favorite RTS game? and why do you like RTS games so much?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't like RTS games, I tried to get involved when I was younger but just could not have fun with them. Being a really god RTS player though, takes tremendous skill. The only games that were RTS games that I liked mildly were Halo Wars and XCOM on Xbox 360.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm a Total War fan myself; been playing Rome II on and off since release. I prefer this alongside some 4Xs games over the AoE/C&C/Warcraft style since the base-building and actual military endeavours are far more seperate. I just don't want to deal with resource collectors and early rushes, it's annoying and I don't have the attentive mindset required to be good at it. Whenever any game has has 'fast-paced' on the back of its box I begin to doubt that I will enjoy it, and this is especially true of RTSs. Instead I prefer to manage a more realistic economy which actually feels like it belongs to a nation instead of a colony, and to use that to support organised armies/fleets/etc. I enjoy the opportunity to be defensive and careful, and have long-term strategies and paced campaigns, without suffering because of that. Something that always bothered me about 'traditional' RTSs is how units are... well, not units, they're ordered on an individual level and have the atrocious cohesion which comes with it. There's something far more inspiring about a 200-man unit acting as a single body than any display of single combat.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I love RTS games because you get to control the entire battlefield as opposed to one character. Most of the time I don't even try to beat the game. I mean I'll beat the campaign, but when I start a random battle I like to build up my base and forces and hold out for an extended period of time.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I don't like RTS games, I tried to get involved when I was younger but just could not have fun with them. Being a really god RTS player though, takes tremendous skill. The only games that were RTS games that I liked mildly were Halo Wars and XCOM on Xbox 360.

XCOM isn't RTS - It's TBS, Turn-Based Stratagy.

Anyway, I prefer RTS games. Favorite one is Battlezone II, a old hybrid RTS/FPS.

TY

My fave RTS game has to be good old Tiberian Sun, however Red Alert 2 and StarCraft are also really good ones, aswell as Age of Empires... Im a huge RTS-fan so i can name quite a lot games haha.

Back