• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon hack -Fakemon poll

pokemon hack with fakemon's should have ?

• original pokemon's with some fakemon's

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • only 151 all Fakemon's

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • only original pokemon ( No fakemon's)

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • 151 fakemon's and 234 original pokemon

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 151 fakemon's with some Gen 1 ,2 3, 4 and 5 (mixed)

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    I believe that If someone is going to use Fakemon they should look at them before using them and ask themselves. "Does it look like a three year old drew this?" I've seen some very good Fakemon, and I've seen some really bad Fakemon. What a good Fakemon is would be someone who worked months on them and didn't draw them together in 5 minutes and say done. So if you have all good fakemon then there is another issue. Did you use to many of the same type. That could be an issue as well. We don't want to many of one type. I saw this good rom with good fakes but it had to many flying types which is were the rom lacked.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    I think Fakemon mixed with Original Pokemon is a good idea. You could have the hack be all Fakemon, provided that they actually look good.

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    If you give a little of both, everyone can be happy. Plus, go for more then the 150 range. That seemed like plenty when we all played Gen 1, but now it feels limiting. I like knowing we can all have drastically different teams. With 151, you see a lot of repetition with the stronger pokemon.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    I just wish there was more effort put into the Fakemon who replace the real Pokemon, their own sizes, different catch/gender/growth rates, completely different movepool and typing, etc. Cries would be the most difficult thing to do, though personally I play roms with sound off. It's really time consuming to do the little nitpicky details, but it makes things so rewarding.

Years
  • Well, I think you could make it about half fakemon, and half pokemon, because filling the whole dex with fakemon is hard... believe me, it takes FORVER (I'm trying to fill a whole dex of fakemon... not working well)

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
    Years
  • I've played some games with fakemon in and two were horrible. The first has one fakemon but its so insanely unbalanced with the rest of the game that its possible to go through the whole game with only it and HM-slaves. The sprite for it is literaly Growlith with Seviper tail and a Marshtomp mohawk.
    The second has some very badly done fakemon. Their basicly original pokemon with a bad sprite shoehorned in. The moves are completely the same.
    The fakemon in Life of Guardians are quiet well done from the little I was able to play.
    I'm planning my own game and it's going to have a fakemon but this one is going to play an important role in the story. I think that's the best way to include them, as new elements in the story.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Depends on how well the fakemon are made. I don't want to see the original pokemon's icons either through menu or anything like that. It's supposed to feel completely fresh. I don't think anybody has really done a superb job with fakemon that i've seen in ROM hacking but maybe i've missed a few. I like when it's only like 1-30 fakemon though.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Pokemon Garnet... Enuf said. With their sprites they could risk anything including adding all pokemon from every generation because their plot, mapping, everything is so amazing they can choose to make up something totally different and include original pokemon and nobody complain. I think it depends on how good the fakemon sprites are and if you're gonna use fakemon sprites consider them being used at the beginning of the game as starters because i hate seeing fakemon on a new pokemon thread and get the game and not be able to use them till the end of the game. Fakemon can really give a hack/rom originality depending on how good the sprites are and other aspects but mostly how good the sprites are.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    My opinion on fakemon really comes down to this...

...as long as the game is ENTIRELY fakemon or has at least 50+ fakemon, then it is worth playing. Like yeah, it would be nice to see more "fakemon only" hacks, but those are few and far in between.

Heck, to be honest, I'd like to see more Moemon hacks, Touhoumon hacks and so forth. More hacks where it isn't just the same ol' same ol'.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • My opinion on fakemon really comes down to this...

...as long as the game is ENTIRELY fakemon or has at least 50+ fakemon, then it is worth playing. Like yeah, it would be nice to see more "fakemon only" hacks, but those are few and far in between.

Heck, to be honest, I'd like to see more Moemon hacks, Touhoumon hacks and so forth. More hacks where it isn't just the same ol' same ol'.
    This thread is 4 years dead fella

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back