• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm with The Mean Girls, yay me

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • I think it's obvious that social niches exist, especially in school, which almost all of us are in (grade school or college).

There's the nerds, the mean girls, the average dudes. And there are also more specific ones that I wont name.

Are you in any sort of notable social niche? It's a weird thread, yeah, so I'll also ask this question in case you don't want to or don't understand the question just said; What's your opinion of such "classes"? Does it help or harm us, does it make sense, etc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm not part of one myself, but I have come across them in several places both in real life an online, I'll stick to online for now though :3 I've never had a problem or anything with these kinds of groups, but it can be slightly irritating when you're working on something or a whole group of people has to make a decision and that one 'niche' controls the whole process :p I don't necessarily think they're a bad thing, but I wouldn't want to be a part of one. I do wonder if the people involved realise how they're presenting themselves to everyone else though :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm part of the reject group. A group of people where we play video games, Pokemon, WoW and other nerdy stuff. And we're cool liek dat yo.

Haha, in all seriousness, I've always been part of the "reject" group. Like, in high school we're always away from the lunchtime crowds and we always have this "hidden" spot where me and my friends hang out at and just chill. Back then we never really integrated ourselves with the events that happen.

Online, I am never in a *group*. I go solo.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm not really and never have been, online or off. I mean I'll fall into a friend group, but I never properly belong to group that has a type. I've not really had problems with them either. I just drift and people don't seem to mind me much and that's basically all I can ask of them.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I was never in with the "popular" kids group, or the " Unpopular" kids group at school. it was only me and my friend Sasha in our group.

online: I'm just me with a few fluffy ninja buddies

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Well, I'm like most people that posted here. I'm not with the pop group nor the unpop group. I'm just friends with most people I know coz of my friendliness.

PC life: You may see me hanging out with the pop people here & sometimes with the unpop ones to brighten their day. I normally chat with Hikari10 & Diab_low & a few other good friends including mods & they are pretty pop, especially Hikari so I consider myself semi-pop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I was a part of the artsy-geek/nerds. There were geek/nerds and then there were artsies and then there was me and the other people who fell somewhere between there. Nerds and geeks are different things, but when I was in high school, they were pretty much the same thing. In college, I'm not part of any group because I don't really communicate with anyone while I'm there.

I'm indifferent towards them. I feel that the cliques accurately depicts our interests, but the stigma against the various cliques aren't ones that I like to associate myself with.

lol @ the people replying mentioning what clique they are online. u guiz need 2 stop.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I will admit that I've been enveloped into the clique in our school that's notable for putting other's down. It's not that I also enjoy participating in these degrading activities, but I just... I easily engage with these people more easily than the nerds (despite me being the top of my Junior class) or the band geeks (even though I'm in band) or the sports jockies (AND I'M IN BASKETBALL FUADSJF). These people are the 'social bugs' of our school - they're always on top of the gossip, the latest media, including technology and music, and just about everything else you can think of. I hardly interact with them when they are gossiping or engaging in activities that I dislike, but... I can't describe it. I'm ashamed of myself more often than not but for God's sake I love them. D:

Years
  • Back in my school days, I was never in any sort of social circle. I was a loner and thus stuck to myself most of the time. I had a scatting of friends but never more than 2 or 3 at a time.
    Now that I'm in the workforce? Ahahaha. What are 'friends'? Sometimes I go out drinking with my co-workers, otherwise it's just me and my roommate.

I don't care if people form social circles/cliques as long as they're not picking on people and/or causing any harm. Can't really tell you if they're good or bad, never having been in one. :s

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've seen this division in so many American movies and then I was always surprised when I went to school and couldn't pick it out. We had no art nerds, band geeks, etc etc. The only ones I saw definitively were the computer geeks and the jocks - and it was only really the jocks that hung out exclusively with each other.

I had two groups I hung out with in high school. The first one was Year 7-10 and that was a mix of computer/video gaming nerds. I sort of grew apart from them and moved into a different group in Year 10-12, which really had no 'niche' whatsoever. We referred to ourselves as a 'catch-all' because we seemed to absorb people from all the other friendship groups over the school.

Years
  • I Went group study.A division at my school (15-17) class killers,class study.
    it was kind of hard not kill lesson...but on the evidence I had a quite satisfying result! (>_<º)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm the random emo kid that plays 3DS XD

Unj53.png

I never really fell into a group, at least the stereotypical groups American society has come up with and forced around the planet. I just did my own thing, I guess? I think my friends and I were just people who didn't have any particular thing about them that automatically made them known to everyone else at school. We weren't unpopular but we weren't popular either, we just... existed???

Outside of school I think I'm the snarky gay guy, lol. Not much more to it than that.

Back