• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can I continue some fanfictions here? (Help)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Topic.

The reason I'm asking is because I started them on SPP.net, but couldn't finish them because of complainers. *points to sig*

So... can I? If you are on SPP.net, these are the fanfictions I would like to continue with on here:

Kingdom Hearts 2: The Other Way (or KH2: TOW)
Other Anime vs 4th gen. Legendaries (or OAV4GL)

Thanks.

*will defend topic from complainers*

*fights off SPP.net complainers*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Welcome to a better world, my friend. XD

That said, by continuing, do you mean posting from where you left off? Because, well, first-time readers like me who avoid SPPf if they can help it would love to read the rest of your fic.

Otherwise, I really don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to post a fic here that you posted there. I usually post my stuff on every forum I go to (which means it's at at least three places at once).

Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Yeah sure, we don't bite...much. :) Nah, just make sure you post up all the chapters you have done - just make sure they go in the right Writing Forum. (KH for example goes in Other Writing).

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Okay, I've read both of those fics on SPPF and I advise some serious revising to both works (namely, the crossover one). The reviewers from SPPF weren't complaining, they were telling you that you just weren't ready for a crossover yet. First off, the characters were from completely unrelated games and you gave no real explanation why they all appeared in the same place (let alone universe). Also, you were a bit lacking in the description area and assumed that everyone reading knew who the characters were because they were from popular shows. Just because our fanfic section is less active than SPPF's doesn't mean we don't share some similar guidelines.

My advice: If you're going to post your fics the same exact way you did on SPPF, don't start complaining when you get some not-too-friendly reviews.

Of course, that's just my two cents. Do whatever you want, they are YOUR fics.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Serebii lags anyway. I was there for a short bit, but I love it here!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Thanks guys. Don't worry I've also posted these fanfictions on fanfiction.net. So... would it be okay if I just continue from where I left off, and provide a link to the rest of the fanfiction on fanfiction.net? Seems the easiest way, IMO.

Of course........ I have to get to 15 posts first......... -_-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Yeah you could, but people will get a bit angry if you post it halfway through the story...maybe if you post twice a day, you'll get through the chapters quicker? So we have all the chapters in front of our faces?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It's against the rules to post links to your fanfictions from other sites. You either post all or nothing here. Besides, it's better for the readers here to have all the chapters in front of their eyes on one site instead of having to go back and forth between two.

All it takes is copying and pasting the chapters from one place to the other.

I also wouldn't post two chapters a day. ;>> That's a little extreme for readers who want to catch up. I'd say wait a few days between chapters, even though you already have them typed up and posted elsewhere. This way, the reviewers have the time they need to review each individual chapter. If there are mistakes in there, it's simpler to go through each chapter at a time. Instead of just a large lump sum.

But yes, you may post your fic wherever you want. It's your fic. You can do what you want with it.

Just don't say that it's complaining when the reviewers here give you constructive criticism. There's a difference between the two. One you can learn from.

Years
Topic.

The reason I'm asking is because I started them on SPP.net, but couldn't finish them because of complainers. *points to sig*

*will defend topic from complainers*

*fights off SPP.net complainers*

There's a thing called constructive criticism. You sometimes might call it brutal, but you can't be always perfect. To complain is different.

Serebii lags anyway. I was there for a short bit, but I love it here!
How interesting. I love warning people that go offtopic.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Um... one of my fanfictions (KH2: TOW) are more than 80 chapters. That will take WAY to long. I honestly don't see the problem with posting a link to the fanfiction from fanfiction.net. Besides, I'll provide the link in the FIRST POST/FIRST CHAPTER I POST HERE. I'm not THAT stupid to not give it until halfway through or something.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Um... one of my fanfictions (KH2: TOW) are more than 80 chapters. That will take WAY to long. I honestly don't see the problem with posting a link to the fanfiction from fanfiction.net. Besides, I'll provide the link in the FIRST POST/FIRST CHAPTER I POST HERE. I'm not THAT stupid to not give it until halfway through or something.

It's hard to see why you got chased off SPPF >_>

If it's too much trouble for you to post all those chapters, then don't post at all. In my opinon, it's great to have a lot of chapters when you first start, that way updates are never late. And as Hanako said (it'll do you good to listen to her) you can't post the link because of the RULES... Not because we don't like it, not because we're mean. It's the rules...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
There's a thing called constructive criticism. You sometimes might call it brutal, but you can't be always perfect. To complain is different.

I agree that there should be constructive criticism. But believe me, the people that do it here aren't nearly as bad as some of the people used to be over at Serebii (though I have to admit they've gotten quite a bit better lately).

But as you said, Fics should be posted from the beginning, not halfway through. Halfway through's just awkward.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
But as you said, Fics should be posted from the beginning, not halfway through. Halfway through's just awkward.

Agreed. It also helps to avoid breaking any rules like the no-linking rule PC's got. Not to mention it's easier for your readers to just go to one place, and it's a good chance to go back through your fic to see if there's any way you think you can make it better before posting. (I mean, we've all had that moment where we go back through our old stuff and go, "Oh geez. I should've actually said this.")

Even if it takes several months, it's probably all the better for new readers like me, as it gives us time to read through the previously written chapters of the story and catch up with the people who have read from the beginning and are waiting for you to post something new.

Back