• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Adventure 2 (HD)

Greywyn

Ace
Years
As you may or may not know, Sonic Adventure 2 HD was released today (with the Battle gamecube additions in a dlc). I thought we could have a little bit of discussion regarding this classic. It was one of my favorite childhood games (I played the gamecube revamp.)
If you played this game, what are some of your favorite memories?
Personally, I spent a lot of time raising Chao. The whole garden feature was incredibly deep compared to the original Sonic Adventure.
I loved the story as well. For a Sonic game, I thought it was pretty dark and memorable (especially the ending).
Can't forget the wonderful tracks provided by Crush 40.
I'm nostalgia'ing all over the place right now waiting for the Battle mode dlc to be worked out. Microsoft is having some trouble getting the game to work with the marketplace at the moment. I had to buy it on the website, but the dlc is still not available.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't have the consoles it is on so the option for me would be the PC. And I have the gcn version anyways, so!

Certainly worth getting to try out though; it remains my favourite sonic game despite its various flaws, and chao raising is quite addictive here. Heard it had a number of minor changes to the original (some changes to graphics and textures, not removing Bigg from levels now, introduced a few new bugs, etc).

Years
I generally dislike the entire Sonic series. A large part of the fanbase seems..a little off as well, to say the least.

Sonic Adventure 2 is probably the only Sonic game I've even remotely enjoyed. The Chao Garden was loads of fun back in the day, and the game itself is actually pretty decent. Though it does have quite a bit of glitches and poor camera angles, but I guess that's to be expected from a 3D Sonic game.

Hopefully the HD Remake can at least improve upon these technical shortcomings. :3

User19sq

Because I'm both a Nintendo- and Steam-man at heart, I have to wait a bit longer for the PC version instead.

Oh God, Sonic Adventure 2: battle was the addiction of my lonely, lonely childhood! The storyline was new and original, making the gameplay worthwhile, and Crush 40's music was the extreme icing on the cake! But the one thing that kept me entertained was the Chao Garden! With my old data for the Gamecube's gone, but with Steam, I can always keep my CHao with me, no matter what new computer I'll get! Hopefully, there'll be an option to race/battle Chao online with others. A little out there, but one can hope.

I'm gonna get a Steam Funds card tomorrow when I pick up B2/W2 and wait for it's PC release! So pumped to live and learn!!!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I actually had no idea Sonic Adventure 2 was the exact same thing as Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I had battle on my gamecube, and one of the many games of my childhood... even though I don't like the Sonic franchise, I loved playing this, mainly because raising chaos was always so addicting.

Sadly I sold the game along with all of my many other good games years ago, and if I didn't I probably would still be playing it to this day. Also, my favorite chao was a white hero chao named Echo, who was dressed like a Tiger and was my strongest chao.

Most likely i'll buy this on PSN and play it often because of the nostalgia.

Back