• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mantis is back etc

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Mantis is back

Overview

392.gif
635.gif
479-w.gif
212.gif
598.gif
639.gif

In depth look

392.gif

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out
- Overheat

Start off with Fake Out to break Sash leads such as Mamoswine or Cloyster. Set up rocks. Usually I'll still be alive so I'll just overheat/cc depending

on my opponent. :> The ev's are kinda messy but they work tbh. He's quite useful as well, he can ohko cloyser with overheat and others.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Fire Blast

This thing just kills everyone and everything. So far, probably the mvp of the team. Dark Pulse was just there for filler but it's surprisingly good

for getting rid of Starmie, Reuniclus etc.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]

My favorite set of Rotom-W's. He has great synergy with Scizor and the Volt Switch/U-Turn is so good and annoying etc. Hidden Power Grass over Fire/Ice

because it can take down Quagsire, Swampert and Gastrodon, who wall Rotom. Well, Gastro and Quag do.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

As stated previously, this set is fun to run with Rotom. I hardly's ever use Pursuit/Superpower because U-Turn and Bullet Punch do everything. Except

deal with Ferrothorn. Bullet Punch kills off any weakened Pokemon and gets the odd OHKO sometimes.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

This set is actually really annoying, without worrying about setting up rocks, I just t-wave everything. It's fun to screw over Lati@s, fast Pokemon

in general really, lol. Gyro Ball gets me the odd kill on weakened Terrakions and other frail Pokemon.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I love this set so much omg. I didn't like the look of it at first because of only two moves, but it works really well. i haven't used it that much

because everything is usually done and dusted by the time he comes out. close combat's defense lowering is annoying at times, i may replace it with
Sacred Sword?

Pro's

★ The team works well together, synergy is good
★ Eliminates most threats

Cons

★ Huge weakness to Rain teams
★ Gyarados screws me over once Rotom is gone
★ Lack of Physical power

Anti

return of the king
Years
Definitely don't use Sacred Sword over CC. The extra power is infinitely more useful than keeping its defenses "strong." You'll need a lot more prior damage to break down walls like Skarmory and Hippowdon (if your Balloon has popped) if you use Sacred Sword, and more power is just generally better!

In terms of problems, the biggest one I see is the lack of a Fighting resist. Something like a Scarf or CB Terrakion is going to get a kill every time it's in, and you can't switch Rotom in because CC will 2HKO it...and Scizor's defensive utility will fall apart if it gets hit by a CC. Bulk Up Conkeldurr has a ton of opportunities to set up with three choice users and the relatively harmless Ferrothorn, and if something like NP Lucario (with Vacuum Wave) gets to set up on locked-in Pursuit or Dark Pulse, it's going to get a clean sweep.

I would replace one of your choice users to solve this problem. Right now they're just giving set-up opportunities to Pokemon when you really can't afford it. You could also get rid of Infernape since designated leads are often a waste (especially if you opponent has a spinner...since you have no spinblocker for its SR or Ferro's Spikes :x). If you replace Hydreigon, Latios or Reuniclus are reasonable substitutes. Scizor has really good synergy with both of them so it might be worth a try, and they help with the Fighting-type weakness a bit. You'll still have so issues with CB Terrakion, but it's so strong that most teams do and you will probably only have to play around it a few times. Gengar is also a good option because it can *kind of* keep Terrakion in check, beats Conkeldurr with Disable, outspeeds Lucario and is immune to all of its priority except Bullet Punch, and serves as a spinblocker against anything but Starmie, and Infernape and Ferro are virtually useless against stall teams without spinblocker support...otherwise Ape just dies and Ferro is hazard set-up bait, Thunder Wave or not. If you opt to replace Infernape, I would put Stealth rock over Spikes on Ferrothorn and put in a really stable Fighting resist. The ones above work. Slowbro is also a decent option. It can help spread paralysis and blocks a lot of Fiighting-types (and is good backup for Gyarados!)...but I would just use an attacker since they fit with the offensive style of the team better.

Rain doesn't appear to be too much of a problem! Toxicroak is going to be a major issue, but IDK, it doesn't look too bad against Rain to me! I would suggest making Rotom more defensive to make it last longer (as I'd imagine your problem is that your Water resists are all easily worn down except for Ferro), but then you lose TrickScarf which is one of your only good weapons against stall. If you're really worried about it, you could replace Hydreigon with a Latios or Latias which both sponge Water hits (and even weaker Ice Beams) pretty well. I hate to mess with your MVP but it does contribute to just about all of your weaknesses :x

Lastly, I would try to focus a bit more on beating stall. Scizor and Rotom's Trick are good weapons and Terrakion is *deadly*, but it's a tad thin. Reuniclus (Calm Mind, to be specific) not only helps with Fighting-types but also is a pretty solid stallbreaker once you eliminate their "anti win condition" Pokemon (and anything with Taunt). Scizor can help do that.

I guess if I were to use the team myself, I would definitely replace Infernape with Calm Mind Reuniclus, put Stealth Rock over Spikes on Ferrothorn, and then maybe mess with the Hydreigon slot to see what you can come up with. Basically anything that has some utility against rain and backs up Reuniclus against Fighting-types would be welcome, and I would personally try out Gengar because it has stallbreaking potential, can set up on choiced Fighting-types, and has a field day if the opposing special wall can be Pursuited or TrickScarfed. Sorry for replacing Hydreigon, he's really cool I know :(

But yes, good luck and hopefully these suggestions were helpful.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The only change I'd like to make here is with Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball doesn't have good synergy with Thunder Wave, since paralysis weakens Gyro Ball's power (by cutting the opponent's Speed). Use Power Whip so Ferrothorn can readily threaten Water Pokemon while still hitting Terrakion hard.

Back