• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA tile remakes

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
I'm going to do an overhaul on the GBA tiles and attempt to remake as many of them as I can here is the first of many to come ^.^

Edit: I'm going to start uploading these to an image host so i don't have to continuously post them. I'll update the thread later

Custom Skyscraper
custom_building_1_by_malice936-d368wlo.png

Littleroot Town Remake
littleroot_remakes_by_malice936-d35rewb.png

Agate Village Buildings
agate_village_buildings_by_malice936-d35rfb8.png

Devon Corporation V2
devon_corperation_by_malice936-d3jqswi.png

House 1
gba_conversion_1_by_malice936-d35rfgn.png

House 2
building_2_by_malice936-d35rfo2.png

Oak Lab
oak_lab_by_malice936-d35rft5.png

silph co
silph_co_building_by_malice936-d35rfwg.png

Pokemon HQ Lab
orre_pokemon_hq_lab_by_malice936-d3jqrnh.png

Pokemon Mansion
pokemon_mansion_by_malice936-d3jsmun.png

cinnabar island fossil lab
cinnabar_island_fossil_lab_by_malice936-d3k2qfa.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
sorry for the double post but heres more o.o pluss a custom set of Agate Village tiles for anyone doing a pokemon colosseum based game

Last edited:
Years
You should put this in the Art Gallery Pixel art section.. i think that would be more suitable but i like em very much

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Hey, these look very cool! =D

The Agate one could reveal itself to be useful, at least for me, since Orre is featured in the game too xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Ah, but at the same time they act like a resource so yeah, it's up to the creator of where they belong.

I intended them to be a resource for games, and for anyone that uses them credit is not necessary ^.^
PS: there will still be more coming out ;P i may end up compiling them into a tileset for poccils kit o.o

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
These are ok, but several things bother me. These are basicly just the same tiles without an outline and with a palette swap. They still need an outline. also if they were GBA tiles remakes, you wouldnt follow the lines of the previous building pixel by pixel, you would go abstract changing the buildings form slightly, like on the seviper you just changed the color of the teeth and removed the outline. You cant do that, that's not a remake, it's an edit.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
These are ok, but several things bother me. These are basicly just the same tiles without an outline and with a palette swap. They still need an outline. also if they were GBA tiles remakes, you wouldnt follow the lines of the previous building pixel by pixel, you would go abstract changing the buildings form slightly, like on the seviper you just changed the color of the teeth and removed the outline. You cant do that, that's not a remake, it's an edit.
They are intended to be as similar to the originals as possible yet equal to newer graphics for use in updated games. As for the seviper there was much more done then just removing the outlines.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I think these look really good. The Seviper is the only one which looks a little.. 'off', but the rest look pretty great!

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
sorry for the double post but ive added a custom Pokemon HQ lab and have several other tiles to upload

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Nice! Do you think you can revamp cinnabar island to B/W style?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016

i planned on getting to it eventually rite now im making these as im working on my game (i need someone that can help me with some of the scripting problems im having though x.x)

EDIT: i just added a revamped version of the pokemon mansion from cinnabar so i hope it helps you some ^.^
EDIT2: just finished the fossil lab as well again hope this helps u and everyone else out ^.^

Last edited:

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i love the remakes to bad some one them are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to colorfull i suggest some of the building should be dropped down in tone and color...how agrees with me?

Last edited:
Back