• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Flight/Healing Spot Editor (FR/LG only)

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Here is the first release of my flight spot editor. This is for all who would rather avoid going through all that complicated work of editing the flight and healing locations in the rom.
Remember, however, this is only for Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen. I may, at some point, allow it to work with Ruby/Sapphire, but I don't know when that would be. Sorry Ruby hackers. =[

System Requirements
[font="Segoe UI"]
  • Microsoft Windows XP SP2/Vista/7
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 (Should be automatically installed)
[/font]

Known Issues
[font="Segoe UI"]
  • Does not have an icon
  • Desktop Shortcut
  • In order for you to update your preferences, you need to restart the editor
  • The glass option will never work with XP, although you can check the option as much as you want
  • A little slow to open
[/font]

Download
>>Here<<
(Click once applications allow for the automatic download of any updates published, don't be afraid of it. XD)

*Important: All custom offsets must end in a zero. It won't work otherwise.

Well, please feel free to leave any comments, questions, or anything in the thread. It'd be great to know how it is for everyone and whether you come across any random bugs. Thanks~

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
I guess I forgot to mention that this is a click once application; it allows for the automatic download of updates, which is obviously why I went for this set up. The idea is that it's easier for everyone. Since the flight editor is going to be constantly updated, you won't be forced to constantly look back at this thread to see if I have a new download.

You download the .application and when you run it, it will download the binary and install itself. It's really quite simple.

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
(Just another quick thing to point out about the installation, it doesn't require you to be an admin or anything and all you there is is a "Do you want to install this?" and upon hitting yes it's done. It's not overly complicated or anything.)

Yeah, definitely, that'd be no problem. Just send them my way. =]

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
That's strange. Mind sending me the rom you used?

I actually ended up downloading Shining Opal to quickly see if that's the rom you were referring to, but it worked when I used it.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
That's strange. Mind sending me the rom you used?

I actually ended up downloading Shining Opal to quickly see if that's the rom you were referring to, but it worked when I used it.
Well, I am referring to Shining Opal, but since the last beta, I've restarted on a new ROM.
Anyways, I think it doesn't load correctly because I'm using the Pokémon FireRed Hacked Engine, and it overwrites the bytes at 0xBFD80, and I'm guessing that your program won't load anything if that's wrong. Try making your program check a non-08 byte at the end of the pointer, and if it's not 08, then assume that the user has the Hacked Engine installed and don't load the healing map tables.
Also, when you make this program for Emerald, can you take a look at the patch under "Disabling the Gender-chosen Flight Positions for Littleroot Town (Emerald)" here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239080
I also have another "fix" and a few other things you may want to include in your program for Emerald. PM me.

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
**Update!
It now supports JPAN's engine; still no Emerald support though. It also looks prettier, but allows for the option to turn off the background and glass effect, if it bothers you (it was all for the fun of it, really).

Um... well I totally forgot about the flight header table, but hopefully that will be up tonight.

Last edited:
Back