• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt Version (dt. Kobalt-Edition)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    kobaltlogo.gif

Information.png
    Features2.png
    ImagesAndVideos_1.png
    ImagesAndVideos_3.png
    Credits2.png

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • You should really fix the first page, make some new paragraphs.
    The hack:
    The maps are brilliant, so are the tiles. Good luck!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • You forgot some credits:P Zeikku made the tree. Anyways, the hack looks great. The thread layout is beautiful! I can't wait to see more from you.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Very nice looking, the graphics in the first post are great although I would recommend changing round the order it. It looks too wide and you have to keep scrolling to see it all.
    Anyway, the hack looks great and I hope it goes smoothly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    After more than a month, the hack will be continued.
    I worked on a new tileset, which is fresher and looks nicer. ;)

Some screenshots will be here soon.

indepth

Soon to be..
    Years
  • Wow, Im surprised that this don't get many comments..

Wow, im surprised that this don't get many comments.. Because this hack is amazing;
    Despite the fact there's no true story to the hack. The best thing is how much you've progressed on, the region looks awesome. Im also sure there's someone called Blazichu, which is a Moderator, who has a hack named Cobalt :\ Well Good luck, I hope to see some screens soon; as you said.

~Bai

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Thank you. ;)
    But with the name, I already had the idea of naming the hack Pokémon Cobalt, till I saw some days later a game (not hack) called Pokémon Cobalt, too.

But I think, it's not really a problem, is it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Umm,it's ok,the graphics and such,but don't you think it's good to expand the storyline?
    You're working alone?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    I'll work on a new storyline, presentation, etc.
    Don't worry. ;)

And yes, I work alone.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Thanks. :P
    Made an online pokedex, which shows all complete Fakemon. Hope you enjoy it. ;)

I've added a new Pokémon to the Pokédex. ;) Hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I absolutely adore your mapping style! It's not square but it's not totally sporadic and "natural" either. And I simply love the tiles and palettes which really complement the maps. The Fakemon Pokedex isn't very impressive at the moment but I'm sure as time goes on and you add more, it'll get a lot better.

Some things I noticed in your maps in the Panorama:
    - The bridge in Vehenport looks kind of odd. Perhaps you should make the river a few layers below the bridge so it looks more 3D-ish
    - In Brisana City and Vehenport, whenever a tree is used behind a house there's a weird tile problem with the right, base tile of the tree. It's hard to explain without a picture but just look at Brisana City and check behind one of those green houses
    - Also in Brisana City, there are tile errors involving the block directly above the doors on all of the green houses

Still, this hack is very graphically appealing. I can't wait to see some scripts!
    Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Thanks, I've updated some Maps and the Panorama with the new tiles.
    Credits goes to WesleyFG for some Tiles and Kyledove for the Trees.

TO THE PANORAMA

Also added 2 Pokémon to the Pokédex.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Jesus, I can't believe I didn't spot this before.
    I have to comment on your mapping, it's brilliant, natural and at the same time, playable.
    Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Thanks, I work intensively on making some fakemon and scripts to present you a beta soon as possible.

Back