• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Sandstorm!

John flailed his arm, urging both Zovo and Caesa to get behind him as he racked his brain trying to think of his next move. The longer Verno was stuck in that sandstorm, the worse it would get to deal with.

Ah, heck with it! We had to close distance to begin with anyway!

"Verno, don't back down!," John called out over the roaring sands, "Charge right on through with your Flame Wheel attack!

The Growlithe pressed on through the vicious, whipping sands, continuing his headlong assault. Even larger embers poured from his snout, growing stronger and hotter as they engulfed Verno's frame.

John spotted the ball of fire that was his Growlithe through the storm. "That's it! Go!"

Verno roared as he pressed on with his blazing charge.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln was able to see reasonably clearly thanks to his goggles keeping his eyes free from the sand. So when he spotted Verno cloaked in flame, charging towards Bixi, he had plenty of time to react.

"Bixi, take the hit, then Aqua Tail!"

Following Lincoln's instructions Bixi took the attack from Verno, wincing from the impact and the flames. Flame Wheel was a physical attack, so Sandstorm didn't help with it, but her double resistance and defensive nature still helped to mitigate the attack. As she was reeling from the strike Bixi used the momentum to spin herself around, her small tail becoming surrounded with swirling water from her shell. Provided the attack stayed on course Bixi's hydro-empowered tail would strike Verno.

If John hadn't already guessed then it would become fairly obvious now that the turtle pokemon was not only a rock type, but also a water type.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Direct hit!

John knew that his Growlithe's attack didn't leave the foe much worse for wear, but barely catching Lincoln's command over the whipping sands gave him an idea that while risky, could possibly pay off. Big time. It was one that hopefully Verno could really sink his fangs into.

Here we go...

"Verno! Quickly, Bite attack! Grab hold of that tail and don't let go!"

The Growlithe watched as Bixi's tail closed in... bracing itself to take the full brunt of the watery attack, Verno leaped at the Tirtouga to do as John had commanded.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center -> Academy Grounds

Alice heard Roxas say that there was nothing wrong, but his cheeks were red, even more than before. And although she didn't know it, her cheeks were turning the same color as well! Obilivio then said something to Jello and Roxas, which made the boy glare at the Lucario and say "Let's begin the training!" with a face red as a tomato. Alice was trying not to giggle at this situation.

Then, all of a sudden, she felt Roxas grab her hand and get pulled along with him as he ran outside the building to a place full of grass. She giggled as her cheeks turned more red.

"Well, um, soo..." she said, "What do we do now?"

Jello frowned. "I hope so." he said to Obilivio before having to sprint, or float at a high speed, in order to keep up with Alice and Roxas. There was something that he didn't like about the kid. Maybe it was just him being protective, fearing that Alice would get hurt by that boy. But, for the time being, he decided to stay silent. Alice seemed to be happy and having fun, and the purple Solosis did not want to ruin that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Bixi's Aqua Tail attack struck true, her tail striking Verno, the impact causing the water around her tail to 'burst' and wash over the Growlithe. It was a move that would be very effective, but Linc knew that by itself wouldn't be enough to end the battle.

"Hit 'em with another one!" Lincoln called out. But as Verno's fangs latched onto Bixi's tail the Tirtouga cried out in pain and visibly flinched, failing to launch any attack whatsoever.

This was bad news. Not only had John now used an attack that Bixi wasn't resistant to, but the attack had caught her so off guard she wasn't countering. That meant John was going to get the chance to attack again, and although the Sandstorm continued to whittle Verno's vitality down, it was still hard to be able to do nothing.

"It's okay girl, just focus! We'll get 'em on the next go!"

At least he hoped they would. If he were John's position now he would use Bite again. Verno was already in position, it was the most damaging move they'd used so far and Bixi might even flinch for a second time. It wasn't a particularly advanced strategy, but some of the best ones were the simplest.​

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach​

"Not alot of people are used to pain, so that's understandable. And you're welcome! If there's anything else you want to know, just… you know, ask." He said, smiling warmly at her. As she sipped her soda, he did the same, reaching over her as he tried not to look up into her eyes as he put the soda can in the bag. If he did, he was dead-certain that he'd blush again.

As he sat down on his spot again, he leaned back onto his hands, sighing softly. After a little while of silence, he spoke again. "This place is really great… so many happy, friendly people… and so many Pokémon. I saw a group of Digletts up in the mountains earlier. What's your favourite Pokémon?" he asked, glancing towards her again.

Alexis giggled softly at Hikari's inability to think of any bad habits of Ruby's, though she eventually mentioned she was reckless. Alexis nodded her head quickly. "Yeah, Daniel can be the same. He'll avoid confrontations with people, but… well, when he gets excited, he can do some pretty stupid stuff. It usually works out though, since he's got me to take care of him." She says, snickering softly.

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John pumped a fist as a wide smile formed on his lips. Finally, they were in position to deal some damage! Now, it was a matter of capitalizing on this oppurtunity. But, how exactly?

Let's see... that Tirtouga's pretty darn tough, and it's almost fully resistant to any of Verno's fire-based attacks. Didn't seem to like having Verno's fangs sink into 'er tail, though. Wait...

His Growlithe's flames certainly haven't been much more than an inconvenience to Bixi, but now Verno had her by the tail and this limb seemed to be the only possible weak-point that John could figure out.

It's worth a shot!

"Verno! Bite down again and use Flame Wheel!"

As the already worn pup let out a small roar, it's frame was once again engulfed by red-hot flames. Opening it's mouth wide to expose his now searing fangs, Verno once again soared at the Tirtouga's tail.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln watched Verno carefully through the Sandstorm, waiting for any potential opening that may help Bixi. Capitolising on Bixi's hesitation he seemed to be going for some sort of combination attack between Bite and Flame Wheel, which certainly had the potential to be effective. Fortunately for Lincoln and Bixi, Verno released Bixi's tail when he opened his mouth to charge up.

"Bixi, Iron Defense quickly!"

The Tirtouga responded quickly, withdrawing herself into her shell again. The difference being this time her shell seemed to take on a metallic sheen for a moment. Both Bite and Flame Wheel were physical attacks, and Iron Defense dramatically boosted Bixi's defense, offering her greater protection for the rest of the battle - even should she be made to come out of her shell again.

It wouldn't bring Verno any closer to defeat, but it would help Bixi last longer as the Sandstorm continued to rage.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Aw, shoot!

John gripped his head in frustration. As long as Bixi was in her shell, none of Verno's attacks would be effective at all. And, to make the situation worse, Verno was still going to be buffeted by the sands.

C'mon, Johnny boy... think, think, think!

They needed action and quickly. Verno's Ember attack had made Bixi come out of her shell once, so maybe it'd work again. John and Verno didn't have many other options anyway.

"Verno," John called out to his pokémon, "Blow some more fire in 'er shell! Ember attack, don't let up!"

The Growlithe's fortitude was fading fast but he would not let his trainer down. Aiming at the hole in which Bixi's tail had receded, he let loose a steady stream of fiery embers.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Bixi, take the hit then use Stone Edge again!"

Lincoln knew that although Verno's attacks weren't particularly effective, they had been consistent and were gradually taking their toll on Bixi. Sandstorm had gradually been doing damage to Verno, and Aqua Tail would have been very effective, but they needed to start going on the offensive if they wanted to wrap up this first round.

The flames struck Bixi's shell, damaging her. Although Iron Defense didn't help against Ember, the Sandstorm seemed to mitigate the damage somewhat, so this time she was able to stay inside.

For the second time during the battle she began to glow white, the light fading to reveal jagged stones that pelted themselves at Verno.​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

Daniel reached to the plastic bag where Ruby putted her empty can in and then went back to his own place, it made her blush a little bit but she brought the bag to him to make it easier for him. Daniel told her that the people here were friendly and that this was an awesome place, Ruby agreed with that and nodded. 'I can't say i disagree, up untill now i've only seen one person who could possibly be mean.' Ruby commented.

Daniel leaned back on his hand and asked her what her favorite pokemon was. 'My favorite pokemon? Oh boy...' Ruby did the same and thought for awhile. 'I actually like all kind of pokemon... I like leafeon's alot though.' Ruby said. 'What's yours?' Ruby faced him and asked him.

'Really?' Hikari was giggling. 'Ruby used to fall out of trees alot, she doesn't anymore though. 'How did Daniel and you meet actually?' Hikari asked her. 'Ruby and i met when i saved her from a boy who was bullying her and about to spray her wet with water.' Hikari told her.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn looked at Jimmy worriedly and bit her lip again before looking back at the adult. "it was my fault sir. Jimmy was watching me battle a Horsea I just caught, and when the Horsea's attack collided with my Togekiss's attack it caused a bright light." she sighed "I just wasn't fast enough to tell him to cover his eyes"

Seeing Kaida had wrapped her legs around Jimmy's legs to keep him standing Rosie put her hand on his shoulder. She was worried he was still in pain from the Gyarados earlier but she decided that Jimmy probably already didn't like the fact that one. She had to get an adult to help and two. that she mentioned how it happened so she decided not to mention it. Especially since she noticed more people coming to the beach.

"maybe you should sit back down Jimmy" she said quietly, she felt terrible and if permanent damage was done to his eyes she would never forgive herself.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Beach

Jimmy nodded and sat down with Kaida's help, without saying a word. Apart from humiliation, he started to feel something else after hearing Rosalyn's words. Something he had never felt before. It was...guilt. He knew it wasn't her fault that he was that way, and that he should have paid more attention. But he didn't want to admit that, and that apparently was making Rosalyn feel bad and blame herself, or he thought so.

"Rosalyn..." he whispered.

He was unsure of what he was about to say, but he feared that if he didn't say it, the guilt would make him stressed and that something bad would happen to him.

"It's...it's..."

Kaida looked at him. She could sense that something was wrong with him. She hugged her trainer tight, and when the hug was tight enough, the rebellious-looking boy with ripped clothing finished saying what his guilt forced him to say.

"It's...not your...f-fault..." he whispered in an ever lower voice.

That was it. He said it. Now he could not feel more humiliated. He silently cursed his brain.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Outside the Pokemon Center

'How 'bout i'll show you how to battle?' Roxas asks her as they come closer to the forest. He was her too a few moments ago. Obilivio is looking around, hoping he would see Ruby once again, so that he can walk up to her and tell him it's him.

'How about here?' Roxas notices he is holding her hand and quickly let's go and rubs the back of her head. 'I-i could show you here.' Roxas said with a little flush on her cheeks.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach
Daniel tilted his head a little in confusion at her answer but shrugged it off, smiling a little while lowering a hand to scratch Alexis behind her ear again. "Well, besides Alex' here… I suppose my favourite would have to be… Dragonair. It's just so… graceful, not to mention powerful, at the same time. I've got a bunch of Pokémon I really like, like Growlithe, so it's kind of hard to choose."

He snickered quietly before shifting a little to face her better, moving his legs up to cross them in a lotus position, more out of comfort than anything else. "What's a Leafeon though? I've never heard of that Pokémon."

Alexis tilted her head a little into Daniel's touch, making a cute little noise as she did. After a little while, he stopped, and she went back to focusing on Hikari. "Well… I never knew my parents. I was raised in a daycare, and one day, Daniel and his dad came in. Daniel had turned ten and his father wanted to give him a Pokémon. He went to play with a few of the Pokémon, and him and I just… clicked, really well. He took me home, and we've been friends ever since. After a big tournament in Vermillion that we won, we got a Thunderstone as a prize, and… after talking with me about it, we both agreed I'd evolve. I wanted to be stronger to be able to protect him, and he wanted me to be stronger, so we could both continue improving ourselves."

She smiled fondly, lifting a hand to rub her brow a little, nuzzling further into the sand.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds (Outside Pokémon Center)

Alice smiled as Roxas took her to a forest and suggested showing her how to battle. She nodded and continued to walk next to him, with Jello behind her on the lookout for any sudden, supicious movements.

Then, all of a sudden, Alice felt Roxas letting go of her hand, and turned to see him. He was blushing and rubbing the back of his head, and said that he could show her there.

"Ookaay...Sounds good..." Alice said, "Are you sure you're alright?"

She had this faint blush on her cheeks but, once again, she was unaware of that. Jello floated ahead of her and noticed, but did not saya a word. He would talk to her about it when they were alone. Which would be at the Entei Dorm before she went to sleep.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

'I could've guessed that, you mentioned that you really liked dragonairs earlier.' Ruby said smiling. 'Leafeons...' Ruby leaned on her hands while facing the sun with closed eyes, she then sighed and faced Daniel again with her aqua eyes. 'A eevee has 7 evolutions, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Verporeon, Glaceon and Leafeon.' Ruby started explaining. 'In johto and kanto only 5 of these ovolutions are found, in sinnoh and in the unova regeon you have two more evolutions, Glaceon and Leafeon, Glaceon is a ice type, Leafeon is a grass type.' Ruby continued.

'My eevee, Kaede, appearently wants to evolve in one, and he's getting pretty close, so i show you how a Leafeon looks alike when he has evolved.' She grinned at him as she said that. Daniel was patting his Raichu again, it made Ruby feel warm inside as she saw someone treating his pokemon with so much love.

Hikari smiled as she saw Daniel patting Alexis, but she still wanted to know his bad habits so that Ruby wouldn't like him, well... That was what she hoped. Hikari jumped on her lap and layd down. Ruby was suprised, but then smiled and patted her soft little friend. 'I don't want to evolve... I want to stay this little forever.' Hikari said to Alexis while laying on Ruby's lap.

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Outside the Pokemon Center

'Y-yeah i'm alright, don't worry!' Roxas chuckled embaressed as he said that. 'Okay, stand over there and bring out your pokemon, we'll start like a normal battle, but i will tell you what kind of things you can do in an battle, so it will be in "slow motion."' Roxas explained a little. 'Don't forget, it won't be a real battle.' Roxas repeated, somehow looking at her made him feel weird, she was so innocent and stuff.

Obilivio kept looking around and didn't really heard what was happening around him. 'Oh! I've got a better idea!' Roxas looked at Obilivio who then faced him. 'Let's pretend we do a battle.' Roxas said to Obilivio, who then shrugged and came over. Obilivio tried to smash him, but Roxas avoided and brought him to the ground by kicking. 'This was an example of "the best attack is the defense."' Roxas bowed as he said that, but then Obilivio kicked him to the ground too. 'And this was an example of "never let your guard down."' Obilivio grinned.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

"Oh...I didn't bring a swimsuit," Kenshin admitted. It hadn't occured him to bring a swimsuit for pokemon training and capturing. He dug through his bag and pulled out...A POKEDEX! Scrolling through the Pokedex he seemed to be looking through the Kanto Region Pokemon, the first 151 pokemon discovered and documented. Finally he came across what he was looking for and handed the Pokedex to Olivia.

"I want to go after one," he said to her. On the Pokedex was the image of a large blue aquatic pokemon. A Water/Ice type to be exact. The pokemon this shy little boy wanted to go after...Was a Lapras. "There's...One particular I've met a few times...I wanna capture him."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selene answered Valorie's question and it only raised more questions, namely what the heck was going on. It sure seemed like an implied 'no' anyway. If that /wasn't/ a red flag, she didn't know what /was/. Valorie took a deep breath, but Selene kept talking. Why didn't she think how she felt was important? Valorie was confused. Had she forgotten something? Did Selene think Valorie didn't care? Those were both troubling questions she couldn't answer for sure, especially given the fragile situation they had been in before. Where did she even start? She wanted to help but she knew not how. Selene complimented her but Valorie could detect no warmth in it--Rather, it was simply an observation without depth. Selene offered to help Valorie train Frillish and Valorie just sort of failed to respond to this, having been too lost in her own thoughts to reply before Selene continued.

When Selene finally expressed the desire for a milkshake a wave of relief washed over Valorie. Finally she had a direction to proceed in, and although she knew not precisely where she was headed she was grateful to be headed well... anywhere really. After a moment of hesitation Valorie abruptly spoke up in the sort of tense, nervous voice of someone whose best friend was treating them with a strange, terrible distance you'd expect. "...Yeah! I'd like that..." She then proceeded to take several steps forward to follow Selene before hesitantly stopping to take a look around, as if scared MacKenzie, or someone equally uncouth, was just around the corner waiting to be inconvenient and inconsiderate of the situation at hand. Little did she realize that MacKenzie had totally found the most hip hiding places of them all this time around: at Selene's hip. Perhaps her MacKenziedar had been going off

Following Selene into the shop Valorie took the liberty of power walking a bit to catch up with the other. "Hey, Selene... Can I buy you your milkshake?" Valorie followed up the question by flashing a somewhat awkward, uncomfortable smile. She was trying ever so hard to break the mysterious ice her friend had shown up covered in, though she had only her hopes and her heart to tell her that being generous and open towards Selene would help. She was pretty much shooting in the dark, which was arguably not a great idea. Valorie was aware of this however, and followed up to attempt to deal with this concern. "I want to know what's up..." Concern poured into her expression as if she'd abruptly given up hiding it altogether as she spoke. It was mildly difficult for her not to avert her gaze, and yet she forced herself to be ready and willing to make eye contact at any given moment. She was ready to push hard, regardless of not even knowing what she was up against. A ciff

Olivia Wolf - Plains
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia had of course realized that being surrounded by miles of water meant there was very likely a beach. Who ever heard of an island without a beach? Regardless, she didn't think a great deal of Kenshin's mistake, though it disappointed her a tad. Looking at the pokedex Kenshin showed her Olivia was tempted to touch it. Wow! Was that a pokedex?! She for one didn't conveniently have one of those nifty things! Regardless, she stared at the pokemon on the screen and just sort of... didn't react for a moment. When she finally did she first stood up straight and turned to look Kenshin in the eyes.

"I've... never seen anything like it!"

She paused a moment.

"But alright... We should get going if we want to catch you a new pokemon!~ And... about the swimsuit--"

She placed her hands on her hips, and although her tone proceede to take on that of a lecturing tone, she still smiled kindly at Kenshin throughout the entire thing.

"Shorts, swim trunks, it doesn't really matter~ You should take off your shirt so at least nobody thinks you hate being there!"

She then proceeded to turn and start heading off towards the beach. She presumed there would be somewhere private there for her to change into her swimsuit.

Name - Location
The shades turned on to reveal a digital overlay, only visible from the inside of the shades. A small team rocket logo adorned the lower left corner at all times, and it seemed as if she could literally control the device with nothing but her eyes. Looking at a specific area of the glasses caused a cursor to follow suit, and from there the device seemed to be able to just.../tell/ when you wanted to 'click' on something. How strangely fascinating!

"Don't sit on those or nothin'. They cost a pretty penny."

Noteably, one of the applications on the shades was a phone. It also functioned as a pokedex, heat vision mode, and what seemed to be informally named 'scanner'.

"The scanner is a more advanced adaptation of the pokedex application--It'll tell you about humans and geological places. Sometimes it doesn't work on more obscure people though--It'll probably work on any teacher at least."

Lastly, there were quite a few basic tools such as a compass, watch, and a weather predictor scattered across the interface. In the upper right corner was a digital eyeball staring directly forward from the glases. An arrow hovering around the eyeball pointed in Arcadia's direction.

"That eyeball you see in the corner--That tells you who's lookin' at'cha and where they are--It'll work on anybody--except certain pokemon that don't see the way we do. There's a lot of stuff burried in these things that even I haven't even bothered to try usin' yet."

Arcadia turned her back, and the eyeball dimmed to show that nobody was watching. Arcadia grinned--she was making progress. If they could recruit enough students over time, they could start going after teachers and subvert this entire island in the name of Team Rocket! Of course, that wasn't even part of the plan... It was merely... a side benefit and perhaps a backup plan for later should things go awry somehow.

"That's all you get to start with... Contact the boss when you're ready. You'll get more info and access to more gear once you've become acquainted. Me--I'll be around...with the others."

She didn't bother hiding secrets. as there was really no point in doing so anymore. Zora needed to know some things to perform her job, so risks needed to be taken.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach
Daniel grinned a little sheepishly as she saw through to his favourite Pokémon, lifting a hand to scratch the bridge of his nose slightly, glancing towards the egg laying in the sand next to him, before looking back to Ruby, tilting his head a little curiously. "… Glaceon and Leafeon. Huh. I'll look forward to seeing one! I wish I had a Dragonair though. Just being able to be up close to something so majestic-looking would be amazing, and being friends with it… would be even better."

He glanced out towards the sea, watching the waves gently rolling along as the sun made it's way towards the horizon. He then looked back to her with a blink. "Hey, uh… I realized I hadn't asked before, but… which dorm are you in? Maybe we'd be living next to each other. Would make it easier to meet up for a chat now and then!" He said with a bright, excited grin.

Alexis nodded her head a few times, smiling at Hikari. "Then you don't have to! Daniel made me choose if I wanted to or not, and… well, I want to be as strong as I can, to protect him. And… well, I do like being strong. And Ruby doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to force you to evolve." She said with a nod.

Daniel glanced to the Poochenya as it lept into Ruby's lap. He shifted a little closer, carefully reaching out with his hand, allowing Hikari to sniff it before giving her head a little pat. "Hey there Hikari. Enjoying the sun?"

Back