• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct 10.01.2013

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Nintendo-Direct-Wii-U-3DS-May-17.jpg

Hey guys, it's almost time for another Nintendo Direct - you can watch it right here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/10-01-2013/

This thread will basically be open to all kinds of discussion, so, feel free to share your hopes, feelings, and thoughts about this direct! I'll update the OP after the direct is over, and you can still carry on the discussion!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm basically stalking the eshop waiting for that ace attorney demo. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say Pokemon and Ace Attorney are my two favourite game series.

Definitely makes up for no X & Y trailer.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • - Mario World looks - and sounds - darn nice. November 22nd release
    - DK: Tropical Freeze sadly pushed back to Feb next year. Not good going there. Maybe they are banking on the above to sell the Wii U this Christmas and follow up with MK and DK the couple months afterward.
    - They talked about Wii U party too
    - Sanik confirmed for next SSBrothers.
    - DLC for Pikmin 3, including a free mission
    - They showed more of Sonic Lost World
    - Something about Assassins creed 4
    - Ace Attorney 5 trailer, demo on eshop, game releases 22nd November
    - Bravely Default: Flying Fairy 6th December Europe (idk about America)
    - New Kirby 3ds game next year. Also looks pretty.
    - LoZ game for 3ds has a different system - you rent (later buy) items for dungeons. Odd, but maybe it'll make rupees more useful?

@ lack of XY demo - Also I don't think Pokemon really needs a demo title, it'll sell like hotcakes anyways and I'd rather the have just focused more on the game than making an eshop demo.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Actually I meant trailer and not demo. I think I just had a brain fart because I was talking about the ace attorney demo before that.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Fair enough. I guess they've already been pushing that a fair bit too though, via those promotions, twitter/facebook, etc.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'm disappointed nothing interesting/new was said about X and Y. I'm definitely looking forward to Super Smash Bros and Super Mario 3D World! I've got to say though, for me, Sonic doesn't look that crash hot. ;-;

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Arrgh, why did they delay Tropical Freeze where it was the only exclusive I was really looking forward for. The new footage of 3D world actually looks very interesting seeing as apart from that, the game doesn't look very interesting.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • That Kirby game looks great! It's a shame it comes out 2014..I wanted to wish for it for Christmas D:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Arrgh, why did they delay Tropical Freeze where it was the only exclusive I was really looking forward for. The new footage of 3D world actually looks very interesting seeing as apart from that, the game doesn't look very interesting.

Perhaps it's because 1) they need to add a few more touches to increase its quality, and 2) to keep the Wii U from having another drought at the beginning of Q1 2014 for the lack of blockbuster games coming out for that system.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm extremely hyped for the new Kirby 3DS game. I've been a fan of this franchise ever since the release of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. When I was little, used to play that game every weekend with my cousins for countless amount of hours. I used to play it on the weekdays, too, if my parents allowed me. It was very addictive. So far, I've been able to play every Kirby games that they've released so far... well, maybe except just one or two. xD

I know that Kirby is a platforming game, but I'd like to see them implement some open-world aspects to it, and allow us to move more freely and go wherever we want to. Sort of like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Same story as Spinosaurus. Hyped and pissed at the same time.
    Shin Megami Tensei IV not being on the list, literally means: Slap yourself with a table and see ya' in 2014, if not later. It really pissed me off that the Shin Megami Tensei games gets slower and slower by each release. It's getting on my nervous.

Pretty hyped for Bravely Default, though. I'm finally able to play a game that feels more final fantasy than final fantasy. The release date works out nicely as well, getting holiday money on the 5th of December as usual, i'm literally getting it for free, basically without spending my own money on it.

Back