• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPod Shuffle 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • I don't own one myself, but from what I can see the only real advantage that they have is that they can be used for listening to music while jogging (due to the super light weight of the device, it would be much harder for it to fly off), however the drawbacks really outweigh the pros of the device. If anyone I know wanted a shuffle, I would sooner recommend the previous generation with the buttons on it than the new one.

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    I don't own one myself, but from what I can see the only real advantage that they have is that they can be used for listening to music while jogging, however the drawbacks really outweigh the pros of the device. If anyone I know wanted a shuffle, I would sooner recommend the previous generation with the buttons on it than the new one.

I'd personally recommend one of the Sandisk Sansa (Clip, I think? I haven't been to work for a week..) players. Cheaper, easier to use! And they have buttons! And they support Ogg too, apparently :)

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah actually while it might seem cool the voice thing is unresponsive the official apple headphones are the only ones available as the special chip for 3RD party headphones to be useable is not shipped out yet and I in my personal opinion think its too easy to break. Otherwise there is this other MP3 which has a small screen that is black with blue led dot things comes in a number of colors and has a speaker. Oh and it has a clip. It wouldn't be that Sansa Clip you just mention as2 would it? Ah it is. I would go for that way faster then the shuffle. I mean it goes for a lot more then it's resources cost and personally I hate apple more then I do Nokia.

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
  • Whats the point of an ipod shuffle ???? It may be cheaper but it has no screen to see what song your playing. Even with the new voice features it's still impossibe to use (p.s I also got an ipod touch so whats the point of a shuffle :))

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
  • I'm honestly not a big fan of pretty much anything Apple made, aside from the Preforma in 1985.
    I don't seem to care for the 3G shuffle much either; you can get an mp3 player that uses universal headphones, has a screen, larger capacity for around the same price, as as2 pointed out, the sansa clip.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Whats the point of an ipod shuffle ???? It may be cheaper but it has no screen to see what song your playing. Even with the new voice features it's still impossibe to use (p.s I also got an ipod touch so whats the point of a shuffle :))

I'm going to assume you haven't watched the guided tour. A company doesn't just create a product that has no use in the real world. You have to look at the big picture. The iPod shuffle's purpose was for those on the go, in the gym, working out, running, etc. that want a portable device that doesn't weigh much (though Apple's other devices in the iPod family don't exactly weigh much anyway), and is able to be with you, without you really needing to do anything. Thus, the shuffle was made.

The controls on the new iPod shuffle are within the headphones. But if you're going to say that it's impossible to use, without knowing anything about it, that's rather idiotic of you and ignorant to do. Before you say anything, you should really look it up. Otherwise, you just get looked upon as a fool.

Know that when it comes to Apple, I'm an enthusiast, but with the shuffle, I don't see a real need to have it when you could have something else. So,.. yeah.

liketoys0000

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I would go for this Apple MB565LL/A 120GB iPod, rather than shuffle. It has decent price too.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I would go for this Apple MB565LL/A 120GB iPod, rather than shuffle. It has decent price too.

I agree. Despite the fact that the iPod classic typically weighs the most out of the iPod family (including the iPhone), there's a lot more storage space on them than a Shuffle. Personally, I don't really see the market scheme that Apple was trying to produce by creating an iPod Shuffle. This is really the only disappointment I can say, for me at least, on Apple as a company. There really was no need on creating an iPod Shuffle. I see no problem creating a playlist on an iPod and using that to workout with or whatever you'd typically use the Shuffle for.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • It's not so much the software on the shuffle that makes it work for it's intended market, it's the size. both the form factor and the actual storage size are both intentionally made to fit the needs of those that work out. The weight if perfect i that it ads ounces, not pounds which makes it perfect for runners, the needn't worry about an iPod Classic weighing them down. The storage space of 2-4GB is perfect in that it allows those who have larger libraries to not listen to the same songs each work out while still providing the option to have that.

The iPod shuffle is meant for and marketed to those who want a simple, lightweight device that you can load with songs and take on a run and still not dig so far into the buyers wallet that if anything happens to it it's not as big of a deal.
    If you cannot live with out some sort of visual way of navigating your content, then they provide the iPod Nano as the substitute, it has the screen you want and, while weighing approx. 0.92 ounces more than the shuffle, still provides the same functions. (also the nano has more size limits and functionalities that the Shuffle could never handle.

I own an iPod Touch, which I bought for the sole reason of being able to use it for internet and multitasking without having multiple devices, My brother owns a shuffle. We both hold that the models we chose were the best for us, He only uses his when he's out exercising or in the car where he simply needs some ambient music to lighten the task, I use my iPod far more than him, so it makes sense.

If your lifestyle isn't one that simply needs a couple GB of music to liven up what would otherwise be a boring task, then the shuffle is not for you. Go get a Nano or some other player that works for you. I do not have a lifestyle that could make use of a shuffle, therefore I do not own one, but I respect those who do because it was their choice.

(I really have no clue where this came from, nor is it directed at any one person. If anyone finds offense to anything I said, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend.)

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • I'm honestly not a big fan of pretty much anything Apple made, aside from the Preforma in 1985.
    I don't seem to care for the 3G shuffle much either; you can get an mp3 player that uses universal headphones, has a screen, larger capacity for around the same price, as as2 pointed out, the sansa clip.
    I don't like the Apple company anymore. Therefore, I wouldn't buy anything from Apple, especially Macs.

Reactions: Zet

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I don't have one i was deciding to buy one.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • That is precisely how I feel ;)
    Thank you.

To be honest, I didn't mean to upset any Apple fans. But everything I use from Apple, I get common problems. Low speed, freezing and bad loading problems. I also hate that Apple allows a Mac vs. PC commercial to lie and to speak inaccurate information. This is making Apple Inc. more embarrassing. Macs will never top Windows sells. Better or yet, Microsoft will, and always be more richer than Apple. It will be infinite impossible to the max for Apple to be more richer. Forget the new upcoming iPods, I'm getting the Zune HD. I hate to rant (negative speeches) on Apple Inc., but I am so tired of this frequent problems. I rarely have any problems with Microsoft.

Zet

Years
  • I'm going to go ahead and close this, since it will surely become a flame war soon about Apple vs Microsoft. But I would suggest getting that 120GB iPod that was mentioned by some people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back