• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The Lucky Egg boost only applies to the Pokemon who's holding it.

Anyway, you can possibly get another Lucky Egg from the sunglasses guy in Route 13. This guy will give you 1 random item a day, so you can save right in front of him, talk to him and try to get the Lucky Egg. If the item isn't a Lucky Egg, reset and try again. Note that Route 13 is only accessible post-National Dex.
In this vein, you can get an unlimited number of Lucky Eggs. It's the same with the Fossil Maniac; if you want a team of Aerodactyls, save before talking to him and get a new Old Amber every day, then take each to the museum to restore the Aerodactyl inside. In six days you have an army to take over the world! *grin*

Note this is also a National Dex activity.

Cyclone

Years
I meant more like which particular moves should I teach him? He is level 22 and knows:

Uproar
Icy Wind
Avalanche
Taunt (a mistake I made from reading the description wrong, thinking it prevented attacks for 3 turns)

Is that considered an effective move list at that level?

For Vanillite, at Level 22 I guess that is an okay moveset but as it levels up remember to make it learn Ice Beam at Level 35 (which is a staple for the line as they are special attackers) and Mirror Shot at Level 26 until you get the TM for Flash Cannon (teach it Flash Cannon once you get the TM). Acid Armor, which is learned at Level 31 is also a good one to have since it boosts its Defense by two stages, effectively weakening physical attacks directed at it. Hail is also recommended with or without Blizzard, you can combo with Blizzard if you want but it's still a nice filler move since it triggers Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe's ability, Ice Body which heals its HP by a little after each turn in the hail. Frost Breath is also pretty neat since it always does a critical hit and you get the TM for that after beating Brycen.

Vanillite evolves into Vanillish at Level 35, and then into Vanilluxe at Level 47.

So, based on what I studied the best moveset for Vanilluxe by the end is:

Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor / Blizzard
Hail / Frost Breath

Try it out and see what you think.

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
Years
Is paralyze really worth it? More often than not, when I paralyze a Pokemon it is able to act anyway. Is there a way to increase the probability of making the target more immobile when it is hit with paralysis?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is paralyze really worth it? More often than not, when I paralyze a Pokemon it is able to act anyway. Is there a way to increase the probability of making the target more immobile when it is hit with paralysis?

Paralysis is still worth using because it reduces the afflicted Pokemon's Speed to 25% of its original value. The 25% chance of full paralysis is simply a bonus, IMO. To answer the rest of the question, no, there are no methods to increase the odds of fully paralyzing the opponent, but the ability Serene Grace doubles the odds of moves that have a chance to paralyze, such as Body Slam.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's worth if you have slow team =)
Imo Paralysis is most useless status infliction because it cannot affect Ground types, though.
But as I said, if you have slow team, you may find PRZ useful =)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've noticed the speed cut myself; I always hate running into Emolga and run away from every single one so one of my team members doesn't get hit by the slowdown in speed (though once in a while skipping a turn could come in handy, such as if I inflict something with Toxic and then I'm frozen for two turns, my PP are not wasted and it still faints).

I do use Body Slam, which does also have the paralyzing effect. However, I don't often plan for the speed gain I would obtain; simply put, I usually over-level my opponents and there are only a few that would have speed above mine.

It could be useful for a capture, meanwhile.

Cyclone

Years

Paralysis is handy if you want to catch something or if you're using slow Pokemon since it cripples the opponent's Speed to 25% of its usual.

It's probably worth it but it can't affect Ground-types outside of Stun Spore and the Static ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Paralysis is handy if you want to catch something or if you're using slow Pokemon since it cripples the opponent's Speed to 25% of its usual.

It's probably worth it but it can't affect Ground-types outside of Stun Spore and the Static ability.

Body Slam, Bounce, Dragon Breath, Fling, Force Palm, Glare, Lick, and Secret Power all inflict Paralysis.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

To make the Pokemon more immobile you could try confusing it as well as inflicting paralysis. Along with that you could also use moves that cause the opponent to flinch. With paralysis you can 'combo' other moves in and make it even worse for your opponent. :)

ArcanusTheMage

The Defender
Years
Why can't I trade away a Deoxys and a Darkrai on the GTS that my girlfriend gave me from her Pokemon Pearl? Any explanation to that?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Most likely cause of Cherish balls I believe. They changed the coding so if she got them from events I don't think they can be traded over GTS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
According to its location guide, the only legal way to catch Darkrai is on Newmoon Island in Generation IV, and only if you have a Member Card. Newmoon Island is the only place it has ever appeared (except promotionally), and the Member Card is an event item that cannot be obtained otherwise except by hacking.

Since Darkrai is fought in battle and can be captured legitimately, the Ultra Ball could have been used, and it should be tradeable. If the Darkrai in this case IS hacked, it could have still been hacked into an Ultra Ball, but Darkrai CAN be traded legitimately from this capture. So the question is whether this is indeed a Newmoon Island Darkrai. Arcanus, check to see whether this Darkrai comes from Newmoon Island; if not, it's definitely hacked, but if so, it could still be hacked in other ways. I wonder if a hacked key event item will prevent the Pokémon from being tradeable? If an original is cloned, does that stop it?

The same applies to the Deoxys and Birth Island as its only home.

Cyclone

Last edited:

ArcanusTheMage

The Defender
Years
Ah, then it must've been hacked, along with the Deoxys as well, because I did a search about this problem and only hacked pokemon can't be traded.. meaning that her sister did that, hacked to get the legendarys ._." have to get legit ones now

Years
Hey y'all! I've become interested in RNG'ing and I need a bit of help, I've looked through guides and have watched Youtube videos.. But the only problem I'm having is finding my SID.

Could somebody help me out? Tell me how to find it? Find it for me? :O Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hey y'all! I've become interested in RNG'ing and I need a bit of help, I've looked through guides and have watched Youtube videos.. But the only problem I'm having is finding my SID.

Could somebody help me out? Tell me how to find it? Find it for me? :O Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. n___n

Go to PokèCheck [Click] and follow the instructions. Once your Pokemon has been uploaded it will tell you all of its details, including your SID. It has to be your Pokemon to get your PID, though! :)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
To do the "Passerby" thing, won't all people connecting their games have to have completed the surveys?

I'd also like to know more about how you can see what your friends answered to the questions, and how you can keep connected with them (isn't there some area where I can add them to my friends list, like that book in the "Key Items" bag?).

Years
Hi,

I have some questions about egg.

I catched Joltik (but I only find joltik with Unnerve) If I put a couple in the breeding house; could I receive a joltik with Compoundeyes ?Or the special capacity is hereditary?

Tic has no gender so, can I obtain an Egg ?Or is he compared to the legendary ?(I want a better nature).

Thanks for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back