• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Grand Festival ✮RESULTS✮ OOC/SU Thread

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

the PokéCommunity & Roleplay Corner present:

Hoenn Grand Festival

IC THREAD | OOC THREAD

Spoiler:

Introduction
    With OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire on the horizon, it's time we truly honoured the Hoenn region - by hosting our very own Grand Festival! Players can sign up for this immense tournament of skill and beauty, whether they partake or merely observe is up to them. This roleplay will be our counterpart to the PC Get Together. Whether you're new to The Roleplay Corner or a seasoned veteran, whether you can only post once or twice or you're in it for the prizes - join in! This roleplay will last approximately 3 weeks.

2vts2df.png

The Grand Festival is a celebration of Pokémon for their beauty - it's all about combination and timing, elegance and finesse, rather than just power. Each region has its own Festival, similar to the Pokémon League, where coordinators travel to to take part. Our Grand Festival, nestled in Slateport, is one of the biggest events on the Hoenn calendar.

Stages
    This tournament has two rounds - the first is an appeals round, where players write an individual post showcasing a pokémon. Remembering to display a creative and unique use of moves. The second round is a double-battle round, where continuing players will write a joint post describing their battle.

During both stages, combination moves play a huge part in contests. Combination moves can be pulled off by a single, talented pokemon or can utilise their partner in a double battle. A list of all known anime combinations can be found here. These should help inspire you, and should not be directly copied (of course!).

Scoring
    Players will be given points for certain actions in this roleplay event. Points will be tallied at my discretion - with most of the counting happening at the end of the event. Feel free to keep track of your own points though!

+1
    +5
    +10
    +20
    A non-battle, non-appeal post.
    A non-tournament battle against another player
    An appealing [☆]
    Taking part in a tournament double battle [☆]

☆-marked earners have a bonus point addition, depending on your post you can be awarded up to 10 points by a judge. Please note that 'winning' your battle does not affect this.

Points mean prizes! Once we know your score, you'll be awarded with a prize. The person who accumulates the most points will be awarded with Supporter-ship (or a raise in tier). Please note that this reward may be gifted to another user.

0+
    20+
    30+
    40+
    Rookie: 'More suited to the League' Emblem
    Amateur: 'Blossoming Coordinator' Emblem
    Contender: 'Blossoming Coordinator' Emblem
    Pro: 'Pro Coordinator' Emblem
    Champion: Donation on behalf of the user + 'Pro Coordinator' Emblem

Locations
    There are several locations to make the most of in Slateport City - you don't just have to hang around the stands, especially if you're not keen on the competition side! Below we have compiled a list of 'must see' places for you to visit.

Spoiler:

Signing Up
    Signing up is quick and reasonably painless, just complete the small form in the spoiler below. Please note there is no limit to the number of people taking part, but you may only have one character.

NOTE: The pokémon below are the ones entered in to the contest. You may have more on your person, and can use others in non-tournament battles.

Character Name:
    Short Biography:

Pokémon Species:
    Ability:
    Moves:

Pokémon Species:
    Ability:
    Moves:

Pokémon Species:
    Ability:
    Moves:

Characters:
    Jamie Swift - Magic
    Emerald Constantine - ApocalypticAnarchist
    Cabbage Evergreen - Logical Cabbage
    Austin Kavanaugh - gio7sm
    Farah Lumina - Nakuzami
    Dallas Reed - Iceman3317
    Rei Ruby - OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
    Mason Kastell - ★ Aura Draydoblade ★
    Fleur Andenette - kaomojisama
    Alex Simmonds - gimmepie
    Jango Grendale - Hawman32
    Maria Consolacion "Solace" Vivides Sarini - Leijon
    Black Borklesh - PokeHunterBlack
    Melisande Blythe - Daisuke Mitsuharu

If you have any concerns or need help, contact Magic or one of the other moderators Skymin and adventure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Oop I was hoping someone else would post before I got my character up. Of course, I'll exempt myself from any scoring~

Character Name: Jamie Swift
    Short Biography: A young resident of Mauville City, Jamie had turned to contests after failing to beat the Hoenn E4 members. After quitting the league, Jamie's boredom and lack of drive prompted his parents to step in and push him towards something new, buying tickets to watch a contest did the job. Jamie continued his journey working towards this goal, winning contests across the Hoenn region. His Pokémon have been partners with him for many years, including his beloved Ninetales - who he began his league quest with. Together they had perfected many beautiful and unique combination moves. After three years of contests Jamie now feels he is ready to compete with the elite, he wasted no time in signing up to this season's Grand Festival.

Pokémon Species: Ninetales (Flash Fire)
    Moves: Energy Ball, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Flamethrower

Pokémon Species: Murkrow (Super Luck)
    Moves: Haze, Protect, Shadow Ball, Fly

Pokémon Species: Zebstrika (Lightning Rod)
    Moves: Flame Charge, Spark, Ion Deluge, Agility

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Character Name: Emerald Constantine
    Short Bio: Emerald grew up with his beloved Pokemon in Littleroot Town and hated seeing them fight. Instead he decided to journey across Hoenn, caring for his friends and focused on making them happy not powerful. Emerald's Pokemon grew to love him and they always tried their complete best to make Emerald proud. Emerald's bond with his Espeon grew to the point where they could hear each others thoughts. Eventually Emerald stumbled across a Pokemon Contest, a contest where the Pokemon's ability and connection with its trainer was most important, not power. Emerald's Espeon was eager to prove herself and so Emerald and his Pokemon decided to compete.

Pokémon Species: Espeon (Magic Bounce) -Female-
    Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Morning Sun

Pokemon Species: Lileep (Storm Drain) -Male-
    Moves: Ingrain, Giga Drain, Ancient Power, Recover

Pokemon Species: Lotad (Rain Dish) -Female-
    Moves: Surf, Giga Drain,Leech Seed, Synthesis

Other Pokemon Not Entered:
    Lapras, Slakoth, Growlithe

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Yeah! An ORAS RP! Count me in!

Character Name: Cabbage Evergreen

Short Bio:
    As a young little girl, Cabbage has always dreamed of being a coordinator. Given that she lives in Lilycove, trainers from around the world come and show their skills in the big league of contests. Her dad would always buy tickets to see the well known trainers coordinate. So once Cabbage was ten, her dad gave her a Castform as her present. The two at first didn't get along and constantly mocked each other, but Cabbage still had her dream. In an effort for Castform to grow stronger, her dad took her to the local Safari Zone and trained there. She caught a Torchic there, and the next day set off to explore Hoenn. She eventually met a Vibrava and that pokemon stayed with her too.

The Party Pokemon:

Pokemon Species:
    Castform(Forecast)
    Movesets: Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Weather Ball, Hail

Pokemon Species: Blaziken(Speed Boost)
    Movesets: Sunny Day, Overheat, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut

Pokemon Species: Flygon(Levitate)
    Movesets: Earthquake, Fissure, Outrage, Fly

Other Pokemon: Flareon, Dedenne, Emolga, Garchomp, Torterra, Delphox, Charizard, Swampert, Haxorus, Dragonite, and Glaceon

Last edited:

Etherion

clawitzer.gif
    Clawitzer (M) Nickname: Finick Mega Launcher Focus Blast | Dragon Pulse | Heal Pulse | Flash Cannon

swellow.gif
    Swellow (M) Nickname: Valor Guts Whirlwind | Boomburst | Brave Bird | Heat Wave

meowstic-f.gif
    Meowstic (M) Nickname: Maleficent (Effie for short) Infiltrator Psychic | Thunder Wave | Magical Leaf | Dark Pulse

Accumulated Points:

Austin Kavanaugh

A 16 year old from a small distant region. His family members are world class performers, from singers, musicians and - that's right - coordinators. Following the footsteps of his late grandmother and with the encouragement of his parents, he is able to pursue his dreams of becoming a coordinator. After 3 years of intense training, he and his Pokemon were able take part in such events.

CSS Credit: Nakuzami
    BACKGROUND Credit: SweetLittleVampire

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Er. Mah. Gerd. I wernt ern. (Still a W.I.P)

Character Name: Dexter "Dex" Dexton
    Short Biography:

Pokémon Species:
    Swampert- Defoux
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Earthquake, Surf, Waterfall, Ice Punch

Pokémon Species: Zangoose- Dirk
    Ability: Immunity
    Moves: Slash, Crush Claw, X-Scissors, Return

Pokémon Species: Hariyama- Dojo
    Ability: Guts
    Moves: Reversal, Close Combat, Seismic Toss, Payback

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hover for details

espurr.gif
    Espurr (M) "Casimir" Infiltrator Psychic - Thunderbolt - Energy Ball - Dark Pulse

vivillon.gif
    Vivillon (F) "Désirée" Compound Eyes Hurricane - Quiver Dance - Double Team - Psybeam

aurorus.gif
    Aurorus (M) "Lucrèce" Snow Warning Aurora Beam - Mist - Blizzard - Flash Cannon

Other Pokémon
    654MS.png
    657MS.png
    264MS.png
    206MS.png
    407MS.png
    300MS.png
    311MS.png
    312MS.png
    162MS.png
    531MS.png
    295MS.png
    611MS.png
    335MS.png
    336MS.png
    359MS.png
    325MS.png
    686MS.png
    277MS.png
    692MS.png
    696MS.png
    133MS.png
    702MS.png
    358MS.png
    302MS.png
    458MS.png
    170MS.png
    213MS.png
    186MS.png
    708MS.png
    324MS.png
    714MS.png
    570MS.png
    327MS.png
    148MS.png

Farah Lumina

Short Biography:

Farah was born and raised in the Kalos Region, where she began catching and training Pokémon at the age of fourteen. She'd had pet Pokémon before then, but that was the time where she decided to get a bit more serious about things. She journeyed around the region, catching and training Pokémon of all sorts. She would challenge gym leaders and collect badges, but with no intentions of entering the league itself. She wasn't interested in battling to be the best; she just wanted to grow her Pokémon family and make them the best that they could be. Because of this, she also didn't care whether they evolved or not; she left the decision entirely up to them. She continued to travel around Kalos for three years, until she turned seventeen. On her seventeenth birthday, she opted to broaden her horizons by traveling to the Hoenn region. There, she continued to train and catch Pokémon, battle gym leaders and frontier brains, and even began to enter contests.

For her, contests were something beyond battling. It was in contests that she could truly show off her Pokémon in a way that demonstrated skill and provided entertainment. She felt that she fit under the title of Pokémon Coordinator better than any other Pokémon title. She began to collect ribbons and entered any and every contest she came across, whether they counted towards the Grande Festival or not. She even began to use her tactics as a Coordinator in battles against other Pokémon Trainers, which more often than not puzzled them and gave her the upper hand. She refined her skills as a Coordinator for another two years, practicing every combination that she could think of and preparing her Pokémon in any way possible, including feeding them plenty of Pokéblocks and poffins, and keeping them well groomed. Now she's nineteen years old, and it's time for her to enter the Grande Festival.​

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Character Name: Dallas Reed
    Short Biography: Dallas is originally from the Kalos Region where he got his first pokemon, Fletchling, and then raised it and eventually became a Talonflame.
    When he first started at the age of thirteen, he never really cared about ribbons or badges. He also didn't believe in sending pokemon to the computer and felt like all his pokemon should travel with him. So he made a special bag that he could carry on his back with each pokeball having its own pouch. However, he still kept six at his waist. When he turned sixteen, he started getting into both badge and ribbon collecting. He has collected badges and ribbons from all regions. He had even gotten a Frontier Symbol, but he never entered the leagues and festivals. At eighteen, he decided to finally challenge the Kalos Pokemon League and finished in the Top 16. He was disappointed at the time, but he did not give up. Now, a year later, he has collected enough ribbons in Hoenn to finally enter his first Grand Festival. Hist main goal, to win the Grand Festival and League in every region. And to become Champion of his home.
    Appearance: Tan, dark brown hair, green eyes, loves the color orange

Pokémon Species: Female Gardevoir
    Ability:Telepathy
    Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Thunder Bolt, Encore

Pokémon Species: Male Empoleon
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Aqua Jet, Flash Cannon

Pokémon Species: Male Talonflame
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Moves: Tailwind, Solar Beam, Flame Charge, Double Team

Other Pokemon on Person:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Character: Rei Ruby
    Biography: A young Hoennian man with black hair, tan skin, who likes the color red. He is in search of the Pokémon called Groudon and it's fellow Super Ancient Pokémon. He is researching Primal reversions and Mega Evolutions, continuing the work of his mother.
    Pokemon species: Blaziken (♀)- Blazia
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, Protect

Pokémon species: Swampert (♀)- Kip
    Moves: Ice Punch, Earthquake, Muddy Water, and Rain Dance

Pokémon Species: Sceptile (♂)- Forest King
    Ability: Overgrowth
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, X-Scissor.

Pokémon Species: Camerupt (♂)- Volcan
    Ability- Solid Rock
    Moves: Eruption, Sunny Day, Earthquake, Rock Tomb

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Welcome everyone :) including a few faces from around PC I believe! I'll be updating the top list shortly, just to let everyone know the actual posting thread will be going live on August 1st - so you have some time to chat in this thread - you might want a friend or a rival! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    This is gonna be so awesome. I thought there would be alot more people participating though.
    Anyone wanna be my sworn rival?

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well 7 people in a day is fairly good. There is still 5 or so days before posting starts. So there will probably be at least 3 others to join.

However, it would be nice to go ahead and start posting. But I guess will will wait. I am going to the beach for sure :p

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If anyone wants to RP with me when this starts, let me know. I plan to be on the beach in the first post :p There will be Ice Cream!

Etherion

If anyone wants to RP with me when this starts, let me know. I plan to be on the beach in the first post :p There will be Ice Cream!

*raises hands*
    maybe a battle between Dallas and Austin?
    maybe fighting over a specific ice cream flavor?

*cough*5points*cough*

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Lol that would be hilarious, but I was going to get Vannilish to make the Ice Cream. Not sure though. We can still have a battle though.

Etherion

Lol that would be hilarious, but I was going to get Vannilish to make the Ice Cream. Not sure though. We can still have a battle though.

oh! but we need a battle 'hook'
    the reason why the two battle...
    got any ideas?

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Character Name: Mason Kastell
    Short Biography: Born in Rustboro City, Mason lived a pretty normal childhood. When he turned 10, he recieved a Snorunt as his first Pokémon. Soon after, he was gifted a Feebas for Christmas. Mason traveled the Hoenn region for about a year, until he realized being a Trainer wasn't for him. So he turned to Contests. On the way home, he managed to catch an Leafeon who had been following him, probably in hopes of getting a Trainer. By then, his Snorunt had been evolved into a Froslass.

For the next two years, Mason participated in, (and most of the time, won) Contestx with his Froslass, Milotic (Feebas had evolved after around six months of Contests) and Leafeon. It all led up to today.

The Hoenn Grand Festival.

Pokémon Species: Froslass
    Ability: Cursed Body
    Moves: Double Team, Captivate, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind

Pokémon Species: Milotic
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Moves: Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Attract, Twister

Pokémon Species: Leafeon
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Moves: Helping Hand, Grass Whistle, Syntheis, Leaf Blade

Back